Judah and the next level | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Judah and the next level

No I’m just not happy to see Mintz getting more straight up hatred than any player I can remember. He could have portaled elsewhere but didn’t.
I agree he could have gone into the portal but he didn't - in my opinion - because he knew he would never get the free leash he played with here. He had a great avenue to showcase his skills for what I think was most important to him - the name on the back of the jersey.

No I’m just not happy to see Mintz getting more straight up hatred than any player I can remember. He could have portaled elsewhere but didn’t.
Returning to Syracuse killed his stock he made a bad decision not transferring last summer. Cuse cheap'd out and let his proven Senior center leave and he meshed less with JJ than he did with Girard.

He is still in line to get a 2 way deal. With how bad a draft this is he could have played his way into a top 10 pick if he chose a different team to play for last year.
It's of course not going to be a popular opinion on here, but you're 100% right. Returning here was nowhere close to the best situation for HIS future. He could've easily gone to a contender that had legit spacing and better shown his skills as a distributor and slasher. His defense probably would have been more consistent as well because he wouldn't have been thrust into a role of having to carry an entire offense like he did here. Although that was probably what was appealing to him. I've definitely given him crap but in hindsight I think it's ok to admit that we should be somewhat grateful for him showing loyalty to us especially given the current climate in CBB.

Justin Edwards made some bad decisions.

Edit: Just saw he signed two way deal with Philly already. Well, still a tough spot to stick
Justin was a Team Final kid who should’ve come to the Cuse.

If drafted, would have had more 3 ways.
Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

He still would have been undersized and not a good shooter who played suspect defense. He had a lot of good qualities and was a good player for us, but that doesn’t make him something he isn’t.
He will earn a living playing basketball, but I don’t know that he will ever spend much time on an NBA roster. I hope to be proven wrong.

He still would have been undersized and not a good shooter who played suspect defense. He had a lot of good qualities and was a good player for us, but that doesn’t make him something he isn’t.
He will earn a living playing basketball, but I don’t know that he will ever spend much time on an NBA roster. I hope to be proven wrong.
He had no NBA level specific skill that would ever get him a rotation spot on an NBA team. Is what it is. You can't picture him running the point on a 2nd unit as a facilitator or as a shooter so what would he be? That's the question that he doesn't have an answer for and likely wouldn't be able to a year ago, a year from now or at any point.

Returning to Syracuse killed his stock he made a bad decision not transferring last summer. Cuse cheap'd out and let his proven Senior center leave and he meshed less with JJ than he did with Girard.

He is still in line to get a 2 way deal. With how bad a draft this is he could have played his way into a top 10 pick if he chose a different team to play for last year.
so wait...you think the 6'3" guard who weighs 130 pounds and can't shoot, would have been a top 10 pick if he was on a different team? 4 guards went in the top 10. PLEASE tell me which guys he would have been picked over in the top 10. Furthermore, he wasn't even impressive enough to go to the combine after the G League combine. Scouts for NBA teams saw him play and were like...nah, he's not good enough. And he was going to somehow play for a different team this year and be a completely different player? This is one of the more delusional takes I've ever seen on here, and that's saying something.

Too bad Bronny took Judah's spot for the dude that should not have been drafted
Was going to say the same thing.
This isn’t an NFL 7th (or the old MLB 62nd) round flier.
This is a second round on LA.

He may need to develop more, if not, he can play all over the world. Many teams would be happy to add Judah. If he keeps playing he will get better.

He may need to develop more, if not, he can play all over the world. Many teams would be happy to add Judah. If he keeps playing he will get better.
When he's playing for job security/livelihood and not to try to impress, hopefully, he'll be more likely to accept coaching and learn how to utilize his physical tools.

He had no NBA level specific skill that would ever get him a rotation spot on an NBA team. Is what it is. You can't picture him running the point on a 2nd unit as a facilitator or as a shooter so what would he be? That's the question that he doesn't have an answer for and likely wouldn't be able to a year ago, a year from now or at any point.
Exactly. I've said before that his best shot at the NBA was to come back last year as a facilitator. Scouts want to see him making the right/smart team plays. It doesn't matter if the guy he passes it to misses the shot, mishandles the pass or if the team loses every game, as long as the scouts see that he's running the team as a competent floor general, making the right plays and not doing the selfish hero ball thing.
It's amazing how some players can't understand their limitations, weaknesses and strengths, along with the things they can improve on to get in or fit in. With all the knock on Bronny and nepotism, at least he is not egotistical and has a good idea of his game. He mentioned a few average role players as guys he is comparable to and who he aspires to be like, whereas you have delusional players wanting to be "the guy."
Hopefully, at a minimum, Judah will land on a summer league team and see it as a last chance to do all the little things that teams are looking for from a role player (play hard defense, pass the ball and take quality shots). No team is looking for a superstar at summer league but for a guy that can fit a role and provide some help off the bench.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom