Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters | Page 109 | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup very well could be the case. And I wouldn’t put it past an agent to leverage a team to “leak that he might be their pick” to convince him to stay in the draft. Agents don’t get a pct of NIL, they do get a piece of your nba/g league deal.
Wouldn’t be the first time this has happened for sure.

I thought agents loved NIL because they get a larger piece of the deal(s) than other endorsement deals
I didn’t think they did. You may be right.

I think that our ceiling is higher with Judah and floor is higher with JQ.

I’d rather have Judah because there is a universe where he is an All-American next season but we’re a tournament team either way.

Love his highlights from season before last. (And I don't think I saw him fall down once on the drive in a 13 minute highlight tape ...)

Between him and Cuffe (and Westry and Copeland), we would be in great shape at PG.

Falling Asleep Dr Steve Brule GIF

For 109 pages I have kept quiet because like everyone else I don't really have a clue as to what Judah is going to do. But looking objectively at this here are my two cents- because that's about all it's worth when it comes to his decision.

Judah came to SU with a lot of hype. The season started slowly for him, as he learned a new system and played with players he hasn't played with before. The first half of the season was gone before you could see the team was finally getting comfortable. They won a few close games, lost a few close games. Then about 3/4 of the way through the season it was like a light-bulb clicked in his head. It was almost like a mid-range shot developed out of thin air, and shortly after he started to make a few threes as well. Suddenly he had the look of a true NBA prospect.

He did the right thing by entering his name in the draft while retaining his college eligibility. He put in the work through the combine and did whatever was asked of him. It remains unclear as to how many workouts for individual teams he had, we know of at least one. But the one team has multiple picks available to them. His metrics we average overall-he excelled in a couple areas but was average in others. The question is overall is was the last quarter of the season and his combine showing enough to convince a team to take a chance on him? His growth was nothing short of phenomenal and we have no reason to doubt that growth is over.But is it enough?

I suspect that he is being told he may be better off showcasing his growth and leadership one more year in college. He could indeed get picked very late, but with no guarantees. Or he could go undrafted and hope for a free agent contract. Unfortunately for Judah that will likely relegate him to the G-league. Although that will allow him to focus more completely on his game, it will not really allow him to be the star as he will be going up against guys with similar ability.

Or he could come back to school for another year. Here he would be the lead guard on a brand new team, the first of the Red era. This alone etches his name in history. He could easily showcase his skills and show for an entire year he can sustain the success he has built. He will continue to grow as a player, as a leader. So why hasn't he decided?

I suspect there are two dynamics at work. First is he wants the NBA. What kid who has played his short life focused on basketball doesn't? It is a dream and he is this close to fulfilling it. Second is NIL. Love it or hate it the thing is here. The longer he withheld his decision the more NIL collectives may have been able to offer him to return. After all, if he has to return to school, why not maximize what he can actually make?

I hope by the end of the day he will come back. And not just because I am a selfish fan, but because I think coming back maximizes his future potential. I think if he has been told he is a guaranteed pick he should go, but I don't think he has or he would have already announced he is staying in. I admire his confidence in himself if he decides to stay in, and I hope it works out like he hopes it will. I truly think the best thing for him would be maximizing his return for one more year. But I am not him, trying to live his dream.

Good luck Judah, whatever your decision may be.

For 109 pages I have kept quiet because like everyone else I don't really have a clue as to what Judah is going to do. But looking objectively at this here are my two cents- because that's about all it's worth when it comes to his decision.

Judah came to SU with a lot of hype. The season started slowly for him, as he learned a new system and played with players he hasn't played with before. The first half of the season was gone before you could see the team was finally getting comfortable. They won a few close games, lost a few close games. Then about 3/4 of the way through the season it was like a light-bulb clicked in his head. It was almost like a mid-range shot developed out of thin air, and shortly after he started to make a few threes as well. Suddenly he had the look of a true NBA prospect.

He did the right thing by entering his name in the draft while retaining his college eligibility. He put in the work through the combine and did whatever was asked of him. It remains unclear as to how many workouts for individual teams he had, we know of at least one. But the one team has multiple picks available to them. His metrics we average overall-he excelled in a couple areas but was average in others. The question is overall is was the last quarter of the season and his combine showing enough to convince a team to take a chance on him? His growth was nothing short of phenomenal and we have no reason to doubt that growth is over.But is it enough?

I suspect that he is being told he may be better off showcasing his growth and leadership one more year in college. He could indeed get picked very late, but with no guarantees. Or he could go undrafted and hope for a free agent contract. Unfortunately for Judah that will likely relegate him to the G-league. Although that will allow him to focus more completely on his game, it will not really allow him to be the star as he will be going up against guys with similar ability.

Or he could come back to school for another year. Here he would be the lead guard on a brand new team, the first of the Red era. This alone etches his name in history. He could easily showcase his skills and show for an entire year he can sustain the success he has built. He will continue to grow as a player, as a leader. So why hasn't he decided?

I suspect there are two dynamics at work. First is he wants the NBA. What kid who has played his short life focused on basketball doesn't? It is a dream and he is this close to fulfilling it. Second is NIL. Love it or hate it the thing is here. The longer he withheld his decision the more NIL collectives may have been able to offer him to return. After all, if he has to return to school, why not maximize what he can actually make?

I hope by the end of the day he will come back. And not just because I am a selfish fan, but because I think coming back maximizes his future potential. I think if he has been told he is a guaranteed pick he should go, but I don't think he has or he would have already announced he is staying in. I admire his confidence in himself if he decides to stay in, and I hope it works out like he hopes it will. I truly think the best thing for him would be maximizing his return for one more year. But I am not him, trying to live his dream.

Good luck Judah, whatever your decision may be.
Makes sense, but making sense doesn’t always come through in these decisions. One thing is for sure, he will not be playing in the NBA next year. He might be in the G League, but he will not step on the court of an NBA team. Anyone who thinks otherwise, is only kidding themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom