Class of 2023 - JUCO C J’onre Reed (TX/KS) Committed / Signed to Syracuse (12/18/22) | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 JUCO C J’onre Reed (TX/KS) Committed / Signed to Syracuse (12/18/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id guess 295

His shape and figure look good with no bad sloppy weight visible
He was listed at 317 on his Juco team’s web site. SU listed him at 325.

On his visit, he looked like he had some baby fat he needed to work on.

Was worried with him stuck at the Juco all spring, he would lose motivation and fall out of shape.

Looks like the opposite happened. Looks like General Reed wants to win a starting position from day one.

Impressive. I like his chances.

Happy you’re finally here!
A199F1A1-24DB-4869-8330-62955722260C.jpeg

I am very impressed. I know it is easy to not be in the spotlight after high school/JUCO and for some kids to slack off a bit. The General looks like he has been training pretty hard since he committed. Stuff like this gives me hop for the season and program.

The way he's committed himself after a setback not getting here in January shows the tremendous mentality he has.

Can Coach Farmer send him film/zoom with him to discuss protections or anything like that? Or is that a no-no?

Could he have come to SU, enrolled and paid his tuition and housing from NIL money? Or do you have to be on the roster to earn money?

He'd had have to have signed an NIL deal.
Knowing his situation, you'd think someone would have stepped up with a deal worth a semester's cost of attendance.

Pumped about this kid.

Holding my breath because this feels like one of those academic issues that seem to burn us all the time.

But if we finally can get this kid in campus I'm really excited to see what he can do. One of the most imposing true center prospects the coaches have found.

Reed looks good.
I think with he and Ilaola we have 2 PHYSICAL ACC level centers.
Who calls out the blocking schemes at the LOS best starts...

Agreed. DJ any guards looking like they could be a Syracuse lean from what you hear?
I haven’t hear a thing regarding portal guys at guard, or at tackle which we can use too. It’s so tough getting portal OL guys, it is always a position of need for even the best programs, so hoping they can grab 2 solid kids but we will see

Here are the JUCO All American teams for 2022. J’Onre made second team, one of a handful of frosh to do so.

It should be noted that Hutchinson finished the season rated the #2 team in the JUCO ranks.

Reed played JUCO football at the highest level. He is from Texas, where we have had great success with linemen transferring in.

Even missing spring ball, I would be surprised if he does not start from day one. If Josh can hold him off, that means Josh is playing at a really high level.

Here are the JUCO All American teams for 2022. J’Onre made second team, one of a handful of frosh to do so.

It should be noted that Hutchinson finished the season rated the #2 team in the JUCO ranks.

Reed played JUCO football at the highest level. He is from Texas, where we have had great success with linemen transferring in.

Even missing spring ball, I would be surprised if he does not start from day one. If Josh can hold him off, that means Josh is playing at a really high level.
Is Josh a possible fill at guard if Reed takes starting center?

If the competition is close I hope it’s because Illoa has taken a massive leap. Otherwise I hope Reed wins the C contest running away.

Is Josh a possible fill at guard if Reed takes starting center?
Yes. I know he played there a little in past seasons. And I think I saw him play a series at OG with the second team OL yesterday. Hoeh has worked at OG too and could fill in there.

I have Moeolo pencilled in as the 3rd OG right now. Huge, has two years of playing high level JUCO at Navarro. Was first team all conference this past year. If Bleich gets hurt. it probably comes down to Bradford and Moeolo for that starting position. Thinking Lysander is probably better but that would be a close competition. I consider both of these guys pretty solid options and am comfortable with the depth at OG.

Pretty comfortable with the situation at C with Reed, Ilaoa and Hoeh.

I would feel better with another experienced option at OT. I think E Cruz is going to be solid. I would expect More to be at least as good as Davis was last year. Probably better. It looks like J Cruz is probably our 3rd option at OT and Petry our fourth. Would be a lot more comfortable with OT if we could add Muskrat to the mix. I like Bass and Mack but those kids are at least a year away.

The General looks like he could play DL or Rhino's FB position too. Feel really good he is going to make an impact

Status
Not open for further replies.