Josh Manley Update | Syracusefan.com

Josh Manley Update

My take it seems like he is just looking for a reason not to go to Syracuse. He wanted Missouri or UCLA but probably found out they weren't going to offer. This is just a IMO.

My take is he likes Cuse, kind of wants to make sure he is making the right decision and mostly just wants to take another free trip.

My take it seems like he is just looking for a reason not to go to Syracuse. He wanted Missouri or UCLA but probably found out they weren't going to offer. This is just a IMO.
Read the other tweets. Wants to compare since Cuse was his only official. Wouldn't you do the same if you were choosing a school for 4 years? I know I did.

Read the other tweets. Wants to compare since Cuse was his only official. Wouldn't you do the same if you were choosing a school for 4 years? I know I did.

I just think he is just bouncing around IMO he he's talking about one school then visits another. Just seems very weird how this went down 2 days after committing and he had a talk with his uncle.

Good for him. Due diligence. Fans should remember its the kid's life, not ours. Now, the matter of what makes a commitment a commitment is a different issue. Heck, for all we know he might have told Marrone he was gonna look around. Football needs an early signing period.

There's 3 kids still checking things out, Manley, Whitehurst and Brantley. Throw Morgan into that mix, too, even though he's not committed. Not what we'd like, but all 3 probably want to be absolutely sure, which is a good thing if they stick. And the coaching changes could be an influence, also. If they give up on us now and pick a school that didn't put any time into their recruitment, then so be it. That's how the game's played with 17 year old kids and we're a player, too. I can live with Owens flip. The kid had a nice upside, good size and put up some good numbers. But he was from a small league in FLA and was probably a project. He wanted to stay home, but who knows, academics could have played a part and the feeling may have been mutual. Next please- enter Josh Glanton. I think we may have some surprises before it's all over, and if the kids mentioned here stick, that's a good thing, but not the end of the world if they don't. None are key recruits with the exception of Morgan, and perhaps Brantley. I won't say we'll add 3-4 de-commits over the next week, but it's possible, because that's the way the game's played, and we're a player, too. Hey, it could be worse, we could be Rutgers.

I can live with Owens flip. The kid had a nice upside, good size and put up some good numbers. But he was from a small league in FLA and was probably a project. He wanted to stay home, but who knows, academics could have played a part and the feeling may have been mutual. Next please- enter Josh Glanton. .

Glanton's more of a project than Owens. Owens was on a bad HS team and was a standout, also very fast and built fairly well with a good college frame. Glanton's a bit smaller and more of an OLB prospect rather than an ILB like Owens. Would have much rather hung onto Owens than flip Glanton (If we can).

Glanton's more of a project than Owens. Owens was on a bad HS team and was a standout, also very fast and built fairly well with a good college frame. Glanton's a bit smaller and more of an OLB prospect rather than an ILB like Owens. Would have much rather hung onto Owens than flip Glanton (If we can).

FIU coach Cristobal is reportedly a top candidate for RU job. Wonder if that affect Owens' recruitment.

We'll never know about Owens. Glanton was hurt this year and played on a bad wheel, which has been scoped and reportedly good as new by his coach. Josh actually played MLB in HS, but projects on the outside. He's been clocked at 4.6 when healthy, plus Haines City played far better competition than Owens team did, and Joshwas All-League/ All-County 2 years in a row. Granted, Owens was All-State in his small school division. I'd take Glanton over Owens if he does flip, I think JG would better adapt and progress at the next level. If Glanton commits, I see it as interchangeable with Owens, no loss, no gain. BTW, I didn't see USF or UCF come knocking down Owens door.

FIU coach Cristobal is reportedly a top candidate for RU job. Wonder if that affect Owens' recruitment.

Doubt it, the reason he backed off was he wanted to stay close to home. He obviously likes FIU and the staff there, but the major decision was location.

Manley looking at Wake for a comparison makes much more sense than Mizzou or UCLA. Wake is close to home for him, ACC school, good football tradition and private school with excellent academics. Oh and the weather is in the 60's today:).