just booked my flight to chi-town for nw game | Syracusefan.com

just booked my flight to chi-town for nw game

jgeorge322

Living Legend
is anyone else going out there? curious what the nw stadium is like and any pregame recos. thanks.

is anyone else going out there? curious what the nw stadium is like and any pregame recos. thanks.

I was hoping to go, but work has cancelled that trip for me. It's enough to make me want to quit, but I digress.

I was out there for our game in 2008 (with a few celebrities from this here board). The Chicago scene at that time of year is great, Wrigley (even with a terrible Cubs team) is a must and they're home that weekend.

I'll tell you that the Northwestern scene is pretty blah for college football. You'd never think you were at a B1G venue (well, before the recent expansion anyway). Not much tailgating, and they move you out of there pretty quickly after the game. Stadium is small. When we played last time it was Labor Day weekend, so NW students weren't back yet. Made for a generally quiet stadium, I think there were all of 20k people there. We hit up some restaurant/bars in Evanston after. They were nice as I recall, but it was just kind of weird, you'd have never known a college football game was just played.

But that Chicago...my kind of town...

I'll be there... I started a similar thread a few weeks ago.
I likely won't get to the stadium until a couple of hours before the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom