Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syracuse basketball head coach Jim Boeheim refuted a report related to freshman point guard Kadary Richmond's decision to enter the transfer portal on Tuesday. Boeheim said in a text message that when he spoke with Richmond about next season, he characterized the opportunity for Richmond to crack the starting lineup as such: "The best player will start."

Danny Emerman of The Daily Orange reported earlier on Tuesday that Boeheim told Richmond that sophomore Joe Girard "is slated to start again next year," citing an anonymous source. Boeheim said that phrasing as "absolutely not true."

Richmond did not immediately respond to a private message sent early Tuesday afternoon.
JB is a old fool if he left it at that... all he had to do was simply add... “the best player will start...and I expect that player to be you” if you do what you need to do in the off-season to develop your jumper, etc.

Kadary was my favorite player on the team. I'm way less optimistic about last year's chances now.

Kid was truly a special talent at lead guard. It's bad enough that we lost on Saturday -- I can't even stand coming to the board anymore, with all of the bad news.

I'm sorry we'll never be able to see this kid really actualize his potential. He was a stud.
And we’ll have to watch him succeed somewhere else.

Nothing like how explosive the Butler guards. They did whatever they wanted. How many layups did Kadary get in the past 4-5 games? Butlers had more I just last nights game. He didn’t blow by anyone in the tournament. He had one dunk off a great pass from Marek. He drove twice against Houston and got called for two offensive fouls.
It's tough to be one of the most explosive PGs in the country at 6'5, which is why the perfect fits at the 1 in Boeheim's system usually don't have off the charts explosiveness.

The fact that Kadary is 6'5, can still get to the bucket, and can create for others makes this all the more frustrating.

Every direction. Former players, staff, university staff, alum, boosters, even a few players have voiced their opinion to him about it

This very well could be the beginning of the end if that’s the case. He obviously can’t and won’t ignore it. This isn’t like the “inconsequential” fans he likes to point out either. He’s risking alienating and losing former players wow.

Its happening to everyone and thats the only thing that kind of makes me feel a tiny bit better...but this one to me is mostly on JB. Its done and over with now so the only thing I care about seeing is our damn name being mentioned with the best available talent thats in the portal...and so far I dont see that happening so get on the damn phones JB! Need to start building the roster yesterday (and Jimmy Jr doesn't count...we need much more.)

I have a rule I live by in life, in poker and in business. I call it the Jim Rockford rule. Nothing makes no sense at all. If you look hard enough, somewhere along the lines, it makes sense. There is a reason Jb has stuck with joe that doesn't include that he is just a favorite. I have on idea what that reason is.

Dude plays favorites. Has always played favorites. Even his kids say he plays favorites. Go watch the Youtubes that Waters did with his kids during quarantine.

Lol.

JB: The best player will start next year Kadary
KR: What was the strategy this year coach?
JB: Just like next year, and every year that I have coached, the best player started.
KR: ...... I think I will be leaving now
JB: Already booked your flight.

JB can't be wrong. He won't allow it. Jesus, if you're going with the best player will start, then he believes Girard was better this season. And if you're going with that line then he needs to follow that with some effusive praise. Yeah, that ain't gonna happen. Can't be wrong. HOFer but the thinnest skin in hoops.

JB is a old fool if he left it at that... all he had to do was simply add... “the best player will start...and I expect that player to be you” if you do what you need to do in the off-season to develop your jumper, etc.
I 100% believe Jb on this one. No coach with any sense would tell a player he had no shot at starting. especially one you knew had one foot out the door to begin with. That would be crazy.

Right? Best player didn’t start this year. Why would anybody buy in at this point?
I really don’t think anybody can. His schtick of knowing everything about everything when it comes to basketball is done. He’s made incredibly false statements all season and then made decisions that cost this team games to get a better seed and cost us our only point guard.
He is a great coach, he is a hall of famer, he deserves all of praise he’s ever received here. But he’s wrong, there is literally zero evidence with this Joe and Kadary thing to make me believe he directly chose to play the lesser player for his selfish reasons. I’ve thought this all season and I hated to do it but I brought up the race card about it. What bulldog posted in this thread cemented everything I needed to know about the point guard position, we sat a kid who could’ve won us more games. Simple.

We've replaced Pearl Washington, Sherman Douglas, Billy Owens, Wes Johnson, Fab Melo, and so on. Kadary was an exciting young player, but we will be ok. The portal has plenty of options.
Which we will strike out on all of them lol.

This very well could be the beginning of the end if that’s the case. He obviously can’t and won’t ignore it. This isn’t like the “inconsequential” fans he likes to point out either. He’s risking alienating and losing former players wow.
Problem is based on how he has acted in the past when he feels second-guessed, he just doubles down.

Dude plays favorites. Has always played favorites. Even his kids say he plays favorites. Go watch the Youtubes that Waters did with his kids during quarantine.
LOL Favorites that he thinks are the best players. you don't believe he wants to win more than you do? Every kid that has ever sat on the bench has said that the coach played favorites. It's the same old song.

Lol.

JB: The best player will start next year Kadary
KR: What was the strategy this year coach?
JB: Just like next year, and every year that I have coached, the best player started.
KR: ... I think I will be leaving now
JB: Already booked your flight.
This made me laugh...thank you! Post of the day for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom