Class of 2023 - JUCO RB Deston Hawkins (CA) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (5/23/23) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 JUCO RB Deston Hawkins (CA) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (5/23/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Offers from UTEP, NAU, Idaho, Syracuse
His tape is impressive. Nice vision and cutting ability. Has a nose for the end zone.

Looks like he went to HS in Menlo Park and was class of 2019. Dino has had big backs in the past. Looks like he wants to add one for 2023. Based on the offers he has, we have to have a good chance here.

How many years to play how many years?

Orange is his Destony.
Density.gif

His tape is impressive. Nice vision and cutting ability. Has a nose for the end zone.

Looks like he went to HS in Menlo Park and was class of 2019. Dino has had big backs in the past. Looks like he wants to add one for 2023. Based on the offers he has, we have to have a good chance here.
You beat me to it, first thing I saw on his Hudl was his vision being terrific

Here is our current running back situation:

20LeQuint AllenRB6' 0''195So.
21Muwaffaq ParkmanRB5' 11''175Fr.
23Ike DanielsRB5' 11''180Fr.
25Joshua EscobarRB5' 8''170R-Fr.
28Juwaun PriceRB5' 10''202R-Jr.
33Mario EscobarRB5' 9''188R-So.

The Two Escobars are walk-ons, leaving four scholarship running backs. Which is way too low, IMO.

Allen showed flashes of brilliance last season and in the bowl game, and I know Daniels was highly recruited. But we are light if Allen goes down. Not sure Price has shown what the staff thought he might as a transfer -- though I'm not writing him off.

Adding someone of quality makes some sense here.

wouldn’t mind another RB option. Man I really dislike sped up highlight films.

I think Price’s most valuable role at this level is returning kicks next to/behind Peña

We needed another guy who had a little more size. Allen is going to be great for us but he needs another year in the gym to gain some mass to take the hits. This guy can help split the touches to keep Allen fresh and hopefully can handle pass protection needs when required on certain plays.

First glance at this photo I thought we were recruiting a one armed back. I mean, I’m all about diversity but I thought that was going a bit too far.

I'm still looking for the other arm. Seriously. Where is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom