Class of 2016 - JUCO OT Malcolm Pridgeon (NY) Offered | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 JUCO OT Malcolm Pridgeon (NY) Offered

According to . . . . . we are in really good shape, Cuse has been his dream school since 7th grade. He seems really down to earth and humble so like Robert I don't think the big name schools mean much to him unless they are a perfect fit. Ours to lose.

He must subscribe to the Doug Marrone theory of "Dream School"

This makes me sick. We should own NCC. They wear our colors for god's sake! One of their coaches went to SU! Come to think of it, we have not had much luck with any kid who has coaching ties to SU (I am sure there are some, but Madei didn't help with Brown, Anderson didn't help us here, I think there's one in the DMV area that hasn't produced for us, the kid from Union City has a Syracuse coach and flipped to PSU. I wonder why this is happening. I hope we get that righted soon. We've made great progress and I am hoping we are not slipping back. I know the 3-9 will affect this, but I would hope some former players for guidance might sway a few of these kids.

Apparently we haven't been recruiting him particularly hard, which if true, kinda irritates me unless there are any academic issues or something we don't know about.

Still wanted to land him. Can't teach that much size, particularly when there's some athleticism with it.

Wow. That's tough. One of top JC OT's in our backyard and we weren't recruiting him? Who the hell are we recruiting then?

Wow. That's tough. One of top JC OT's in our backyard and we weren't recruiting him? Who the hell are we recruiting then?

Yeah..unless there's something behind the scenes we all don't know about, I'm surprised on this one that we weren't at least recruiting him hard. We need quality depth on the O line and depth that's ready to play now, and he seemed to fit the bill.

We sound like Rutgers saying that we weren't recruiting him hard.

Totally agree. I'd rather not say anything then use the "not recruiting him hard"...or wait is it he's not going to qualify? You get beat, you get beat. I don't care for the excuses. Just like we cooled on Brown, or like someone just as much, or even better.

Totally agree. I'd rather not say anything then use the "not recruiting him hard"...or wait is it he's not going to qualify? You get beat, you get beat. I don't care for the excuses. Just like we cooled on Brown, or like someone just as much, or even better.

Do you have information contrary to what Jarhead posted?

Do you have information contrary to what Jarhead posted?

I do not. But if Jim's post is based off of the info that was given at tos then I would be highly questionable of it.

I do not. But if Jim's post is based off of the info that was given at tos then I would be highly questionable of it.

Well I know Mike M. at Skout confirmed the same thing when I asked him. That's why I'm asking.

Well I know Mike M. at Skout confirmed the same thing when I asked him. That's why I'm asking.

I'm just not totally buying the academics thing. It's his 1st year of Junior College. He is just half way through, just how deep in the hole can he be? We were able to pull off some minor miracles with some of the guys we got eligible the past 2 years. I just can't imagine he could have dug himself that deep a hole after 1 season.

I'm just not totally buying the academics thing. It's his 1st year of Junior College. He is just half way through, just how deep in the hole can he be? We were able to pull off some minor miracles with some of the guys we got eligible the past 2 years. I just can't imagine he could have dug himself that deep a hole after 1 season.

Well we know he was a non-qualifier out of high school, and that he couldn't get the test scores to qualify. So it's not beyond the realm of possibility that academics are still a problem.

Apparently there was a misunderstanding and this kid actually didnt commit. HC says hes taking all of his visits. The RU ri*als board is reporting it and nj.com took down all their links/stories

Well that's interesting. And makes sense, because the last Skowt article on him he indicated that he was nowhere near ready to make a decision.

Well that's interesting. And makes sense, because the last Skowt article on him he indicated that he was nowhere near ready to make a decision.

Or he wanted to commit but as some have posted there are academic issues and he was told no.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom