just heard a few minutes ago | Syracusefan.com

just heard a few minutes ago

retro44

Living Legend
that more parking lots for the dome are most likely going bye-bye,not the law school job,but another.

heard that the dome powers to be are starting to complain as they will have no parking left around the dome,except to a few big donors. fire dept,police and others are starting to voice their opinions.

i guess if you piss off half the city first,then maybe you get your new stadium with a little financial help;)

then i had heard that the border patrol made a little visit to the haynor/hoyt job that is building syracuse u. dorms.as many as 14 mexicans were nabbed.

how nice,syracuse university wants more local fan attendence and the contractors hire illegals who care nothing about football instead of hiring locals who might have the paychecks to go the games.brilliant syracuse,you need to have a clause in the contract...local help only.fwiw... haynor is a non-union contractor for all you union haters

i personally saw quite a few mexicans saturday on my way to the spring game.

that more parking lots for the dome are most likely going bye-bye,not the law school job,but another.

heard that the dome powers to be are starting to complain as they will have no parking left around the dome,except to a few big donors. fire dept,police and others are starting to voice their opinions.

i guess if you piss off half the city first,then maybe you get your new stadium with a little financial help;)

then i had heard that the border patrol made a little visit to the haynor/hoyt job that is building syracuse u. dorms.as many as 14 mexicans were nabbed.

how nice,syracuse university wants more local fan attendence and the contractors hire illegals who care nothing about football instead of hiring locals who might have the paychecks to go the games.brilliant syracuse,you need to have a clause in the contract...local help only.fwiw... haynor is a non-union contractor for all you union haters

I am a contractor on that site and that is correct. Btw the guys who were tailgating in the parking lot next to the site god bless you, the weather was just raw and those guys were tailgating loving it.

Interesting, i wonder what school is getting a new building. Is it SU or SUNY ESF?

did a job a few years ago at ft drum air base-one day mp's were chasing guys around and over our freshly set tile-
illegals brought on base by the gc who subbed the concrete work to themselves -a major player,big time company

the specs were crazy- 3/4" out at 8 ft-yup thats right-it was insane -some floors looked like the ocean only tiled-

its all about construction mgt- since 2000 they have all but destroyed quality in the name of bonus money -

same company just did the new va addition- i refused to do sub-par work in one room and told the top dog and my field manager i would leave the job first- i never went back- when its for those who serve you dont butch and hack for a bonus unless your the biggest scum bags in the world-they are

did a job a few years ago at ft drum air base-one day mp's were chasing guys around and over our freshly set tile-
illegals brought on base by the gc who subbed the concrete work to themselves -a major player,big time company

the specs were crazy- 3/4" out at 8 ft-yup thats right-it was insane -some floors looked like the ocean only tiled-

its all about construction mgt- since 2000 they have all but destroyed quality in the name of bonus money -

same company just did the new va addition- i refused to do sub-par work in one room and told the top dog and my field manager i would leave the job first- i never went back- when its for those who serve you dont butch and hack for a bonus unless your the biggest scum bags in the world-they are

You should see the electric work over in Iraq and Kuwait... 16 guys died in the shower just in the year I was there.

heard that the V.A. was loaded up with mexicans and that was a gov't job that is supposed to pay prevailing wages...not

I know first hand that the powers that be on the hill view parking lots as a waste of valuable land and would provide a better ROI as buildings.

heard that the V.A. was loaded up with mexicans and that was a gov't job that is supposed to pay prevailing wages...not

This is angering. like this makes our govt a joke.

I know first hand that the powers that be on the hill view parking lots as a waste of valuable land and would provide a better ROI as buildings.

yup..and dome is one big footprint for higher educational learning and then the statefair or skytop then becomes a region of interest

yup..and dome is one big footprint for higher educational learning and then the statefair or skytop then becomes a region of interest

the handwriting has been on the wall. look towards south campus. but then i've been called an idiot for suggesting such. the dome will not live forever.

Just curious bees. Since OE dropped that nugget the other day, I have been wondering what the plans are for bball. Would it be another mixed use facility?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Just curious bees. Since OE dropped that nugget the other day, I have been wondering what the plans are for bball. Would it be another mixed use facility?

that's a good question i don't have an answer for. other than the proposal dolgen put forth for a downtown area arena to be used by su and the crunch, i have never heard a peep about what basketball would do if we built another football stadium.

Not a highway engineer so I don't have a clue, but it seems to me that a couple of the pluses about a Skytop site would be, they own the land and have plenty of it, and it would be a lot easier to get to, with some upgrading of the access streets.

Not to mention parking.

Disclaimer: I'm not advocating for Skytop, just wondering.

The problem with that is seating. How many seats does a minor league hockey team need compared to cuse basketball?

Now if they could tie it into funding for a south Salina st rehabilitation and 20k seat arena then sign me up.

I have seen the boon the Sprint Center and KC Power and Light District has been here.

The problem with that is seating. How many seats does a minor league hockey team need compared to cuse basketball?

Now if they could tie it into funding for a south Salina st rehabilitation and 20k seat arena then sign me up.

I have seen the boon the Sprint Center and KC Power and Light District has been here.

i am sure su needs more seats than the crunch. the proposal was for a 24k seat arena. i am sure it would be used for more than just su and the crunch but they would be the main tenants.

The Sprint Center here has concerts almost every weekend. The surrounding area is flooded with concert goers.
Imagine a downtown arena with vibrant surroundings. Could be enough to attract some businesses that are looking to hire a younger crowd. It really could be everything a downtown stadium for the Chiefs would have been and then some.

As an internship my son managed a dune restoration project off of West Palm for an Army Corps of Engineers subcontractor. Apparently they have "hiring" street corners where he would pick up his landscaping laborers each morning. You pull up with your truck, call out a number and that many hop in the back.

Nice. Be willing to bet it was LeMoyne Interiors which is Hayner Hoyt's interiors division. They may have separate names but they are essentially owned by the same people under one umbrella. They have been down here in Ithaca for years as well.. There are a few local developers that use Hayner/ LeMoyne a lot, including Cayuga Medical, which is another story

I worked with many illegal mexicans at Oak Hill Country Club during the summers while in college. All had fake names and told stories about how cold the water was (Gulf of Mexico). Good guys, great sense of humor, many of them just trying to earn enough money to bring their families over the border, perhaps legally. Very complicated issue.

As an internship my son managed a dune restoration project off of West Palm for an Army Corps of Engineers subcontractor. Apparently they have "hiring" street corners where he would pick up his landscaping laborers each morning. You pull up with your truck, call out a number and that many hop in the back.

That's refered to as "Day Labor". Temporary services have been doing it for decades, before illegals.

South Campus here we come. They can actually increase parking revenue taking games there. No one will park at cemetery, frats, etc.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom