Class of 2016 - JUCO OT Malcolm Pridgeon (NY) Offered | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 JUCO OT Malcolm Pridgeon (NY) Offered

Apparently there was a misunderstanding and this kid actually didnt commit. HC says hes taking all of his visits. The RU ri*als board is reporting it and nj.com took down all their links/stories
Well what normally happens when a player that Rutgers recruits, decides to take his visits is, Flood pulls the offer.

Weird that Flood would acknowledge it and keep the tweet up.

Weird that Flood would acknowledge it and keep the tweet up.

The kid was on the visit by himself, got caught up in the moment and committed. He got home spoke to family, HC, and they talked some sense into him, and told him it would be better to pump the brakes a little and check out all options.

Family and chop are some dumb ass things
Couldn't agree more What does Chop have to do with Knights ??

I would hate to be a school that stole FSU & the Atkanta Braves schtick

Couldn't agree more What does Chop have to do with Knights ??

I would hate to be a school that stole FSU & the Atkanta Braves schtick
Schiano started as a movtiving thing "keep chopping wood".

Anyone have any information on Pridgeon? Are we actively recruiting him? With both of our OT commits looking more like developmental guys, it sure would be nice to get someone who is ready to come in and compete right away for a starting job. I know Shafer is pretty much against recruiting JUCO's, but if he was willing to take that LB late last cycle, I don't know what the problem with Pridgeon would be? I mean he did basically say SU was his dream school, so you would think there is at least some interest where we can get a visit?

I agree Anomander. We need guys who are ACC ready. and since you mention the LB being signed late to the 2015 class, it makes me wonder if they knew about Moskal back then. Was Taylor meant to replace him?

anomander said:
Anyone have any information on Pridgeon? Are we actively recruiting him? With both of our OT commits looking more like developmental guys, it sure would be nice to get someone who is ready to come in and compete right away for a starting job. I know Shafer is pretty much against recruiting JUCO's, but if he was willing to take that LB late last cycle, I don't know what the problem with Pridgeon would be? I mean he did basically say SU was his dream school, so you would think there is at least some interest where we can get a visit?

Think somebody said his academics were crazy? I dunno.

Rutgers commit

Rutgers commit

He rushed the commit, and backed off it the following day.

I agree Anomander. We need guys who are ACC ready. and since you mention the LB being signed late to the 2015 class, it makes me wonder if they knew about Moskal back then. Was Taylor meant to replace him?

I'm going to say we didn't know about it. We were pretty thin at LB even with Moskal.

#TheBirthplace is such an joke. I mean, really?? It's like when you wanted to smack your little brother for saying something completely moronic that he thought was "cool".

#TheTireFire seems more in line with reality for the Rutgers program. They had 1 kinda good season since the Civil War. Sweet.

CJt606fVAAAjKnk.jpg:large

Really wish we made a play for this kid. I can't even guess who our OT's will be next year. He would almost certainly be a plug and play.

Yeah can u imagine Pidgeon at Left tackle, a more polished Mcgloster at Rt. 6'7 guys that can move. guards with Palmer and Roberts. Can potentially be a great line.

Maybe we haven't backed off entirely? Perhaps the staff wants to see his Fall 2015 NCC transcript. Pridgeon supposedly wants to play close to home. I have to think that means he prefers either Rutgers or us. Just needs to make the grades probably. Another question though is even if he makes the grades, will we have room for him?

Cheers,
Neil

Problem is- we have 3 OL commits. That means we have 17 schools OL for 2016. Don't need 18.

I know he took a visit to Florida on the 11th, but didn't verbal, at least not yet. 247's crystal ball says 33% 'gurls, 33% Baylor, 33% other. At one time he was looking for something close to home, but after pulling his verbal said he was wide open. That leads me to believe that he never considered SU. Now, given the fact he is drawn to Baylor, and we are going to be Baylor NE, I'm hoping he might reconsider the 'Cuse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom