Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters | Page 63 | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
He does. He is extremely effective when he has the ball in his hands.
Yup exactly what I meant. And your point is valid. At least he showed his hands, showed he was open but there was just a perfect example where between him and another guy towards the top of the key, one should have cut to the basket.

This other squad can shoot the 3.

Outside of Bates not enough talking from Judahs team, Judah included. That leadership element could come into play returning too.

For me seeing Givony have Judah at 55 and his comments on the impact of the scrimmages- really iffy for Judah here. Outside shining in these scrimmages all around... such a tough spot to be in.
Judah is in a tough spot being projected in the last 5-8 picks. One hiccup and he could be an undrafted free agent with no guaranteed $. I hope he has some reasonable people advising him.

It really is incredible how automate these guys are when left open. Makes perfect sense it's a necessity for Judah to show in order to make the jump up the draft boards.

Bates looks like he's been on the Syracuse strength/conditioning regimen. That said, looks like he will play in the NBA, even after this odyssey.

Judah having a meh uneventful second run. Good defense. Off the ball is not a threat and the non threat from distance you can see how they play off.

Nice mid range jumper finally with ball in his hands. Hard to see this scrimmage doing much for him. Good assist numbers but others have good numbers too.

Coming back and playing with a strong stable of guards where he gets more experience playing off the ball as well as on to me offers value to expand that part of his game. Open shots to be made.

It really is incredible how automate these guys are when left open. Makes perfect sense it's a necessity for Judah to show in order to make the jump up the draft boards.

I once heard that the expectation for an nba player taking an uncontested shot in practice (just like shooting drills), that would mimic an in-game shot that they would actually take in a game, should be at 90% clip for making.

So not 90% in a scrimmage like this. Not 90% in a drill with cameras on you. But just in practice, uncontested, mimicking a shot the player would take in game.

Come on back and get that outside shot developed and get stronger. Nice showing but it's mostly against second rounders and not standing out all that much.

Something else... he got a couple assists after getting stuck in the lane kicking it out but that won't be there at the next level.

Not a good +/- today either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors