Judah and the next level | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Judah and the next level

I have no relationship w/ Judah, but I think he gets way more negativity than he deserves. Is he the perfect player? No. But he played hard for us, generally stayed out of trouble (sans slapping incident), and was respectful of his teammates and the media.

Everyone could see his in-game flaws. But, I think he only knows how to play one way. I don't think he was holding back another gear. He is not a great outside shooter and his passing is not instinctual. However, he can drive to the basket and score with the best. So, that's what he did.

It seems clear now (going undrafted) that he probably should have taken the time to work on his weaknesses instead of defaulting to his strengths. It was a mistake. He is a young man and making mistakes is what young men do (my younger self included).

Wishing the best for Judah in the future.

While I understand some of the frustrations expressed with Judah I cannot fathom anybody taking pleasure in him not getting drafted. Any Syracuse player getting into the NBA is good for the program.
I do wonder what the need was to release a puzzling documentary right before the draft. They Mike Waters nonsense also likely didn’t help. NBA teams drafting in the second round want guys who are all in on basketball and don’t like distractions.
When I was at Syracuse, I went to a book signing with Dick Vitale and Sonny Vaccaro. Vaccaro told me that the guys who get drafted late are often drafted for as much as their personality and their dedication to the game as they are for potential talent. Teams want guys they know will show up on time for practice ready to go regardless of how much Game time they get.

When you said respectful to media, does that include or ignore him publicly going after Mike Waters?

He was a pure douche here.
That was a mistake. He is imperfect, as most men his age are. As we all are at any age.

Watch him mature and become a great ambassador for the program in years to come. That's one of the joys of following Cuse basketball.

That was a mistake. He is imperfect, as most men his age are. As we all are at any age.

Watch him mature and become a great ambassador for the program in years to come. That's one of the joys of following Cuse basketball.
He should know enough to apologize if it was just youthful, impulsive, emotional remarks though. Admitting one’s mistakes is tough but a big part of maturing. Wishing him the best for his future and that things come together for him.

Has there been any news about any team showing interest in him as a ufa?

What are his options at this point? Try to get on a summer league team to showcase himself?

Has there been any news about any team showing interest in him as a ufa?

What are his options at this point? Try to get on a summer league team to showcase himself?
Maybe he has offers but is holding off for the summer league and betting on himself again? Id assume where he was on the draft board that he would have something immediately.

Again, the tape doesn’t lie. The NBA tells you to work on things and then you don’t work on things. Then you have a poor attitude (what has been insinuated here), your options are going to close fast. Even if he signs to summer league at this point, not sure he will get much run. He will have to earn every second of playing time even in summer league.

By the way, this isn’t hating on the kid. There is a difference between hating on a kid and being truthful and honest. Too many people on this forum think that truthfulness is hating on someone. Ultimately Juda becoming something does good for Syracuse. But it’s a two way street. If he does good but badmouths Syracuse then that’s almost worse than him not succeeding at all. We need him to succeed and speak positively about the program. At this point, its hard to say if he would speak highly of the program.

At the end of the day, we are left to wonder what the results (for the program and for Judah) would have been if Judah had listened to the NBA and to AA.

On the flip side, Judah is not a PG, not JJ. He was asked to be a PG but he is a slasher who can't shot. He didn't facilitate or distribute because that's not what he is, and apparently don't want to be.

While I understand some of the frustrations expressed with Judah I cannot fathom anybody taking pleasure in him not getting drafted. Any Syracuse player getting into the NBA is good for the program.
I do wonder what the need was to release a puzzling documentary right before the draft. They Mike Waters nonsense also likely didn’t help. NBA teams drafting in the second round want guys who are all in on basketball and don’t like distractions.
When I was at Syracuse, I went to a book signing with Dick Vitale and Sonny Vaccaro. Vaccaro told me that the guys who get drafted late are often drafted for as much as their personality and their dedication to the game as they are for potential talent. Teams want guys they know will show up on time for practice ready to go regardless of how much Game time they get.
Teams are absolutely looking into ‘personal/personality matters.’ There was discussion about why Filipowski dropped and some of it concerned that his girlfriend was six years older, and his family doesn’t speak to each other… or somesuch. Not basketball related. But a pick is a significant investment. With Judah, there have been a few red/reddish/pink flags, and that coupled with his non-NBA game made him less attractive than the illusion of his college PPG and ‘SU star’ status.

Teams are absolutely looking into ‘personal/personality matters.’ There was discussion about why Filipowski dropped and some of it concerned that his girlfriend was six years older, and his family doesn’t speak to each other… or somesuch. Not basketball related. But a pick is a significant investment. With Judah, there have been a few red/reddish/pink flags, and that coupled with his non-NBA game made him less attractive than the illusion of his college PPG and ‘SU star’ status.
One of the ESPN analysts said that the word is he did not interview well with teams. I assume this to mean his responses to questions was not satisfactory. I just recently learned that for 2 years he's been seriously involved with a woman who is now 26 (Kyle is now 20 years old).

To be blackballed you have to be good enough to be there first.

Yeah. Judah has talent, but he was never good enough to be an nba talent or at least good enough to be a lock to get picked.

Which, I say that as someone who thought he would come back a changed guard and work his way into the first round.

But it became apparent that was never going to happen pretty early this season.

He’ll get paid to play somewhere.

This is among one of the strangest sports things I've ever heard of. Strap in and read on...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxda130

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom