Jugger-not..... | Syracusefan.com

Jugger-not.....

newmexicuse

All Conference
It should be apparant that we are not the juggernaut that we were earlier in the season. If we are to have a FF or even an NC run we need to get back to how we played in the first half of the year.

The question is what has changed ? The answer is that for some reason we seem to have too many of our guys not playing up to their potential in most of the recent games. Why ???? We need 5 or 6 guys to play well each time out to contend. One or two won't get us very far.

1. Scoop - he has been awful for three straight games. What gives - the kid has shown he is a winner, a competitor, and a clutch player over the years. For some reason he looks lackadiasical out there recently. He is not breaking down the opposing D's. His scoring always comes & goes, but his play making & limiting TOs should be a constant.

2. Kris - Too passive for too many stretches in games. He needs to do what he did against UConn & break down D's off the dribble, especially if his J is off. I still don't understand how an athletic 6'8" player managed zero boards in his last outing. There can be no excuse other than lack of effort. Kris needs to really want it.

3. Fab - Wow, who woulda thnk it. He has probably been our most consistant player all season. He just needs to keep it up & stay out of foul trouble.

4. Brandon - He has shown flashes of aggressiveness the last few games, but his shooting has been erratic. He has a great stroke. Always has been the head with this kid. For my one millionth time, I say he should be better than he has shown. When will it happen consistantly ???

5. CJ - He was playing solidly up until the BET. Supposedly he was ill. I will give him a pass. He needs to be smarter about taking his inside shots so he doesn't get blocked so often & he needs to get back his 15' stroke. Great effort off the glass last time out.

6. Dion - Rising up as the man his last few games. Love his play & how he wants the ball. I just don't want to see him fall in love with the trey. His game is slash & cash & just enough outside to keep em honest.

7. James - Only one strong game in the last half of the season. When he rains threes it brings a different dimension to our O. I know he won't do it every time out, but we need him to have a few big games in the course of a tourney run if we are to go deep. Our offense seems to explode when he is hot.

8. BMK & XMas - Seems as if BMK does better if the opposing team has an inside threat at the five and defends one on one within the Zone & that XMas does better if he can defend the lane & board wo worrying too much about one on one D if the foe does not have a scoring threat at the five spot. We will only need 5 to 8 solid minutes between the two of them.

9. MCW- I think the kid can help. Jimmy doesn't (when it matters). He is the hall of fame coach. I am just a fan from afar. Can I be right & he be wrong ????

10 Jimmy - Overall fantastic job this season. My two points of contention have been the use of MCW and using XMas more as the backup 5.

Great post. I think I pretty much agree with every point.

Yep - we'll probably become the 1st 1-seed to lose to a 16. SU is hopeless. Not a chance to move to the next round.

We're 31-2, people! Oh Lord

Yep - we'll probably become the 1st 1-seed to lose to a 16. SU is hopeless. Not a chance to move to the next round.

We're 31-2, people! Oh Lord
Ugh - how did you get that from my post ? I am simply saying what I believe needs to happen for a FF or an NC run. Surely you cannot believe we will get to a FF unless we play better than we have shown over the last ten games or so. This team has the potential to get there. It has recently not been playing up to it's potential IMHO. If you believe that this team has played as well as it can over the last ten games or if you believe that we can get to a FF wo playing up to our potential - so be it. We can agree to disagree.

Ugh - how did you get that from my post ? I am simply saying what I believe needs to happen for a FF or an NC run. Surely you cannot believe we will get to a FF unless we play better than we have shown over the last ten games or so. This team has the potential to get there. It has recently not been playing up to it's potential IMHO. If you believe that this team has played as well as it can over the last ten games or if you believe that we can get to a FF wo playing up to our potential - so be it. We can agree to disagree.
Some people just don't want to acknowledge any problems no matter how obvious they may be. The "orange-colored classes" syndrome.

It's rather disturbing that the rebounding, poor half-court offense and lack of a low-post presence are still as problematic as they were earlier in he season.

When is the last time that SU played its best basketball in March, and improved as the season progressed?

Maybe the 1-16 game will be a nice way for our guys to find their mojo again. Consistency has been a problem for everyone except CJ and Fab. The depth has minimized the impact of this clearly (31-2). If we are going to beat the #2 and #1 seeds though - we will need to be at full strength. Our play in the BET would probably not get us past the Sweet 16. I know that my ultimate dread is another exit in that round.

All that said - look at Louisville. They made some adjustments and went from the trash pile to BET champs in less than a week. No reason to expect we don't adjust. And frankly our team has no where to go but up (I don't mean to say we've been bad, I mean that to say we have not been playing up to our potential for the most part).

Some people just don't want to acknowledge any problems no matter how obvious they may be. The "orange-colored classes" syndrome.
Yeah - that's me. Orange colored glasses - that's me. lol.

The point was the laundry list the OP had sounded like he was tlaking about Seton Hall or NC St, not a 31-2 team. I acknowledge there are issues, but the amount of hand-wrining and criticism on this board is beginning to rival syracuse.com.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom