Judah looked pretty down post game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Judah looked pretty down post game

Judah just needs to find a way to nail down an outside jump shot. It is the one thing that makes the game more difficult for him. Once a defender has to guard him closely they are screwed.
He doesn’t even have to make threes. He has to consistently knock down 12-17 footers.

Through all the ups and downs this year - this kid is big time. He’s also a freshman. We need to keep him here longer. He explodes on the national scene and with a reasonably solid supporting cast, I think he takes us far if he’s here as a soph or junior.

Through all the ups and downs this year - this kid is big time. He’s also a freshman. We need to keep him here longer. He explodes on the national scene and with a reasonably solid supporting cast, I think he takes us far if he’s here as a soph or junior.
Gotta have Jesse, a more important piece of the puzzle.

Gotta have Jesse, a more important piece of the puzzle.
I want both, but if I was forced to pick….I think I’m going Judah.

Higher upside, and he’s got the ball every play.

Also, ZERO reason we can’t nab a 23 year old 6’9 guy from a scrub school that can give us 10 and 7 at center next year. Every team seems to have one.

I want both, but if I was forced to pick….I think I’m going Judah.

Higher upside, and he’s got the ball every play.

Also, ZERO reason we can’t nab a 23 year old 6’9 guy from a scrub school that can give us 10 and 7 at center next year. Every team seems to have one.
Good on both counts, perhaps the best tandem in the country Potentially

Not sure- that said some of those of recent have been close. He puts pressure on defenders I honestly don't mind it. The next step though is to get them backpedaling on the break and hitting the brakes and dropping a soft pull up J.
Totally agree with you, but that’s just not how the game is taught anymore. It’s gross. High school and AAU coaches want the guard to seek the contact and hope the whistle goes their way.

Last edited:
Totally agree with, but that’s just not how the game is taught anymore. It’s gross. High school and AAU coaches want the guard to seek the contact and hope the whistle goes their way.

Yep.. very frustrating. In 10-15 years there will be very few if any left who even value playing the game the way we were raised to.

Totally agree with you, but that’s just not how the game is taught anymore. It’s gross. High school and AAU coaches want the guard to seek the contact and hope the whistle goes their way.
players are hacking the game too much. i think you just have to gives ref a ton of discretion, kinda like when he called the charge on mintz a few weeks ago. everyone was looking letter of the law and i think that ref was just like i'm not giving you it and i prefer the ref just saying hell no

don't get me started on the gather step - waiting until guys grab the ball with two hands or get one hand completely under it means that players with more than enough but not quite full control of the ball can take as many steps as they want

players are hacking the game too much. i think you just have to gives ref a ton of discretion, kinda like when he called the charge on mintz a few weeks ago. everyone was looking letter of the law and i think that ref was just like i'm not giving you it and i prefer the ref just saying hell no

don't get me started on the gather step - waiting until guys grab the ball with two hands or get one hand completely under it means that players with more than enough but not quite full control of the ball can take as many steps as they want
Yeah, I‘m all in on giving the refs discretion when you’ve got an offensive player initiating contact, whether it’s with one or three defenders.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom