Class of 2019 - JUCO DE Samuel Okuayinou (MN) Committed to Maryland | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 JUCO DE Samuel Okuayinou (MN) Committed to Maryland

Need to get turned down by higher ranked DE's for a committable offer...….

We just had 2 DL in, one who committed, one who may commit. Meanwhile, he spent the weekend at UMass
I hope you aren't basing whether or not he has a commitable offer on a DL who visited and "may commit".

I would be wondering more if we did get a commitment from Dawson, would we still take Okuayinou?

What about it bnoro ?

I hope you aren't basing whether or not he has a commitable offer on a DL who visited and "may commit".

I would be wondering more if we did get a commitment from Dawson, would we still take Okuayinou?

What about it bnoro ?
Already have commits from Rondi, Goulbourne, Tuazama, maybe Dawson, and will probably know pretty soon about Linton. If we get the last 2, do you think we bring in more than 5 on the DL? I hope i'm wrong and we do. He looks like a stud and hope the staff puts the full court press on him. He looks like he can help game 1.

Already have commits from Rondi, Goulbourne, Tuazama, maybe Dawson, and will probably know pretty soon about Linton. If we get the last 2, do you think we bring in more than 5 on the DL? I hope i'm wrong and we do. He looks like a stud and hope the staff puts the full court press on him. He looks like he can help game 1.
One thing is for certain. We needed to address a bad situation with numbers on the DL. A great deal of progress towards that end will be made on Wednesday.

I wish we'd been able to strike while the iron was hot with this prospect.

He seems REALLY athletic -- and given that he has 3 to play 3, it would have been a nice add. Not that we still couldn't land him, but he's starting to blow up, and I think we may have missed our window.

Sometimes the feeding frenzy atmosphere is justified by the talent and sometimes it's just a feeding frenzy. No idea where this recruitment lands on that spectrum.

Sometimes the feeding frenzy atmosphere is justified by the talent and sometimes it's just a feeding frenzy. No idea where this recruitment lands on that spectrum.

Defensive linemen are always at a premium, and athletic DL are coveted most of all.

With dominoes falling one way or the other with tomorrow's signing day, this is exactly when you'd expect a kid like this to begin picking up steam, as teams begin to evaluate alternatives to top prospects they've missed out on.

No idea whether he'd fit our system or not, but the offers he's beginning to stack suggest that he's got the tools.

Shy trying to help out!

Screenshot_20181218-153840_Instagram.jpg

Shy’s promotion of the virtues of playing for SU says a lot about his character, the coach he must admire and the improving program he’s immersed in and thinks others should experience too. Don’t know if we would’ve had this level of player support in years past.
BTW: After his playing career is over, could Shy be the next Nick Monroe. Give him the NE area and let him compete w/the Dazzler.

Shy’s promotion of the virtues of playing for SU says a lot about his character, the coach he must admire and the improving program he’s immersed in and thinks others should experience too. Don’t know if we would’ve had this level of player support in years past.
BTW: After his playing career is over, could Shy be the next Nick Monroe. Give him the NE area and let him compete w/the Dazzler.

Shy could be a S&C coach someday. Kid is a freak athlete and workout warrior.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom