Class of 2018 - JUCO DB Duwayne Johnson (DC) SIGNED NLI SYRACUSE | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 JUCO DB Duwayne Johnson (DC) SIGNED NLI SYRACUSE

Huge. This is going to impact THIS season. Fantastic. HCDFB stayed on him and it paid off. He has a fortunate habit of getting highly rated guys late in the game. DJ adds depth, skills and experience. I looked at his offer sheet out of HS - a who's who of colleges. And the added bonhomie of 2 Woodson players already in the fold with Hendrix and Wallace. Very excited. He's going to love finally playing big boy football in the ACC. He must be close to 20 by now.
So are you telling me you are happy now. ;)

So are you telling me you are happy now. ;)
If this weekend is anything like today (Johnson + Cantin) I may need to do some deep breathing. I feel the recruiting dam is breaking and we're about to be flooded with superlative talent.
Settle down...breathe, breathe.

Dear DuWayne,

000d00037932cbadedc3de65e9c9c682--steven-spielberg-movies-original-memes.jpg

Huge.

Expect him to stick at corner but either way I think this kid, without a doubt, will be in the mix from the get. This kid is a baller, long frame, really fluid hips and movement, and just a tough customer on the outside. This is a big add for the current roster. Shores up depth and gives the younger guys a little more room to develop.

How is someone 20/21 and 173 pounds? Someone get him on the Van Chew diet.
Wait till Edinger gets him on a program. He’ll be 190 before the WMU game.
Oh yeah, and he will have lost none of his quickness.

Wait till Edinger gets him on a program. He’ll be 190 before the WMU game.
Oh yeah, and he will have lost none of his quickness.

First thought was his weight, he will have to put the lbs on at home and comeon ready to rock in the fall. Love this kid!

With a name like that I hope the guy running the sound system/video board plays this every time the kid makes a big play, tackle, or interception

Sure he’s light, but he still plays physical. From the tape, his greatest strength appeared to be tackling. I didn’t see him get challenged through the air that much, maybe because he’s that good of a cover corner, but I’m not worried about his size. Just being as long as he is will help the zone defense and make the receiver appear covered when maybe he actually has a step on him.

Get stronger and protect yourself from injury, but I won’t be concerned if I don’t see his weight at 180 or above...Although I’m sure it will be.

In 2 months?
Maybe? 2lbs. a week. Very tough with workouts and football-related activities, but if anyone can institute a program for DJ it's Edinger. He's got a great track record for weight gain - with the linemen especially.

Thought for sure this wasn't going to happen with this young man coming to the Hill...Welcome Dewayne!

Lots of competition and depth for the DB's and maybe this will help Cordy be a bit of a floater on D and O along with returning punts.