Class of 2023 - JUCO RB Deston Hawkins (CA) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (5/23/23) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 JUCO RB Deston Hawkins (CA) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (5/23/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ox has the roster at 83. Looks right to me.
He's looking at this thread.

He's looking at this thread.

Hey you!
Don't watch that...
Watch this

Ox has the roster at 83. Looks right to me.
It does, after subtracting Hanna, Barclay, Red and Nunn from the list I was looking at.
download.jpg

Last edited:
Good pickup. I wasn’t as worried about RB as some were but I can also see why there was concern. Adds something different to the group IMO or potentially runs bigger/harder than the guys we currently have. I like a bruiser style RB, so important in close games when you get to the end of the 3rd Q and into the 4th.

We haven't had a "Hawk" since Andre Hawkins of early 80s hoops, a bruiser big man! Looking forward to this "Hawk" bruiser toting the rock!

Last edited:
He looks like Gayle Sayers in video, hard to judge his speed or power against JUCO D but adds good depth and hopefully more

I’d argue JUCO D is a better gauge than some of the HS competition I’ve watched players “showcasing” their talents against.
Most JuCo D’s would destroy any high school O. I guess some elite HS teams could beat crappy jucos but junior college players are 2-3 years older, stronger and more experienced than varsity kids

But I’m pumped to land this kid! Seems like we found a gem

Last edited:
Most JuCo D’s would destroy any high school O. I guess some elite HS teams could beat crappy jucos but junior college players are 2-3 years older, stronger and more texperienced than varsity kids

But I’m pumped to land this kid! Seems like we found a gem
No comparison between a good juco and HS team. Every Juco kid was a baller, star in HS.
A HS team might have 6 7 kids that can play in college.

Nobody is concerned we are dredging the California JC ranks for players with no other offers in late May? i would have to think there are portal players with real experience because we very well may need it at RB if anything were to happen to Allen.
Hopefully this class exceeds what it currently looks like on paper.

Nobody is concerned we are dredging the California JC ranks for players with no other offers in late May? i would have to think there are portal players with real experience because we very well may need it at RB if anything were to happen to Allen.

Anomander, I think you're a phenomenal poster, as you know. But I think you were 100% wrong about this recruiting class. And I'm happy to debate it line by line, looking at the players we've brought in.

That has nothing to do with your point about this particular running back.

Otherwise, your take is off-target.

And please don't misinterpret that to imply that every single player is going to pan out with wild success... but in the main, this was a quality group. And not the debacle you're making it out to be.

And again, happy to break it down for each player. I understand some of the skepticism around a few of the late signees, I just happened to think the majority of it is off target. Especially for guys like Gordon, etc that aren't regarded with any esteem by a segment of our fan base.

Edit -- Anomander, made an edit to the above. Wrote it when I was a few adult beverages in, and didn't want to say that your opinion was "FOS" -- that wasn't what I was implying about your takes, nor how I describe your otherwise level headed approach to posting. You and I often agree about stuff. So I made the edit to be more in line with the rest of the post.

Last edited:
Why the concern? He's a depth RB for the upcoming season. He's not a 2024 commit. They really like Allen and they have two freshman's waiting behind him. Hawkins has 4 offers after dominating 1 year of juco ball. Has 3 years to play. I'm just giving you info. I'm not saying he's the next Jim Brown

I think the NIL era has completely destroyed any positive vibes you ever had in your body about our program and that makes me sad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom