just heard a few minutes ago | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

just heard a few minutes ago

Is there anything wrong with the dome STRUCTURALLY?

The Dome is a great venue. The university would be crazy to even think about a new facility prior to upgrading the practice facilities. My sense is that we have another 10 years minimum in the Dome and we may see version three in the same site. Look what they did to Soldier field i can see something along the same lines with the dome.

Is there anything wrong with the dome STRUCTURALLY?
Not too long ago, there was an article where the manager of the dome said it was a still a very good structure and will last a long time (as long as they want to maintain it).

there is no reason for the Dome to go bye bye.

if the academic people want the land for academic buildings then academic $$ can provide for a new place for football and basketball to play.

i couldnt give 2 schlitz about your parking woes.

Syracuse is the DOME.

with no Dome, we become something else.

i have no clue what that would be, nor do i want to find out.

Oh Lord

there is no reason for the Dome to go bye bye.

if the academic people want the land for academic buildings then academic $$ can provide for a new place for football and basketball to play.

i couldnt give 2 schlitz about your parking woes.

Syracuse is the DOME.

with no Dome, we become something else.

i have no clue what that would be, nor do i want to find out.

Oh Lord

The Dome will be around another 10-15 years unless a large private donor comes forward like Bees noted to make a new stadium happen. Its obvious the Admin isnt going to build a new stadium based upon the parking situation and no one here is advocating that a new stadium is needed due to parking.

I've spent the past couple days in Toronto, right by the Rogers Centre (former SkyDome). The exterior of that place, which is a big concrete edifice like the Dome, looks horrible. Our place looks fantastic by comparison.

I get the land and academic issues, but I think it makes a TON more sense to hire a firm that does stadium renovations (like the folks who did the Fenway Park decade-long renovation), gut the interior and make it better. Even the worst parking situations near the Dome are ten times better than parking at nearly every ther stadium and arena I've ever been to. Hell, I've had nights where it took more time getting out of a lot with 5,000 people attending an AHL game in Bridgeport than with 45,000 at the Dome for football.

I've spent the past couple days in Toronto, right by the Rogers Centre (former SkyDome). The exterior of that place, which is a big concrete edifice like the Dome, looks horrible. Our place looks fantastic by comparison.

I get the land and academic issues, but I think it makes a TON more sense to hire a firm that does stadium renovations (like the folks who did the Fenway Park decade-long renovation), gut the interior and make it better. Even the worst parking situations near the Dome are ten times better than parking at nearly every ther stadium and arena I've ever been to. Hell, I've had nights where it took more time getting out of a lot with 5,000 people attending an AHL game in Bridgeport than with 45,000 at the Dome for football.
Archbold lasted 100 years. The dome will be renovated we are not going to build a new stadium as there is no need no funding and the dome is something that is very unique in the east. It enables us to attract skill players who would never play outside. Think back to archbold and all of those horrible days. My guess is that at a minimum half of our home games were played in terrible weather. Also do you think the students would get up and drive to the fairground for a game? No the Dome is our home and will remain our home unless the good doctor moves everything to NYC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom