Joshua- Ruiz II | Syracusefan.com

Joshua- Ruiz II

SWC75

Bored Historian
The fight was mostly a snoozefest. Joshua lost weight and stopped working out with weights on the advice of former foe Klitchko. After what happened last time he didn't want to trade punches with Ruiz. He came out thinner-looking and more mobile. He showed lateral movement I didn't know he had and kept sticking Ruiz wit a stiff jab, (you could see the sweat come flying off the fat man's brow. Joshua opened a cut over Ruiz's left eye. Occasionally he would hit him with a power punch but always backed off rather than going for the knock-out.

Ruiz, for his part, was supposed to show up for training came in July but was AWOL until September. he was a flabby 268 for the first fight and came in 15 pounds heavier than that. He proclaimed his intent to "stick to the fight plan" but there didn't seem to be much of one. Ruiz was unable to use footwork to cut off Joshua and just plodded after him, absorbing jab after jab. He took to waving Joshua in, hoping Anthony's ego would get the better of him but Joshua was the one sticking to a fight plan. Ruiz tried to duplicate the overhand right that hit Joshua at the temple in the first fight but Joshua kept ducking under it, making it a "rabbit" punch and drawing warnings for Ruiz to stop it from the referee. Very occasionally, the two fighters would exchange a combination but Joshua always broke it off to resume his fight plan.

I gave Joshua 10 rounds and Ruiz two, (#4 and #8). That's the most he deserved by any interpretation That's 118-110, which two of the judges also had, (the third was worse: 119-109). Joshua now gets back the three titles he lost to Ruiz while Ruiz, having had his 15 minutes of fame, should now fade into oblivion. I doubt Wilder or Fury are shaking in their boots over what they saw. It wasn't a Lennox Lewis revenge knockout type of fight. Joshua might use his new found boxing ability to keep away from Wilder's big punch- for a while. But he still doesn't look like the formidable fighter he was supposed to be.

The fight was mostly a snoozefest. Joshua lost weight and stopped working out with weights on the advice of former foe Klitchko. After what happened last time he didn't want to trade punches with Ruiz. He came out thinner-looking and more mobile. He showed lateral movement I didn't know he had and kept sticking Ruiz wit a stiff jab, (you could see the sweat come flying off the fat man's brow. Joshua opened a cut over Ruiz's left eye. Occasionally he would hit him with a power punch but always backed off rather than going for the knock-out.

Ruiz, for his part, was supposed to show up for training came in July but was AWOL until September. he was a flabby 268 for the first fight and came in 15 pounds heavier than that. He proclaimed his intent to "stick to the fight plan" but there didn't seem to be much of one. Ruiz was unable to use footwork to cut off Joshua and just plodded after him, absorbing jab after jab. He took to waving Joshua in, hoping Anthony's ego would get the better of him but Joshua was the one sticking to a fight plan. Ruiz tried to duplicate the overhand right that hit Joshua at the temple in the first fight but Joshua kept ducking under it, making it a "rabbit" punch and drawing warnings for Ruiz to stop it from the referee. Very occasionally, the two fighters would exchange a combination but Joshua always broke it off to resume his fight plan.

I gave Joshua 10 rounds and Ruiz two, (#4 and #8). That's the most he deserved by any interpretation That's 118-110, which two of the judges also had, (the third was worse: 119-109). Joshua now gets back the three titles he lost to Ruiz while Ruiz, having had his 15 minutes of fame, should now fade into oblivion. I doubt Wilder or Fury are shaking in their boots over what they saw. It wasn't a Lennox Lewis revenge knockout type of fight. Joshua might use his new found boxing ability to keep away from Wilder's big punch- for a while. But he still doesn't look like the formidable fighter he was supposed to be.

283 pounds for a guy 6'2". Predictable outcome. That's embarrassing. Reminds a little bit of Buster Douglas after he beat Tyson.

The fight was garbage. Ruiz when I looked in on his camp last month lost 12lbs. How the hell did he not only gain it back but add additional weight so close to the fight? Undisciplined to say the least. They want a 3rd, we'll see. I don't think Joshua is any type of contender, I think he'd lose to Ortiz, Fury and Wilder. The only real fighter he's gone up against was Klitschko at 41 yrs old. I can't wait until he's forced to fight somebody real.

Saw it the same as you did. Joshua pulled a Klitschko to protect his whiskers and Ruiz prepared and performed like the tomato can he really is...

I’ve always felt Joshua was ”chinny,” overrated and vulnerable (a more athletic Frank Bruno). And saw nothing yesterday to change my opinion. That’s why his management ducked Wilder and will not fight Fury (today’s version) either. I’ve heard Hearn is eyeing Usyk as a near future Joshua opponent. Minimal risk. Another smaller guy (even if talented). Joshua will do to Usyk what he did to the shorter fat Ruiz this time (in another snooze-fest). Too big...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom