Judah Mintz: 76ers | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz: 76ers

I'm happy for Judah's early success, but has anyone ever told you that you have a habit of making declarations based off incredibly small sample sizes? Because you do.
I saw Judah in HS and two years at SU. How much of a sample size do you need?

I saw Judah in HS and two years at SU. How much of a sample size do you need?
You may be right and I hope you are, but I'm not quite there as far as his NBA prospects after a few summer league games. I don't give out those "lifetime contracts" quite as quickly as you do :)

You may be right and I hope you are, but I'm not quite there as far as his NBA prospects after a few summer league games. I don't give out those "lifetime contracts" quite as quickly as you do :)

Not sure how anyone could have watched Judah at Syracuse over the course of both years and thought he was definitely going to make the nba, all due respect.

After the first year here, I thought he’d get his stuff focused and get drafted… but last year was not great.

Hope he ends up sticking bc he has real talent, but he’s got a hill to climb still.

And the last thing I’d say is that he’s not fighting to be a starting PG. He’s not fighting for backup PG. He’s fighting for potentially a 5-8 min role in spot circumstances and you have to do all the little things to fill that role.

who knows. I just think that he has everything needed to play in the league other than a solid shot. I hope that he makes it if not he will do well off shore

And if you think he is an NBA players your opinion can't be taken seriously.

This was the worst draft in history and nobody wants him out of summer league. What are you seeing that every basketball mind isn't?
Great handle, Can get to the rim against pretty much anyone, very good defender, Solid rebounder as a pg and good distributor. All he needs is a shot

Well I mean Braden Davis is going to be our starting QB this year...so I think kcsu is on to something :)

Hope he takes to coaching and criticism a little bit better than he did at SU.

Rooting for him. But the shot is broken. Needs to be willing to work on revamping it entirely. As a guard, if your shot is that broken, you better be Russell Westbrook. He isn't that, unfortunately.
Steph Curry changed his shot over the course of a year, I think. I don’t remember if it was during his latter HS years or early college. His dad pushed him to do it and stayed on him during that time to make sure he stuck with it. Steph said in an interview that it was one of the toughest, most frustrating times in his development because he had to reinvent his game. A year later he was on his way and a much more confident player.

Judah can do it, but he needs to find the right coach and commit himself to the transformation. Bad habits are hard to break, I know. I had my son going to shooting coaches during his middle school AAU years to get the hitch out of his release. He looked great in the practice sessions but went back to bad habits when he played at the Y with his friends. It was like starting all over again every session.

Steph Curry changed his shot over the course of a year, I think. I don’t remember if it was during his latter HS years or early college. His dad pushed him to do it and stayed on him during that time to make sure he stuck with it. Steph said in an interview that it was one of the toughest, most frustrating times in his development because he had to reinvent his game. A year later he was on his way and a much more confident player.

Judah can do it, but he needs to find the right coach and commit himself to the transformation. Bad habits are hard to break, I know. I had my son going to shooting coaches during his middle school AAU years to get the hitch out of his release. He looked great in the practice sessions but went back to bad habits when he played at the Y with his friends. It was like starting all over again every session.
As a guy who I've seen nothing to show he is willing to learn I can't imagine him having a fraction of the drive that one of the best players of all time had.

Judah’s Summer League numbers…
Rally hope Judah succeeds but a lot of that video was what we saw here - ISO ball and taking his man 1 on 1 for mid range jumpers. I really think he has to take his play making (or 3pt shooting) to another level to stick in the league

Dowtin getting that spot over Judah is a bad look for Judah. Is it the willingness to be coached stuff still holding him back is what I wonder. Dowtin is 27 and has been around longer so not like it’s buying into potential.

As a guy who I've seen nothing to show he is willing to learn I can't imagine him having a fraction of the drive that one of the best players of all time had.
You’re right, and even Steph said that it was his dad that kept him fighting through that year. Not many kids have a Dell Curry to lean on.

Rally hope Judah succeeds but a lot of that video was what we saw here - ISO ball and taking his man 1 on 1 for mid range jumpers. I really think he has to take his play making (or 3pt shooting) to another level to stick in the league
I don’t think that video was representative of how he played. He had some really nice passes and setups, didn’t force shots very much, played under control, got contact on drives without flailing and falling. He looked pretty good and worked within the scheme and flow of the games. If anything, I might have wanted him to be more assertive. Looked to me like he learned quite a bit and matured as a player. I agree, though, that he needs a three ball to make the next jump. I kinda hope he comes back next year to try again, and doesn’t just go overseas never to be seen (by us) again.

Great handle, Can get to the rim against pretty much anyone, very good defender, Solid rebounder as a pg and good distributor. All he needs is a shot
Orange glasses take, which I tend to have as well. If all he needed was a shot, the League would take him.

But he’s short, scrawny. Not Morant athleticism. Can get to the rim but doesn’t impact his will versus maybe draw a call, but that’s not frequent in the NBA.

MCW didn’t have a shot but he had 6’6”.

Judah’s path is to start the professional clock and (hopefully) grow and become a late blooming Isiah Thomas (the Celtic, not Piston) type.

I say this as someone with kids who bought his jersey for me for last year’s birthday. We have had such talent dearth, he was easy to root for because of his ranking, his will and some performances. I really hope he succeeds, but realistically, he’s not NBA caliber yet.

Orange glasses take, which I tend to have as well. If all he needed was a shot, the League would take him.

But he’s short, scrawny. Not Morant athleticism. Can get to the rim but doesn’t impact his will versus maybe draw a call, but that’s not frequent in the NBA.

MCW didn’t have a shot but he had 6’6”.

Judah’s path is to start the professional clock and (hopefully) grow and become a late blooming Isiah Thomas (the Celtic, not Piston) type.

I say this as someone with kids who bought his jersey for me for last year’s birthday. We have had such talent dearth, he was easy to root for because of his ranking, his will and some performances. I really hope he succeeds, but realistically, he’s not NBA caliber yet.

This, imo, is accurate.

i think he’ll hang around the g-league before bouncing over to Europe.

But getting paid to play ball is a heckuva accomplishment in and of itself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom