July Open Evaluation Period | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

July Open Evaluation Period

Joseph's Vegas trip is now cut short as they lose in the 1st rd of their tourney. It's a positive for us because at least now other coaches from high-level programs who might have been interested in seeing him won't be able to now.
Dean, that is just perfectly diabolically most excellent!

Francis, do you know if we offered Kameron Chatman ? We made his top 8. Think he would be a nice pickup if we can't land Whitehead. What's your take on him?

WOW, finally caught up! A lot of our targets playing a lot of places over the last week while I was golfing every morning and then hanging at the beach and pool with the kiddies. Thanks especially to Francis for keeping up with things but everyone else as well.

One quick SU related, kind of, vacation story:

One of my favorite parts of the drive every year is going Georgetown Delaware since I've trained the girls to yell "Georgetown Sucks" as much as they want without mommy getting mad over the "sucks" word. Then on the way out my oldest asks "what's that?" while pointing to the large fenced in jail. I tell her its a jail and my other daughter follows up right away with "Is that where the Georgetown players live?" :rolling:

Francis, do you know if we offered Kameron Chatman ? We made his top 8. Think he would be a nice pickup if we can't land Whitehead. What's your take on him?
Might be hard to get since he has been favoring Oregon and Michigan for some time now. Not sure how serious the interest is on our side or if he's just namedropping, because the staff hasn't watched him this month at all to my knowledge.

WOW, finally caught up! A lot of our targets playing a lot of places over the last week while I was golfing every morning and then hanging at the beach and pool with the kiddies. Thanks especially to Francis for keeping up with things but everyone else as well.

One quick SU related, kind of, vacation story:

One of my favorite parts of the drive every year is going Georgetown Delaware since I've trained the girls to yell "Georgetown Sucks" as much as they want without mommy getting mad over the "sucks" word. Then on the way out my oldest asks "what's that?" while pointing to the large fenced in jail. I tell her its a jail and my other daughter follows up right away with "Is that where the Georgetown players live?" :rolling:

And I'm sure you gave her the real story and told her , "No, but that is where a lot of the Georgetown players go after they are done at Georgetown"

And I'm sure you gave her the real story and told her , "No, but that is where a lot of the Georgetown players go after they are done at Georgetown"

I went with they recruit from there telling them they can always go back, lol. Of course that lead to the recruitment conversation that neither of the girls really grasped 100%

Since we had fun with this a few times last year, I was thinking about doing another one of those Q & A recruiting threads if anybody is interested? If so then I'll set a time and date and we can have some good discussion as things start to play out in the recruiting world around the country.

Since we had fun with this a few times last year, I was thinking about doing another one of those Q & A recruiting threads if anybody is interested? If so then I'll set a time and date and we can have some good discussion as things start to play out in the recruiting world around the country.
If anyone is interested? For real? You know we are all interested.

If anyone is interested? For real? You know we are all interested.
My bad OF Russy2.png

The Big Strick Classic Rosters Announced

Wow. Everyone's going. Hottest ticket of the summer. Here's the Cuse recruits:

USA Team
3. Derrick Jones – SF- Archbishop Carroll High School, Philadelphia, PA. Ranked in the top 15 for the Class of 2015. Projects to be a future top 20 pick in NBA draft. Cincinnati, Maryland, Syracuse, Villanova, Kentucky.

NYC East team
1. Chris McCullough - PF- Brewster Academy, New Hampshire. Ranked in the Top 10 for the Class of 2014. Future NBA lottery pick. 3 time Big Strick Classic alumni and last year team NYC co MVP. Committed to Syracuse.

2. Isaiah Whitehead-SG- Lincoln High School, Brooklyn, New York. Ranked in the Top 20 for the class of 2014. Best guard in New York City this year. Projects to be a future NBA player and 3 time Big Strick Classic alumni. Arizona, Florida, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisville, Maryland, Minnesota, Rutgers, St. Johns, Syracuse, UCLA.

3. Thomas Bryant – C- Bishop Kearney High School, Rochester, New York. Ranked in the Top 20 for the Class of 2015. Projects to be a future NBA first round pick. Syracuse, West Virginia, Villanova, UConn.

4. Cheick Diallo- C- Our Savior New American School, Center reach, New York. Ranked in the Top 5 for the Class of 2015. Future lottery pick. Arizona, Iowa St, Kansas, Kentucky, St. John’s, Washington.

5. Rawle Alkins- SG/SF- Christ the King, Queens, New York. Ranked in the Top 20 for the Class of 2016. Compared to Lance Stephenson and Lenny Cooke. Projects to be a future NBA player. Florida, Fordham, Villanova ,Kentucky, Syracuse, St. John’s.

6. Mustapha Heron-SG/SF- Wilbraham and Monson Academy, West Haven, Connecticut. Ranked in the Top 25 for the Class of 2016. Projects to be a future lottery pick if he continues to develop, already seasoned and playing against pros in pro-am. Kentucky, UConn, Florida, Vanderbilt, Syracuse and Providence.

12. Isaiah Briscoe PG- Undecided on High School for this year, was the top returning guard in the State of New Jersey. Ranked in the Top 20 for the Class of 2015. Future NBA draft pick. Baylor, UConn, Florida, Florida St., Indiana, Miami, Michigan, Ohio St., Syracuse, UCLA.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/big-strick-classic-rosters-announced/

Yea that's a loaded group. I only live 45 minutes away so I think I might try to go, definitely worth seeing that talent together, especially for free.
Gonna be a hot gym!

Thursday at 8pm lets get it!

The Big Strick Classic Rosters Announced

Wow. Everyone's going. Hottest ticket of the summer. Here's the Cuse recruits:

USA Team
3. Derrick Jones – SF- Archbishop Carroll High School, Philadelphia, PA. Ranked in the top 15 for the Class of 2015. Projects to be a future top 20 pick in NBA draft. Cincinnati, Maryland, Syracuse, Villanova, Kentucky.

NYC East team
1. Chris McCullough - PF- Brewster Academy, New Hampshire. Ranked in the Top 10 for the Class of 2014. Future NBA lottery pick. 3 time Big Strick Classic alumni and last year team NYC co MVP. Committed to Syracuse.

2. Isaiah Whitehead-SG- Lincoln High School, Brooklyn, New York. Ranked in the Top 20 for the class of 2014. Best guard in New York City this year. Projects to be a future NBA player and 3 time Big Strick Classic alumni. Arizona, Florida, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisville, Maryland, Minnesota, Rutgers, St. Johns, Syracuse, UCLA.

3. Thomas Bryant – C- Bishop Kearney High School, Rochester, New York. Ranked in the Top 20 for the Class of 2015. Projects to be a future NBA first round pick. Syracuse, West Virginia, Villanova, UConn.

4. Cheick Diallo- C- Our Savior New American School, Center reach, New York. Ranked in the Top 5 for the Class of 2015. Future lottery pick. Arizona, Iowa St, Kansas, Kentucky, St. John’s, Washington.

5. Rawle Alkins- SG/SF- Christ the King, Queens, New York. Ranked in the Top 20 for the Class of 2016. Compared to Lance Stephenson and Lenny Cooke. Projects to be a future NBA player. Florida, Fordham, Villanova ,Kentucky, Syracuse, St. John’s.

6. Mustapha Heron-SG/SF- Wilbraham and Monson Academy, West Haven, Connecticut. Ranked in the Top 25 for the Class of 2016. Projects to be a future lottery pick if he continues to develop, already seasoned and playing against pros in pro-am. Kentucky, UConn, Florida, Vanderbilt, Syracuse and Providence.

12. Isaiah Briscoe PG- Undecided on High School for this year, was the top returning guard in the State of New Jersey. Ranked in the Top 20 for the Class of 2015. Future NBA draft pick. Baylor, UConn, Florida, Florida St., Indiana, Miami, Michigan, Ohio St., Syracuse, UCLA.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/big-strick-classic-rosters-announced/
The Hammer better be doing a lot of recruiting for us.

I cant get out of work that night Francis! Can you send me a copy of the Q and A or post one here or your site? Please!!!!!