Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was always going to happen. Not really news tbh. He’s gonna get evaluated, see what the scouts say, etc…I still get a pretty good feeling he comes back for one more year

Unless there are a bunch of other guys who don't test the waters alongside.. there are at least 15 guards probably 20 ahead of him right now.

He needs to get stronger, improve his outside shooting and his decision making. Anything can happen but can't see him getting a grade higher than mid to late second right now...

As people have already said, this was beyond expected, it was a formality. As he said in his statement he’s entering while maintaining his college eligibility, it would not make any sense for him to not take advantage of this. Plenty of players have done this and returned to college.

If he does return to college, is it a college in Central NY or somewhere else?

It would've been surprising if Mintz opted not to test the waters. I think he'll ultimately come back, but I have to admit it's tough not to feel a little uneasy about Starling being the only other guard on the roster capable of playing point. I suppose that's what the portal is for, but hopefully it's a quick process for Judah either way.

When he realizes his stock is going to be second round from what he is told, he will be back… Being a second round pick right now does absolutely nothing. Next year first round and guaranteed money. No brainer and everyone is preparing as if he is coming back

When he realizes his stock is going to be second round from what he is told, he will be back… Being a second round pick right now does absolutely nothing. Next year first round and guaranteed money. No brainer and everyone is preparing as if he is coming back
Not sure if you can say but do you expect us to bring in a portal guard?

Selfishly hoping he’s told 2nd round but I can’t help but think he could go first round this year. Probably only a handful of guards this year that I would draft over him.

I do truly think this is a rare case where he could raise his draft stock by returning though.

Selfishly hoping he’s told 2nd round but I can’t help but think he could go first round this year. Probably only a handful of guards this year that I would draft over him.

I do truly think this is a rare case where he could raise his draft stock by returning though.

Interesting- was hoping you would chime in since you watch a ton of NBA...

Interesting- was hoping you would chime in since you watch a ton of NBA...
I’m simply hoping the 2023 mock drafts are accurate. I suspect he will shoot much better in workouts than his numbers showed and could impress teams and lord knows people are always looking for guys that can create their own shot and draw fouls and he does those two things as well as anyone.

But maybe teams will be skeptical due to how he shot it this year. I almost always say our guys that leave early are striking while the iron is hot. Judah is a rare exception (along with Grant in recent memory) where I truly think he can improve his stock in a significant way by returning. He’s got some special talents in there.

How neutral is the NBA pre-draft process towards actual draft value for kids? Is it a genuine best estimate or does it lean toward getting guys to enter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom