Class of 2017 - JUCO QB Clayton Welch (CA) PWO Committed and Signed with Syracuse | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 JUCO QB Clayton Welch (CA) PWO Committed and Signed with Syracuse

I think It would be much better if you would not tell fans of many decades what, where, and how to post.

"you would probably be happier" isn't telling you where to post. You've decided to be confrontational and sensitive when all she was doing was pointing out that what apparently interests YOU might be a better fit for you in the other forum. Not to mention it's a message board. Most of us have been fans for many decades, so you're not really playing some sort of mythical "trump card" by claiming you somehow have more experience and time in than we do.

It was friendly advice from a nice poster/moderator. Many of us disagree on many points, but if you are looking to pick fights you came to the wrong place.

I personally don't get caught up in the personal lives of our players. I want players to add victories to the win column and not take scout reps for our first team. Anyone can do that.
I guess I don't understand your post then... Nothing about personal lives, on the contrary, more about fitting the adding victories part. Better walk-ons will create better competition. Pretty sure this kid is above and beyond your typical walk on.

I guess Tim Green's son had better potential. If not, then we're moving in the right direction.

I'm pretty sure your viewpoint is much less about proving that point than being contrarian though. Enjoy that salt with your salt.

And I think you should learn how to survive around here by being civil. We can disagree without being disagreeable.
Huh? I'm being very civil. They told me where to post which was condescending. My post was very appropriate for this forum.

"you would probably be happier" isn't telling you where to post. You've decided to be confrontational and sensitive when all she was doing was pointing out that what apparently interests YOU might be a better fit for you in the other forum. Not to mention it's a message board. Most of us have been fans for many decades, so you're not really playing some sort of mythical "trump card" by claiming you somehow have more experience and time in than we do.

It was friendly advice from a nice poster/moderator. Many of us disagree on many points, but if you are looking to pick fights you came to the wrong place.
I was disagreeing with someone, not picking a fight. I'm quite happy posting recruiting analysis in the recruiting forum. I think you'd be happier posting elsewhere is not a kind, sweet post. I'll leave you all to your safe space.

I guess I don't understand your post then... Nothing about personal lives, on the contrary, more about fitting the adding victories part. Better walk-ons will create better competition. Pretty sure this kid is above and beyond your typical walk on.

I guess Tim Green's son had better potential. If not, then we're moving in the right direction.

I'm pretty sure your viewpoint is much less about proving that point than being contrarian though. Enjoy that salt with your salt.
I'm not interested in being a contrarian in and of itself. I'd like to point out a contrarian view to most posters that every recruit is going to move the needle talent wise to improve our record. No I do not believe that every recruit is a solid win in that direction. I would love to see more contrarian views on this website.

I think you forgot about Rex Culpepper. I agree it's win/win for the kid and the school, but there is a highly-touted red shirt freshman quarterback that's ahead of him. Also, I would be shocked if Mahoney remains the backup after the summer.

So, you think ZM gets run over on the depth chart? Its an interesting conversation. He has done so much after starting out as a walk on. I have always been routing for him since i sat next to his mom at his first spring game and learning about him. His mom took a train to cuse from Indiana, lovely lady (and attractive and smart). He worked his butt off and had the moxy and fearless attitude to overcome his lack of arm talent. Always route for the kid. Yes, RC and TD will press him, might be RC!

And overall, love Welch as a qb recruit. The kid has a raw arm, good wheels and will add depth while it sounds like, being a phenomenal teammate. And yes, who knows, he could be transitioned into a TE at some point with 4 to play 3. Its a nice situation.

relax it all plays out in 5 weeks ... my race car is ready ... never lost a race yet Popcorn
I love your enthusiasm and confidence and hope that your son does very well at SU, but I also know coaches always have a game plan. And you are right everyone needs to relax and see how things work out. There may be some surprises.

From what I can recall as a fan of decades myself, Sudano has never brought anything but negativity to the forum.

He can post where he likes, but I'd say syracuse.com might be his sweet spot.
Just because I posted that I don't think his level of walk on talent will appreciably increase the talent enough to increase wins I'm being too negative. When did this board become so pollyannaish?

QB from Butte College... I heard a story about a QB that went to Butte College, because he was only offered a walk-on spot at a D1A program. The next year, he moved on to a D1A school. He plays for the Green Bay Packers right now.

Lightning in a bottle x2?!

Just because I posted that I don't think his level of walk on talent will appreciably increase the talent enough to increase wins I'm being too negative. When did this board become so pollyannaish?

Perhaps you've had some constructive posts in the past. I just don't remember them.

Perhaps you've had some constructive posts in the past. I just don't remember them.
That's fine. My goal isn't for individual posters to like or not like me, so I'm sticking to the play on the field.

Clayton, Welcome to the Syracuse Football family. Go Orange!

Clayton WelchBCLaneyFootDR124 copy-S.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom