Just visited the Rutgers.Ri*als board... | Syracusefan.com

Just visited the Rutgers.Ri*als board...

Louie&Bouie

Scout Team
Drove home from a week on Martha's Vineyard yesterday. Wasn't happy about missing the home opener, but my four boys and I listened to the game on XM the whole way while my wife slept content and tan in the front seat (don't worry, I gave my tickets away to a good friend, and all six were used).

I typically avoid our board for awhile after after a tough loss, as I hate to read the negativity. I troll opponents boards, figuring if I have to get pissed, might as well be non-Cuse fans...

Anyway, here are a few of my favorites from the Rutgers board, with my comments below each quote:

1. "So, let's see. We suck, but USF, Pitt and Syracuse definitely suck worse after 1 game. We are definitely going to win the conference."

Nothing like a mantra of "we suck less" to get you through a football season...they should trademark this, as it has been their theme since the wheel was invented.

2. "But the icing on the cake is that not only did PSU, Pitt and Cuse lose, but PSU lost by 10 to Ohio (we beat them 38-20), Pitt was BLOWN OUT by a AA team, and Syracuse lost in the most heartbreaking way possible.
Pretty solid. On to Howard."

Say it again...On to Howard.

3. "Re: Sewercuse vs Northwestern Game Thread
BHAHAHAHA!!!! YOU SHOULD SEE ME DANCING AND CHEERING WITH MY 14 MONTH LITTLE BOY, LIKE IT IS CHRISTMAS!"

I'd rather not. The last time I danced with one of my kids while watching a sporting event, my team was playing. And I wasn't watching it on TV.

4. "Re: Pitt - black horse of the big east...my ass
If we lose to them we're gonna look like s whether we mock them now or not. So we might as well."

Nothing says I'm a fan like we might as well mock them because we're going to look like morons anyway.

Can't wait to hang 30 on them and win our last conference game against them in their house.

Oh yeah, lest I forget. On to USC. And there, my friends, is the rub.

10 years ago, Rutgers wasn't relevant outside the Jersey Shore.

Their return to irrelevancy won't take another 10 years.

I mean this when I say no offense...but WHY THE HELL DO PEOPLE HERE overobsess with what Rutgirls and their board does/say?
Don't bother...you're wasting your time.
It's an obsession.
That's all you need to know. :crazy:

I could care less about other Big East teams. We won't be playing any of them(outside of Pitt) after this year. If Rutgers or whatever there called want to celebrate our loss let them. I have never met a Rutgers fan and have no clue what they are like, but the fact EVERY original Big East Football team outside of them has been invited to a new conference speaks volume to their program. I just want to win football games I have no clue who they played yesterday and I follow college football pretty hard so they must have beaten some scrub 1-AA team. I was happy with our offensive production yesterday and if we play like we did yesterday and don't turn the ball over we will beat Rutgers by 2 TDs and I have no clue how they did yesterday.

Alsacs -- FYI, Rutgers scraped by Tulane last night 24-12 before a SuperDome crowd of 159 or so. Not sure if those folks actually bought tickets or sneaked into the Dome before Isaac passed through and hadn't moved back onto the streets yet.

Can we at least troll boards of teams that are actually in big boy conferences next year? I'm so happy this Rutgers obsession will seemingly die out when we move next year.

Don't include me among those who are "obsessed" just because I knew the RU-Tulane score. I also know that Franklin & Marshall beat Washington & Lee by 7 points and Hobart shut-out Dickinson College. I just happen to care about Division III football.

Screen_Shot_2012_09_02_at_3_58_21_PM.png

Drove home from a week on Martha's Vineyard yesterday. Wasn't happy about missing the home opener, but my four boys and I listened to the game on XM the whole way while my wife slept content and tan in the front seat (don't worry, I gave my tickets away to a good friend, and all six were used).

I typically avoid our board for awhile after after a tough loss, as I hate to read the negativity. I troll opponents boards, figuring if I have to get pissed, might as well be non-Cuse fans...

Anyway, here are a few of my favorites from the Rutgers board, with my comments below each quote:

1. "So, let's see. We suck, but USF, Pitt and Syracuse definitely suck worse after 1 game. We are definitely going to win the conference."

Nothing like a mantra of "we suck less" to get you through a football season...they should trademark this, as it has been their theme since the wheel was invented.

2. "But the icing on the cake is that not only did PSU, Pitt and Cuse lose, but PSU lost by 10 to Ohio (we beat them 38-20), Pitt was BLOWN OUT by a AA team, and Syracuse lost in the most heartbreaking way possible.
Pretty solid. On to Howard."

Say it again...On to Howard.

3. "Re: Sewercuse vs Northwestern Game Thread
BHAHAHAHA!!!! YOU SHOULD SEE ME DANCING AND CHEERING WITH MY 14 MONTH LITTLE BOY, LIKE IT IS CHRISTMAS!"

I'd rather not. The last time I danced with one of my kids while watching a sporting event, my team was playing. And I wasn't watching it on TV.

4. "Re: Pitt - black horse of the big east...my ass
If we lose to them we're gonna look like s whether we mock them now or not. So we might as well."

Nothing says I'm a fan like we might as well mock them because we're going to look like morons anyway.

Can't wait to hang 30 on them and win our last conference game against them in their house.

Oh yeah, lest I forget. On to USC. And there, my friends, is the rub.
It's bad enough these mutants crawled out from underneath a rock at some superfund site in Jersey -- but to hear that they're reproducing is even more disturbing. At least they recognize two basic truths about Rutgers fans:

"...we're gonna look like s whether we mock them now or not."
"...we might as well mock them because we're going to look like morons anyway."

Honestly, these losers.

I look forward to whipping them for the third time in four years, giving them a final reminder about the pecking order in northeastern football before we move on to bigger and better things and leave them behind permanently.

It's bad enough these mutants crawled out from underneath a rock at some superfund site in Jersey -- but to hear that they're reproducing is even more disturbing. At least they recognize two basic truths about Rutgers fans:

"...we're gonna look like s whether we mock them now or not."
"...we might as well mock them because we're going to look like morons anyway."
It was not a Superfund site - it was a swamp.

"Somewhere in the swamps of Jersey" as Bruuuuce once penned.

Maxwell, I'm a little disappointed you didn't reference the Ithaca shutout of Moravian 24-0. Go Bombers! (F Cortland!)

The only reason I have the slighest concern about RU is that I am subjected to living in the state and I work a mile or so from their campus. I don't just want to see them lose, I want them to suffer. I want them to feel as if their plus sized governor fell on top of them and can't get up...struggling to breath and wondering what that stench is.

"Somewhere in the swamps of Jersey" as Bruuuuce once penned.

Maxwell, I'm a little disappointed you didn't reference the Ithaca shutout of Moravian 24-0. Go Bombers! (F Cortland!)

The only reason I have the slighest concern about RU is that I am subjected to living in the state and I work a mile or so from their campus. I don't just want to see them lose, I want them to suffer. I want them to feel as if their plus sized governor fell on top of them and can't get up...struggling to breath and wondering what that stench is.

But they are suffering mightily.And that thread is the indisputable evidence of it.

This Conference Realignment stuff has really got them down. It has exploded so many myths that they have depended upon for sustenance. So they are striking back at SU who they view as undeserving, Especially when they define the world of college football as having started in 2006.

And they have always wanted a "rivalry" with SU so they could hitchhike on our history and tradition. And the fact that all they ever got from us was derision has left a huge bad taste in their mouth.

No one in NJ asked for or wanted a "big time" football program. But now-disgraced RU AD Mulcahy tried to give them one in the hopes that they would flock to it. So the whole thing is based on a lie.

They have been left behind.

But they are suffering mightily.And that thread is the indisputable evidence of it.

This Conference Realignment stuff has really got them down. It has exploded so many myths that they have depended upon for sustenance. So they are striking back at SU who they view as undeserving, Especially when they define the world of college football as having started in 2006.

And they have always wanted a "rivalry" with SU so they could hitchhike on our history and tradition. And the fact that all they ever got from us was derision has left a huge bad taste in their mouth.

No one in NJ asked for or wanted a "big time" football program. But now-disgraced RU AD Mulcahy tried to give them one in the hopes that they would flock to it. So the whole thing is based on a lie.

They have been left behind.

Always well said. You describe that program and fan base to a T.

They have such an inflated self worth it's incredible. You can't claim that you played the 1st college football game and games outside of the last decade don't count in the same breath. Delusional.

They have such an inflated self worth it's incredible. You can't claim that you played the 1st college football game and games outside of the last decade don't count in the same breath. Delusional.

A brief history of college football:
1869: Rutgers plays in 1st college football game
1870-2005: No college football games were played during this 136 year period
2006: Rutgers wins National Championship*
2007-2011: All major bowl games were canceled in order to focus on minor bowl games in Birmingham, St. Pete, & Toronto
2012: Greg Schiano tragically killed while rescuing small children & puppies from burning building... did not leave for another job
2013: Rutgers leaves the Big East for the SEC, wins another Nat'l Championship

*= not officially recognized by any official organizations outside Rutgers booster club

They might benefit from reading the poetry of Robert Burns,

"And would some Power the small gift give us
To see ourselves as others see us!
It would from many a blunder free us, ...

A brief history of college football:
1869: Rutgers plays in 1st college football game
1870-2005: No college football games were played during this 136 year period
2006: Rutgers wins National Championship*
2007-2011: All major bowl games were canceled in order to focus on minor bowl games in Birmingham, St. Pete, & Toronto
2012: Greg Schiano tragically killed while rescuing small children & puppies from burning building... did not leave for another job
2013: Rutgers leaves Big East, goes indy for 3 minutes, calls SEC and asks them to join Rutgers, they accept on the spot, wins another Nat'l Championship

*= not officially recognized by any official organizations outside Rutgers booster club
FIFY

I hope Rutgers sticks with Nova long enough for us square up against him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom