Class of 2023 - JUCO DL Michael Nwokocha (TX) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (1/8/24) | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 JUCO DL Michael Nwokocha (TX) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (1/8/24)

boom smile GIF

Excellent news. I wasn’t feeling this one, we had some serious competition.

I know South Carolina stung us again but man we’ve beaten out the SEC toe to toe more this cycle than we ever have before in our history ever. Coach P had some top 20/25 classes but those were built with mostly northern kids. What Frans staff is doing is amazing for Syracuse. I can’t imagine if these guys can lock down the northeast and then work on selected National kids what the ceiling is.

Beating out Mississippi St for this kid isn’t insignificant. Apart from the obvious of them being in the SEC West… they have excelled at sending DL to the NFL. Chris Jones, Jeffery Simmons, Preston Smith. Just to name a few.

Fran can do it all.

We're getting higher rated high school players than we're used to.

We're getting higher rated transfers than we're used to.

We're getting higher rated JUCOs than we're used to.

And the momentum just keeps building. Each really good player from any of those pools that commits makes it easier for the next one to make the same choice.

Micah
I think that's right

1) Mazzcua
2a) Nwokocha
2b) Hastings

That's kind of how I viewed it. That would be a major weekend if it plays out, lock up your starting LG and fill out your DT rotation with some very athletic prospects. Then just need to settle LT hopefully with Travis, QB2, NT and CB. Maybe add another Lber too.

For the Post Standard to write this article this quickly, you have to think they are getting a heads up from the staff. It’s a great way to build trust with the local press.
In all fairness, it's a lot easier writing about these guys. The guys we got last year, no one had ever heard of and the post staff had to look them up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom