Class of 2023 - JUCO DL Michael Nwokocha (TX) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (1/8/24) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 JUCO DL Michael Nwokocha (TX) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (1/8/24)

Held offers from Georgia, Mississippi State, and Tennessee.
OFFERED> MICHAEL NWOKOCHA TYLER JR COLLEGE, TYLER, TX
#95 DE/DT/> 6' 5" 290/ 4.73 40/ SQ 565<

Nwokocha.jpg

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM: YOU WANT TO SEE A GREAT DT, WATCH HIS FILM

VERY FAST FOR SIZE
AGILE
VERY AGGRESSIVE
SQUATS 565 GIVING HIM A PAIR OF POWERFUL LEGS
OVERALL, A POWERFUL DT WHO USES BRUTAL HITS TO BRING A PLAYER DOWN
HAS TO BE DOUBLE TEAMED TO TRY AND KEEP HIM OUT OF B'FLD
FIGHTS OFF DL MAN TO THROW QB/RB TO GROUND
WILL PLAY ON SUNDAY
FRAN BROWN KNOWS PLAYERS LIKE THIS WHO WILL MAKE SYRACUSE A SUCCESSFUL PROGRAM
ONE IF THE BEST DT'S I HAVE EVALUATED

Career Stats - Defense​

gptklasttottkl/gsckydstflydsfffrydsintydsbrupblk
2021-22---0.0---0--------
2022-235121022.04.42.5040-------
2023-2459110.02.020101------
Total10211132.03.24.50501

EXCELLENT OFFER

Last edited:
IMG_1858.jpeg
Interesting prospect. In 2023 he was the #3 overall JUCO prospect at Rivals.

Then in 2024 he pops up again at Rivals as the #13 overall JUCO prospect.

Looks like he signed with Northeastern State, Division 2 school in Oklahoma in 2020. So definitely a late bloomer.

Really like his film but JUCO’s are always a bit of a crap shoot even when they are high performers because of the level of comp. And often even some of our best JUCO’s took a year to really acclimate to the change in comp/systems.

Far be it from me to be critical (he lied), but did they have to circle four players on every highlight play? Didn't know who I was supposed to watch.

Anyway, he looks like he could be a nice depth piece on the D-line...assuming I was watching the right player.
Yah the circles are off on some clips ... usually he's number 95. Like money said, he lines up on the R shoulder of the tackle and is tough to stop. Size, LB speed and excellent motor. Take.

Agree he's a "take".
One thing that troubles me is his playing in 5 games in each of his two seasons.
Injury prone? Doesn't like bus rides?

Agree he's a "take".
One thing that troubles me is his playing in 5 games in each of his two seasons.
I was curious about that too...

View attachment 235841Interesting prospect. In 2023 he was the #3 overall JUCO prospect at Rivals.

Then in 2024 he pops up again at Rivals as the #13 overall JUCO prospect.

Looks like he signed with Northeastern State, Division 2 school in Oklahoma in 2020. So definitely a late bloomer.

Really like his film but JUCO’s are always a bit of a crap shoot even when they are high performers because of the level of comp. And often even some of our best JUCO’s took a year to really acclimate to the change in comp/systems.
Reed was a JUCO and worked out pretty well (might be the exception). Hopefully this cat's skills translate sooner rather than later.

Agree he's a "take".
Some JUCOs rotate to make sure players can get enough tape for schools to recruit them. These kids also probably want to stay healthy. I'm not too worried about the playing time without knowing the context.

Reed was a JUCO and worked out pretty well (might be the exception). Hopefully this cat's skills translate sooner rather than later.
I think for a 2 year player Guthrie is like the role model for a really succesful JUCO. Rotational contributor his JR then 2nd team all ACC starter his senior year. If you get more than that out of a 2 year JUCO you really hit a home run.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom