Judgement day Friday, Feb. 8, 2013 | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Judgement day Friday, Feb. 8, 2013

Simple question, Will James Souherland suit up again for cuse?

• YES

Votes: 40 56.3%
  • NO

Votes: 31 43.7%

• Total voters
At North Carolina they have a program that scans the classes kids take and whether they are real classes. Somehow it has been broken up until recently.

At North Carolina they have a program that scans the classes kids take and whether they are real classes. Somehow it has been broken up until recently.
They make scanners for classes that don't exist?

They make scanners for classes that don't exist?
images

we use whatever the language of the day seems to be. Starting back in the day with Basic, went thru the Mainframe coding years Cobol/Algol/Pascal/Assembly/Fortran/FocusMark IV progressed into the 4D/filemaker/foxpro/delphi/hypertalk/applescript days mixed with Adabas/Natural for 20 years and now onto the Dark side for mostly web based stuff Coldfusion/Java/curl/pearl/python/VB/postcript/javascript/asp. Looking at lists probably 50 languages of production code and the odd 10-20 had to learn for college or work that never really got used..

pre cobol was 7070 machine language for mainframes, Expert System dev tools (M1,S1, Lisp, KBMS, prolog)

we use whatever the language of the day seems to be. Starting back in the day with Basic, went thru the Mainframe coding years Cobol/Algol/Pascal/Assembly/Fortran/FocusMark IV progressed into the 4D/filemaker/foxpro/delphi/hypertalk/applescript days mixed with Adabas/Natural for 20 years and now onto the Dark side for mostly web based stuff Coldfusion/Java/curl/pearl/python/VB/postcript/javascript/asp. Looking at lists probably 50 languages of production code and the odd 10-20 had to learn for college or work that never really got used..

pre cobol was 7070 machine language for mainframes, Expert System dev tools (M1,S1, Lisp, KBMS, prolog)

It means that you have to live with yourself, conscience, etc. I'm sure we all can justify some poor decisions, but it's all about what irks you most, ie, what you can "justify" about yourself that may not be cool to most.

Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handy.
Tee,
Not really. It means that you are "cheating yourself" of gaining the ability or knowledge that the test/paper/homework is meant to instill. Grades only determine your rank compared to other students. The abilities and knowledge that you gain are far more important, IMO.

Tee,
Not really. It means that you are "cheating yourself" of gaining the ability or knowledge that the test/paper/homework is meant to instill. Grades only determine your rank compared to other students. The abilities and knowledge that you gain are far more important, IMO.
I agree up until the Internet came along, then everybody became a genius.

Tee,

There were times in college that I "cheated" by definition. Was it nice getting good grades? Obviously. But sometimes "cheating" allowed me to actually learn the material better. I did it to learn, not for the grade.

Some may not understand what I'm saying, but it is a lot different learning how to solve a problem via the solutions manual as opposed to simply writing down the answer from the solutions manual. Trust me, I saw the latter, and those were the kids who learned little.

The university posts reports about academic integrity violations online: http://academicintegrity.syr.edu/annual-reports-and-data/
A first offense for an undergraduate would rarely, if ever, result in suspension or expulsion. The most common sanction is failure on the assignment. Repeat offenses are generally dealt with much more harshly.
real information rather than speculation, good find . . . best post in the thread

Yea. if melo was guilty of plagiarizing i'd prefer to see justice served. I actually think that's a reasonable outlook to have on life. College classes are graded on a curve and therefore cheating adversely affects the other students that are doing it the right way. I don't think my view is really that insane or outlandish actually.

Serious question, how old are you?
You sir, are an idiot.

Pardon me mods if my use of the word idiot is too strong in this instance. It felt necessary.

Yeah, but your whole cube was scrap paper! (inside joke)

Tee,
Didn't look at it from that perspective. I guess I only interpreted it by thinking of the moral consequences, not the value in gaining the knowledge, skill, etc. Much thanks!

The university posts reports about academic integrity violations online: http://academicintegrity.syr.edu/annual-reports-and-data/
A first offense for an undergraduate would rarely, if ever, result in suspension or expulsion. The most common sanction is failure on the assignment. Repeat offenses are generally dealt with much more harshly.

Someone posted in a much earlier thread that James had some academic difficulties last year. Nothing was posted about what those might have been, but after seeing this, I wonder if this may be a repeat issue for him.

There's only one thing to make this thread complete, and since it's come full circle:
JenniferLoveHewitt-TheClientList006.gif

WOW! Thank you very much!
I had to say it twice, for obvious reasons!

Didn't look at it from that perspective. I guess I only interpreted it by thinking of the moral consequences, not the value in gaining the knowledge, skill, etc. Much thanks!
It didn't make sense to me the first time I heard it either. A teacher explained it to me.

From the handbook itself: http://www.syr.edu/currentstudents/studenthandbook/pdf/studenthandbook2012-2013.pdf

Plagiarism is a more serious offense under the broad category of academic dishonesty. University-wide, standard punishment is failure of the course. Repeat offenses (or serious malfeasance) is grounds for expulsion. And different schools within the university have stricter standards.

Depending on the assignment, an F or zero could result in failing the course. Retroactively failing a course from a previous year would be an odd situation but I suppose it could put someone's academic eligibility at risk. All speculation of course. I don't want to know James's personal business - I just want to know if he's coming back.

lets say melo cheated. you would have preferred him get suspended for the season as opposed to leading us to a championship?

I heard there was this one time when Carmelo went to a class...

I had to say it twice, for obvious reasons!
Ha, don't blame you for saying twice. Don't blame you for looking twice, or 127 times either.
Your welcome, Your welcome.
:)

Ha, don't blame you for saying twice. Don't blame you for looking twice, or 127 times either.
Your welcome, Your welcome.
:)

what does your wife think about you posting that? i see you got the avatar to fly...

I heard there was this one time when Carmelo went to a class...

The picture in your signature makes me uncomfortable. Can we get a new photo of her when she is actually older than 18?