Judah Mintz: 76ers | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz: 76ers

He looked good out there and was moving the ball really well like a point guard. Defensively he was pretty good. Hope he will be consistently good throughout summer league and be offered a 2 way contract.

That will be the whole thing. If he can consistently commit to playing sound defense and the pg position. A part of me things he thought he was too good for the college game at times and for SU and played like it with just too much arrogance and a lack of respect for those around him. Now maybe with no way to be so assuming when it comes to his talent it humbles him a bit to be the player and man he could have been his second year here.

He looked good out there and was moving the ball really well like a point guard. Defensively he was pretty good. Hope he will be consistently good throughout summer league and be offered a 2 way contract.

Getting only 16 minutes in game 1, indicates that the Sixers didn't view him as a strong candidate for their 2-way contract entering summer league.

But perhaps he opened some eyes in game 1 with his solid play -- an increase in minutes (or no increase) in game 2 and game 3 will be telling on how the Sixers view him.

And I think his D actually might be good if he puts the effort in
He still almost never puts up any fight to work over a screen though.

Judah was 34th in the whole nation for steals per game last season. Only had 4 less on the year than Maliq. His defense was solid for us last year. Would always take the tougher guard matchup, and that was while being asked to do a heck of a lot on the offensive end as well.

16 minutes and didn't get to the line. maybe he's adjusting his game.
box says judah plus 7 . buddy minus 6.

Judah was 34th in the whole nation for steals per game last season. Only had 4 less on the year than Maliq. His defense was solid for us last year. Would always take the tougher guard matchup, and that was while being asked to do a heck of a lot on the offensive end as well.

His steals were a bit of a mirage though to how poor he could be at times and his tendency to gamble and force the rest of the team to try and play 4 on 5. His DBPR was behind Maliq, Taylor , Benny and Quadir. It was modest at best in terms of his overall D ratings and middle of the pack on a below average defensive team.

That said when he locked in his D was very good it’s just that happened too infrequently

He still almost never puts up any fight to work over a screen though.
This. So often yesterday, he didn’t get through or around a screen and he just switched assignments with the other guard. Made it look like a zone up top.

But, he did d-up on one possession, got a deflection which the Duke guard dove for, tipped back to him for a breakaway dunk. Judah had another ‘interception’ steal, too, I think. His d wasn’t bad. He looks stronger in his base, and didn’t play with a lot of flash. He stayed on his feet all game!

He didn’t look like he didn’t belong, but at the same time, he didn’t look at all like a guy who is going to move up from this level. The other guards are just bigger, stronger, and have jump shots.

He was fine - think the kid from Duke who they drafted is a lot better but I think he has a chance for a 2-way.

I never realized summer league teams carried so many guys - 3 or 4 guys on OKC stood the whole game.

Getting only 16 minutes in game 1, indicates that the Sixers didn't view him as a strong candidate for their 2-way contract entering summer league.

But perhaps he opened some eyes in game 1 with his solid play -- an increase in minutes (or no increase) in game 2 and game 3 will be telling on how the Sixers view him.
They drafted at 16 Duke's point guard who naturally would get more minutes as the top pick. But yes, increase in minutes will be telling. Most importantly, solid play regardless of minutes could help him to get picked up by other teams if the Sixers don't work out.

And I think his D actually might be good if he puts the effort in
200.gif

Not that far from a Tony Snell stat line.

Just a joke, don't mean to hate on the kid in anyway.

I have no visbility in to what NBA teams are thinking, so I may be fully wrong, but at this point a two way contract is probably out of reach for him.

He will probably have to develop and work his way up through the G-League (under contract with a G-League team) -- and most teams develop you far better now than before, even if you are not directly under contract with the NBA parent team. Or international of course.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom