Judah On GTown's Portal Wishlist? | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Judah On GTown's Portal Wishlist?

Ok. So you’d rather he passed the ball more to Taylor? Maybe Bell creates a bit more off the dribble? A little more short roll action, running some offense through McLeod as the decision maker?

You’re going to fall down draft boards when you’re a smallish guard who doesn’t shoot well. That’s reality.

But dude can absolutely ball. If you don’t like him or don’t like his style, that’s fine. But saying he can’t play because is nuts.

He can play. He’s just not a winning player. His style doesn’t work at this level.

I don’t think I’ve watched one game in the tourney where someone had a similar game

He can play. He’s just not a winning player. His style doesn’t work at this level.

I don’t think I’ve watched one game in the tourney where someone had a similar game
This is a completely fair argument. I’m not sure I entirely agree, but when you add the struggles shooting to the high usage rate to the inconsistent effort on the defensive end to the off-court stuff that appears to have been going on … I can see that mix being more trouble than it’s worth.

Saying the kid simply can’t play or isn’t a baller is a product of simply not liking a kid and blaming him for our frustration with the program as a whole. That strikes me as little more than pettiness. I get the frustration and some of it aimed at Judah makes sense. But it’s over the top.

I have been led to believe that to be the case. The thing is, once the feedback comes, he might think that he can make more $$$ with NIL.
Understood but even if that were the case, that would only be for a year or two. At some point he’s going to have to go pro and the longer he stays in college, the less attractive he will be to the pros, unless he somehow miraculously improves, and or does something to become more marketable. In other words, he might be making a couple hundred thousand dollars more this year than he would wherever he might end up as a pro (and that is far from definite) but sacrificing even more money down the line due to his age and perceived lower ceiling. As we’ve discussed, he will be 21 by the time the next college season starts.

I wouldn’t be shocked if there were a team out there who felt they could teach him to become a serviceable shooter. In a lot of ways, Judah reminds me of JD Davison, who has had a few cups of coffee with the Celtics, but has primarily played for their Portland affiliate. He was picked in the second round and has been in the G league, and the Celtics have given him time to gain strength and experience and improve his shot. My educated guess is that JD has made more in the last two years than Judah would in the portal but more importantly, he has become part of the Celtics culture and will be given an opportunity to improve and earn a role by the Celtics’ forward thinking front office.

This is a completely fair argument. I’m not sure I entirely agree, but when you add the struggles shooting to the high usage rate to the inconsistent effort on the defensive end to the off-court stuff that appears to have been going on … I can see that mix being more trouble than it’s worth.

Saying the kid simply can’t play or isn’t a baller is a product of simply not liking a kid and blaming him for our frustration with the program as a whole. That strikes me as little more than pettiness. I get the frustration and some of it aimed at Judah makes sense. But it’s over the top.
No. He’s not a good teammate.

screw it. This kid isn’t worth arguing over.

Ok. So you’d rather he passed the ball more to Taylor? Maybe Bell creates a bit more off the dribble? A little more short roll action, running some offense through McLeod as the decision maker?

You’re going to fall down draft boards when you’re a smallish guard who doesn’t shoot well. That’s reality.

But dude can absolutely ball. If you don’t like him or don’t like his style, that’s fine. But saying he can’t play because is nuts.

Ya. He’s awesome.

Lay off the drugs. Benny was a Matt Moyer level player at best.
Reading and comprehension don't always jive. I never said Benny was any good. Plus he doesn't play the violin.

What is it with you and Judah? Are you his real grandad?
I simply think he is a good player who carried a severely flawed team to 20 wins. I get the criticism but SU didn't have anyone who could score outside of Bell who is a good spot up shooter that has no other offensive skills.
I dont think we would have had a winning record without him.

Judah may be the most polarizing PG in Syracuse hoops history..at this point the best look for the fan base is to support this kids dreams of playing pro ball. He’s a kid. It’s unfortunate we didn’t have upperclassmen to guide this sophomore class. These children were thrown into the fire. It’s been a rollercoaster ride for sure. End of the day this kid put on the Syracuse orange and went to battle for this program and city. He’s not transferring to another school. He’s one of us. I wish the youngn nothing but the best in pursuing his hoop dreams.

I simply think he is a good player who carried a severely flawed team to 20 wins. I get the criticism but SU didn't have anyone who could score outside of Bell who is a good spot up shooter that has no other offensive skills.
I dont think we would have had a winning record without him.
I can agree with some of what you're saying. I do. His job would have been much easier/effective with say Jesse down low, JT being able to hit a 3, etc. That said, he still probably wouldn't have utilized these guys as well as he could. Judah is just not a PG, and that's no knock on him. However, he comes with his own warts, which aren't small.

I can agree with some of what you're saying. I do. His job would have been much easier/effective with say Jesse down low, JT being able to hit a 3, etc. That said, he still probably wouldn't have utilized these guys as well as he could. Judah is just not a PG, and that's no knock on him. However, he comes with his own warts, which aren't small.
He sure does and I hope he improves enough to make a good living overseas.
Not sure who we bring in but without a solid pg we aren't going anywhere next season.

Ya. He’s awesome.
Let’s try to find some sort of common ground here: hopefully Red accomplishes two things this offseason. 1) finding a group of players that meshes together better as a unit and 2) installs an offense that encourages and rewards players for sharing the ball and moving without the ball. In all likelihood that scenario doesn’t include Judah.

Thank god NBA front offices don’t think like you.

Evidence: Judah isn’t close to an nba draft pick this year.

Google it. Congrats on being willfully ignorant.
By that logic richard manning was a better player than scoop and Rick jackson.

Thank god NBA front offices don’t think like you.

Evidence: Judah isn’t close to an nba draft pick this year.

Google it. Congrats on being willfully ignorant.
Seriously Mike. Lots of Heisman winners don't make it in the pros. Tons of great Syracuse basketball players never played in the NBA.
Being labeled willfully ignorant by you for suggesting that a second team all acc basketball player is good because you don't agree doesn't necessarily make you a fool but it certainly makes you come across as one.

This is probably true. I guess the question is would Judah play the same way he currently does if he had teammates around him that could create their own looks/provide any court spacing for him? Insert any player in Judah’s place and the offense is still likely ugly IMO because most of our players don’t need to be defended on the perimeter and also aren’t a vertical threat around the rim. It’s not exactly an ecosystem built for success. Judah definitely plays his part in those struggles too though.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JYCUSE12

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom