Just heard of a new 2014 PG you guys are looking at... | Syracusefan.com

Just heard of a new 2014 PG you guys are looking at...

SRHoo

Walk On
Very reputable poster on our board says Syracuse will throw their hat in for Devonte Graham.

If you haven't followed his story, it's weird. He committed to Appalachian State very early (believe his JR year), ended up signing his LOI, but wanted out after blowing up his SR year (2013). App State's coach wouldn't release him, so DG played at Brewster prep school this year.

The new App State coach gave him his release from his LOI today, and he's going to be a VERY hot commodity. Should get a major bump in the rankings when the services release their new spring rankings...Rivals guy hinted on our site about high 4 star status.

UVa, Kansas, and others are visiting Brewster this week, but the post on our board this evening is the first I saw of Syracuse. Hearing anything on your end? I know you have a good FR PG already in this class, but with Ennis declaring, thought it was worth bringing up over here.

Our best incoming recruit, Chris McCollough, played with him at Brewster so we've got that going for us.

We need depth at PG.

He has been mentioned over on the recruiting board, but I don't think there was ever any confirmation that SU was definitely interested. I think it was more wishful thinking on that board, but maybe wishes can come true.

Like I said, I haven't seen it reported, just what was posted on our board.

That said, I suspect ALOT of high majors will be jumping in this race over the next 48 hours.

Very reputable poster on our board says Syracuse will throw their hat in for Devonte Graham.

If you haven't followed his story, it's weird. He committed to Appalachian State very early (believe his JR year), ended up signing his LOI, but wanted out after blowing up his SR year (2013). App State's coach wouldn't release him, so DG played at Brewster prep school this year.

The new App State coach gave him his release from his LOI today, and he's going to be a VERY hot commodity. Should get a major bump in the rankings when the services release their new spring rankings...Rivals guy hinted on our site about high 4 star status.

UVa, Kansas, and others are visiting Brewster this week, but the post on our board this evening is the first I saw of Syracuse. Hearing anything on your end? I know you have a good FR PG already in this class, but with Ennis declaring, thought it was worth bringing up over here.
Thanks for the heads up

Kansas is the favorite to land Graham

I'm actually most concerned about NC State. He's from Raleigh, he's more complete than Cat Barber and would have a good chance of starting right away, Gott's son was a teammate of DG before he went to Brewster.

Brewster Academy Basketball

Schools to phone expressing interest in recruiting Brewster point guard Devonte Graham since he's received complete release from Appalachian State:

Boston College, Cincinnati, Creighton, Florida, Florida St, George Mason, Georgia Tech, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Providence, South Florida, Virginia, Virginia Tech, & Xavier.

Not worth it. Save it for battle.

Gee, it would really be nice to have two PGs. Do you really think a second PG is not worth it? How did this year turn out? Let see, UCONN won a NC with a Junior and Senior PGs.

Yea, our coach is clueless when it comes to recruiting.

Are you saying our coach does not make mistakes when it comes to recruiting. It wasn't like I was saying anything bad about JB. I just think maybe with Ennis leaving we should be trying to get another PG if one is available for 2014 season. What is wrong with that statement?

btw, UCONN has four NCs in 15 years which just seems impossible to me.

Dave85 said:
Are you saying our coach does not make mistakes when it comes to recruiting. It wasn't like I was saying anything bad about JB. I just think maybe with Ennis leaving we should be trying to get another PG if one is available for 2014 season. What is wrong with that statement? btw, UCONN has four NCs in 15 years which just seems impossible to me.

It bothers me that we don't have a coach trying to get this kid.

That's a bit different than you saying you think we could use another pg.

It kind of bothers me we do not have a coach trying to get this guy. I think we need a second PG based on this year's results.

This strikes me as ignorant in the extreme. First of all, how do you know what our coaches are doing? Secondly, how is this dude all of a sudden the only PG on planet Earth and if Boeheim is not outside his bedroom window holding a boom box over his head blasting In Your Eyes he's suddenly questionable about his commitment to the team?

We are going to be fine. 20 wins 6-7 seed

Why would the kid want to come here knowing Joseph is already coming? Reminds me of Barton last year deciding to go elsewhere since he knew Ennis would be starting.

This strikes me as ignorant in the extreme. First of all, how do you know what our coaches are doing? Secondly, how is this dude all of a sudden the only PG on planet Earth and if Boeheim is not outside his bedroom window holding a boom box over his head blasting In Your Eyes he's suddenly questionable about his commitment to the team?

OK, so forget that this dude suddenly became available (a 4 star prep who has interest from Kansas, by the way) - just limit yourself to the fact that we only had 1 true PG last year and it affected us, and now we're going into next year with another solo first year PG and no true PG to back him up. I think it's a perfectly legitimate point, and you shouldn't blast the guy for saying so. It's about balancing your roster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom