Class of 2019 - JUCO DE Samuel Okuayinou (MN) Committed to Maryland | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 JUCO DE Samuel Okuayinou (MN) Committed to Maryland

With the DE's we are currently in on I don't think we need to go after a JUCO of this caliber right now.

With the DE's we are currently in on I don't think we need to go after a JUCO of this caliber right now.
The question is: why are we still recruiting so many DE's? Are we unhappy with Goulborne and Zama? And by unhappy, I mean not confident ...or do we just need to secure a better rotation at this position?

The question is: why are we still recruiting so many DE's? Are we unhappy with Goulborne and Zama? And by unhappy, I mean not confident ...or do we just need to secure a better rotation at this position?

You really think we’re already recruiting over 2 kids we just sent LOIs to a few weeks ago? Come on.

Because some of these guys are going to probably grow into defensive tackles in our system. We recruit tall athletic players who have speed, and the frames to add weight.

They all won't end up at DE.

huh? They haven't even played a game yet?

huh? They haven't even played a game yet?
This is why I'm asking the question. Not sure why the coaches are continuing to recruit this position so hard when we just brought in 2

This is why I'm asking the question. Not sure why the coaches are continuing to recruit this position so hard when we just brought in 2

If you look at the roster you'll understand why. It's frankly concerning after this year.

We lose 3 DTs and 4 DE's next year. Of the 12 DL on the roster 9 are Seniors and Juniors. You need to bring in kids now. I think Vilbert is one of our biggest remaining targets from a need standpoint.

I assume Rondi/Dawson move inside and Goulbourne/Tuaz are at end. Tuaz can play TE if there's a need there to.

2019 Projections
DT
Kenneth Ruff 6-1 > 296 > SR >Lauderhill, Fla. / Dillard
McKinley Williams 6- 4 > 295 > SR. > Miramar, Fla. / Dillard
Shaq Grosvenor 6-2 > 286 > RSr. > Linden, N.J. / West Orange
Josh Black 6-3 > 272 > RJr. > Loves Park, Ill. / Harlem
Curtis Harper 6-2 > 312 > RSo. > McKeesport, Pa. / McKeesport

DE
Kendall Coleman > 6-3 > 266 > SR. > Indianapolis, Ind. / Cathedral
Alton Robinson > 6-4 > 249 > SR. > Converse, Texas / Judson
Brandon Berry > 6-4 > 251 > RSr. > Griffin, Ga. / Griffin
Jake Pickard > 6-5 > 251 > R > SR. > Short Hills, N.J. / Millburn
Kingsley Jonathan > 6-3 > 256 > JR. > Baltimore, Md. / St. Frances Academy
Zach Morton > 6-4 > 243 > RSo. > Detroit, Mich. / Cass Technical
Caleb Okechukwu > 6-4 > 240 > RFr. > Washington, D.C. / St. John's College
**Richards - 6-4 227 RSo.

If you look at the roster you'll understand why. It's frankly concerning after this year.

We lose 3 DTs and 4 DE's next year. Of the 12 DL on the roster 9 are Seniors and Juniors. You need to bring in kids now. I think Vilbert is one of our biggest remaining targets from a need standpoint.

I assume Rondi/Dawson move inside and Goulbourne/Tuaz are at end. Tuaz can play TE if there's a need there to.

2019 Projections
DT
Kenneth Ruff 6-1 > 296 > SR >Lauderhill, Fla. / Dillard
McKinley Williams 6- 4 > 295 > SR. > Miramar, Fla. / Dillard
Shaq Grosvenor 6-2 > 286 > RSr. > Linden, N.J. / West Orange
Josh Black 6-3 > 272 > RJr. > Loves Park, Ill. / Harlem
Curtis Harper 6-2 > 312 > RSo. > McKeesport, Pa. / McKeesport

DE
Kendall Coleman > 6-3 > 266 > SR. > Indianapolis, Ind. / Cathedral
Alton Robinson > 6-4 > 249 > SR. > Converse, Texas / Judson
Brandon Berry > 6-4 > 251 > RSr. > Griffin, Ga. / Griffin
Jake Pickard > 6-5 > 251 > R > SR. > Short Hills, N.J. / Millburn