Just some thoughts... | Syracusefan.com

Just some thoughts...

Jake

Mod
Love the win but not overly excited. They were the suckiest sucks that ever sucked.

Deleone makes Hackett look like chip Kelly.

To me the most important things to take from this game are:

Krautman's return.
The end of the Steve Rene PR era.
Showing opponents the Tank play action and the reverses.
A little bit of confidence a momentum.
The Ashton Broyld escape from the doghouse.

Gotta be honest though, uconn sucks so bad that all of it could be a mirage. The game has just passed by P&D so badly. It's uncomfortable to watch them. And really brought back memories of all those blowout losses we suffered when they were here.

They will not return next year at uconn. They can't. I hope each retires and enjoys the rest of their lives. Good guys who really have accomplished a lot, but it is clearly time to end their careers.

I felt kind of bad when the camera showed P in the second half and he had that same eyes glazed over look that had become too common here.

Their o is horrendous. We played well on offense and got the win but their defense is good

Love the win but not overly excited. They were the suckiest sucks that ever sucked.

Krautman's return.

Gotta be honest though, uconn sucks so bad that all of it could be a mirage. The game has just passed by P&D so badly. It's uncomfortable to watch them. And really brought back memories of all those blowout losses we suffered when they were here.

They will not return next year at uconn. They can't. I hope each retires and enjoys the rest of their lives. Good guys who really have accomplished a lot, but it is clearly time to end their careers.

Yeah, can't believe UConn was running the old single wing.

Actually, once again it came down to the players.

The UConn QB - a Jr. College transfer - put no pressure on the SU defense. And he's the best option they have at that position.

Edsall didn't leave much.

The kids did their job and didn't play to their competition.

We still need break away speed but I'm thrilled that they put this team away.

I am excited this AM. This program has been not able to lay 40-10 on anybody outside a one-off West Va win last year. We couldn't smoke the Stonybrooks or Maine.

To thump a team that 11 months ago we could not stop and the years before thoroughly out-toughed us feels good.

I am not going to originate any "we will win the conference posts" but yesterday's performance and outcome was damn satisfying.

The UConn QB - a Jr. College transfer - put no pressure on the SU defense. And he's the best option they have at that position.

Edsall left a program that he essentially built from scratch the day after UCONN played in a BCS bowl game.

The current regime has not harnessed that momentum and not performed on the field or in recruiting. Its fans are disheartened.

Edsall left enough...and if he didn't, well I guess it does come down to the man with the headset on the sideline sometimes.

Krautman's return.

I was especially pleased that we let the dogs loose on D in passing situtaions. There is nothing like having a body in the face to degrade the accuracy of the opposing QB. Our aggressiveness caused two TOs and we came within a gnat's hair of getting 2-3 more.

Edsall left a program that he essentially built from scratch the day after UCONN played in a BCS bowl game.

The current regime has not harnessed that momentum and not performed on the field or in recruiting. Its fans are disheartened.

Edsall left enough...and if he didn't, well I guess sometime it does come down to the man with the headset on the sideline sometimes.
NO.NO.NO. It is NEVER the coach. It's talent and facilities. Period. You don't read this board enough.

;)

Krautman's return.

I will add one. Justin Pugh looked dominant, especially in the run. They ran behind him relentlessly to start. The guy missed the whole preseason and several games and it showed through his early play, especially last week on the special teams whiff. Last night is the type of film they will play during the draft.

If you want optimism about getting to 6 wins, it will be the return of a strong running game behind Pugh. It opens up so much more in the passing game and play action.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I am excited but fully realize we could go back to turning the ball over 4x a game against a must-win at USF. This team is bowl caliber which is why its been such a frustrating squad to watch thus far. We know that we should have beaten NW, we know that we should have beaten Minn, and we know that we should have beaten RU. However, our questionable coaching decisions, ridiculous amount of turnovers and flags a plenty have given us 3 L's. We have dug a deep hole and will really need to man up to build some positive momentum to make a bowl game, however this defense is fun to watch and if our offense can stop giving the other team the ball, well then, I think we just might have a chance.

Good post, Jake. My only comment is that I don't believe games "pass people by." Circumstances do.

UCON has a fantastic defense. Don't under estimate what the offense was able to accomplish. The offensive line was flat out awesome out there. SU can beat any one left on the schedule.

Their D is not fantastic. They are decent and that's it. Our O was great last night but their D hasn't none anything special against anyone legit. Our D is much better. They also lost one of their better D players. Last night this was a combo of our O playing very very well against a decent but far from fantastic D.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I'd like to add, amazing push by the DL. The Uconn OL was back peddling the entire game.

But didn't UConn have more talent than us? I thought we were supposed to have less anyone.

As to what Edsall left. That's actually a funny statement. Some of us said the same about what P left at SU. Others said bull, we were 6-6 and a bowl team when he left. Well UConn was a BCS team when P showed up. P was left more from top to bottom than he left himself.

We played well and beat a very poor team. Things that i liked. Rene being replaced and he should be replaced on KO as well as he looks like he has lead in his pants. Desir has good hands and is a true threat. He just has the look. I liked the way that the D played but again that is nothing new they have played well all year long. Specials were very good. Norton should have been told from day one to bang the ball vs High to the goal line kick offs that had been preached. Let the other team start at the 25 vs trying to pin them inside the 20. Good call by the staff wish i would have happened from the start. Nice to see Kraut back. He looked like his old self. Really like the way the staff is using their talent and depth on D. Great rotation up front. Bromley DG Crume Z Walsh Robinson MP Sharpe .

Negative. Two blown early redzone opportunities will not cut it against anyone left on the schedule other than temple. We leave those on the field next week and SF beats us. Very soft coverage in the secondary. Could have been by choice but again Cincy LV MO will pick us apart unless we tighten up.

All in all a very solid win but one that should have been. I think we can win any game including the LV game left on our schedule and i also think that with the exeption of Temple we could lose them as well. Next week is huge if we win that game i think that we may actually beat Cincy and upset LV in a packed house.

It was great being back in town again and nice to enjoy a blow out for the first time since Reagan was president.

Last point what a beautiful night in Upstate. I cant wait for the time when we have another National Friday night game but this time the Dome is packed and we are looking to crack the top 10.

Go Cuse!!

Their D is not fantastic. They are decent and that's it. Our O was great last night but their D hasn't none anything special against anyone legit. Our D is much better. They also lost one of their better D players. Last night this was a combo of our O playing very very well against a decent but far from fantastic D.

Statistically they were 6th in the country. They were also first in the BE in sacks. I would say that's pretty good.

But didn't UConn have more talent than us? I thought we were supposed to have less anyone.

As to what Edsall left. That's actually a funny statement. Some of us said the same about what P left at SU. Others said bull, we were 6-6 and a bowl team when he left. Well UConn was a BCS team when P showed up. P was left more from top to bottom than he left himself.

Well, a few things.

First, the UConn BCS team was a BS BCS team. That team lost a player in a tragedy that caused a 3-4 team to pull a bunch of rabbits out of their hats to win the BE Championship. I think they beat USF in the last game to take the title without scoring an offensive TD.

And a lot of those guys were gone by last year - I'm pretty sure they lost their star RB and most important - and really the basis for my observation - it seems pretty obvious that they have had nothing at the QB position.

But, they are solid on defense, but we beat 'em.

I think I have said this year that the one team that we might out-talent in the BE was UConn, though I figured that top to bottom the talent levels of the two teams might be comparable.

I was on the field last night - the UConn QB is just not very good - he missed a lot of open guys and was no threat to run. He made the task of defending the Huskies much easier. And he's better than the three guys they had last year.

Hey, we played a great game. We played better and we won and that's the most important thing.

NO.NO.NO. It is NEVER the coach. It's talent and facilities. Period. You don't read this board enough.

;)
NO.NO.NO. It is NEVER the talent and facilities. It's the coach. Period. You don't read this board enough.

Statistically they were 6th in the country. They were also first in the BE in sacks. I would say that's pretty good.

Yes agreed and their D is better than people are giving it credit for. There was none of this talk about an average D before the game.

Uconn vs NC State (4-2)
gave up 258 yards and 10 points

Uconn vs Maryland (4-2)
gave up 205 yards and 21 pionts

Uconn vs Rutgers (6-0)
gave up 280 yards and 13 points

Uconn vs Syracuse (3-4)
gave up 502 yards and 40 points