July Open Evaluation Period | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

July Open Evaluation Period

Red is out in Vegas today to help out when JB and Hop are busy with USA B-ball. Somebody was expected to be out in AC but I guess GMac is MIA.

Tonight at 7 for anyone interested, ESPNU is going to televise a game out in Orlando that features about 10 high-major players. Justin Jackson(UNC), Joel Berry (UNC), Grayson Allen (Duke), D'Angelo Russell (Ohio St), Justice Winslow (top 15), Kelly Oubre (top 25) and several others.

Tonight at 7 for anyone interested, ESPNU is going to televise a game out in Orlando that features about 10 high-major players. Justin Jackson(UNC), Joel Berry (UNC), Grayson Allen (Duke), D'Angelo Russell (Ohio St), Justice Winslow (top 15), Kelly Oubre (top 25) and several others.
I'm going to have to check that out. Any link to the full roster?

2014 G Jared Terrell tells @SNYtv Kansas, Providence, UConn, Miami, Florida, St. John's and Cincinnati will likely be among his final list.

Jerry Meyer@jerrymeyer247 7m
Jaquan Newton. Not that close really RT @engel_sean: @jerrymeyer247 Who is the better PG right now Kaleb Joseph or Jaquan Newton?

Says the man who had Tyler Ennis ranked 40th. shaq2.png

I'll take the chances with KJ2 and like the way he would fit into the Orange way of playing. The best ankle breaking crossover I've seen since some guy named Pearl would in and of itself make for great spectacle and pleasure. I just can't picture him being a gopher or a friar. Just. Not. Happening.

I'll take the chances with KJ2 and like the way he would fit into the Orange way of playing. The best ankle breaking crossover I've seen since some guy named Pearl would in and of itself make for great spectacle and pleasure. I just can't picture him being a gopher or a friar. Just. Not. Happening.
JB watched both Joseph and Newton during the first evaluation period and decided to track down Joseph the rest of the way. I think I'll trust the HOF coach evaluation over the UK groupie. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Newton, but I definitely don't see a wide gap of talent between the two. Newton has benefitted from getting more exposure in high profile camps like the LeBron/NBPA that Joseph didn't get to attend.

Going to providence isn't a bad thing but they have played defense one out of the last 10 years and still didn't make the ncaa tournament.

Yeah he could go there and ballhog in the nit or he can come to cuse and play in 2 final fours on both ends of the court.

Lol yeah I saw that thread already. Some people just need to have misery to get by in life.
And I like some of these guys. They really have their moments.
But if they won the lottery, first question...I'm going to lose some in taxes!!!!
Me, I'm with Lisa on this one.

Joseph's Vegas trip is now cut short as they lose in the 1st rd of their tourney. It's a positive for us because at least now other coaches from high-level programs who might have been interested in seeing him won't be able to now.