Judah On GTown's Portal Wishlist? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Judah On GTown's Portal Wishlist?

I guess I am surprised anyone thought Judah would be here next year. Other than the visceral "but it's Georgetown!" reaction, this makes sense. Make a bunch of money living near home for a year or two and get away from some of the negativity that has surrounded his time here.

Mintz might get killed playing for Cooley. Cooley demands you play defense. His glutes will hurt for weeks being forced to get into a defensive stance.
Agree. He and Cooley didn't seem like a match made in heaven to me, but I wanted someone smarter than me to make that point, before I chimed in.

if he can't make the NBA, he should absolutely maximize his earning potential while in college.

I have no problem with it.

Good luck to him, truly. Let's finish this year strong and then whatever happens, happens.

If there was an excellent player on Georgetown that Cuse wanted and coaxed from the portal everyone would be thrilled. Consistency. Hope he stays but if he wants the bag and leaves good luck to him.

From Trilly Donovan and other 'insiders', it appears an open secret that Judah's camp is shopping for an NIL bag behind the scenes. We will see if Red and co want to play this type of ball after just going through a bidding war with Jesse, although this may just be the new norm in college hoops.

The thought of Judah -> G'Town transpiring is nothing short of staggering.
It’s not a secret at all. People around the team all know. My son told me about Mintz last week. I thought the was just messin with me. Might have to listen to him from now on.

Last edited:
This NIL/Portal era of college hoops essentially puts every player on a 1-year contract, with every team operating with an unlimited salary cap. These occurrences (guys like Jesse leaving or Judah potentially heading to Gtown for a bigger bag) are basically the norm going forward. The college hoops landscape that we all knew and loved is gone, we all need to recognize and accept that fact.

Judah has no interest in playing at Georgetown. The only reason to leak something like this is to get him a better payday to come back to Cuse.

It’s really quite clever to pick a big Cuse rival. Right now there’s a lot of big Cuse donors with deep pockets that want Syracuse back in the tourney and hate Georgetown. At the same time clearly GTown is desperate.

Judah and “his camp” know exactly what they’re doing. They also know that a few big donors told Mr Fran Brown and Kyle McCord to name their price and then they signed the check so there’s money in the checkbook.

Also Think about the last time your boss gave you a raise when your metrics and performance were the same as the year before. Let’s be honest that we are better than last year but still not in the tourney. The only way to get a big nil bump is to have another bidder for Judah.

Georgetown will offer him a price and then it’ll be up to Autry and the big NIL guys if they want to keep him or go buy another PG.

We should all mentally prepare ourselves for Judah putting his name in the portal though. It’s not that he doesn’t bleed orange, it’s just business.

I don’t think he’s going anywhere. Unfinished business and all that with Q/Bell/Brown/JJ. If he did go anywhere it would be a contender not a rebuild anyway.

I’ll say this: IF Judah transfers, I hope it’s to a team on our schedule because I’d love to see him & Copeland go head-to-head.

I was thinking the same thing. Imagine 30,000+ in the Dome for Georgetown, deafening boos when Mintz gets announced, Q in full lockdown mode all night going toe to toe, student section waving around empty canvas money bags to taunt him, chanting "Won't Be Drafted!" or "Go to Europe!" at him whenever he touches the ball.

Talk about putting some juice back in an old rivalry!

Red will get a better player.
I hope you’re right, but that’s a tall order despite what our fans have been saying on the board lately.

And taking a non-tourney team and replacing our most talented player with a slightly more talented player isn’t an approach that will give us sustained success. We need to get those more talented players but replace our worst players.

There’s no positive to this. People will act like it’s not a big deal like they did with Jesse last year, but this is not good.

Judah has no interest in playing at Georgetown. The only reason to leak something like this is to get him a better payday to come back to Cuse.

It’s really quite clever to pick a big Cuse rival. Right now there’s a lot of big Cuse donors with deep pockets that want Syracuse back in the tourney and hate Georgetown. At the same time clearly GTown is desperate.

Judah and “his camp” know exactly what they’re doing. They also know that a few big donors told Mr Fran Brown and Kyle McCord to name their price and then they signed the check so there’s money in the checkbook.

Also Think about the last time your boss gave you a raise when your metrics and performance were the same as the year before. Let’s be honest that we are better than last year but still not in the tourney. The only way to get a big nil bump is to have another bidder for Judah.

Georgetown will offer him a price and then it’ll be up to Autry and the big NIL guys if they want to keep him or go buy another PG.

We should all mentally prepare ourselves for Judah putting his name in the portal though. It’s not that he doesn’t bleed orange, it’s just business.

I don’t think he’s going anywhere. Unfinished business and all that with Q/Bell/Brown/JJ. If he did go anywhere it would be a contender not a rebuild anyway.
I have no doubt that’s the approach here but I think he’s likely misplaying his hand if he thinks that’s a winning move here. There’s always the risk the school says “see ya.” We have a good NIL situation but I don’t necessarily seeing Red supporting a lot of it going to Judah given what he wants with pace and style of play. Just A hunch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom