Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn’t complain about his minutes because of our record this year. But the best player didn’t start then, the best player didn’t start this year and if Kadary stayed the best player wouldn’t have started next year.

It’s a dumb statement because it’s just not true.
What's not true? you just complained about the starting line up for a team that went 34-3. That's true. the kid left. he wasn't happy here probably for a number of reasons. PT being one of them. be careful. this reminds me a lot of the coach p must go movement. And we have seen how that has worked out haven't we?

No one is going to even remeber Kadary whatshisname next season when we have Jimmy Boehim and Joe Girard starting, wearing matching mumus, and calling timeouts to order Chick fil a in-game on Grubhub.
I see this news brought out the big gun to posting.
Like this.

ClumsyIdleCrane-max-1mb.gif

you don't know what he said. I trust Jimmy over a DO reporter and it appears the DO reporter got it wrong. of course, Jimmy would say the opportunity is there but nothing is given. if Kadary didnt like that then good riddance.
If Kadary didn’t like it, it’s probably because he smells the BS. Best PG didn’t start this year.

What's not true? you just complained about the starting line up for a team that went 34-3. That's true. the kid left. he wasn't happy here probably for a number of reasons. PT being one of them. be careful. this reminds me a lot of the coach p must go movement. And we have seen how that has worked out haven't we?
The statement of “the best player will start” is false, the best player doesn’t always start.

If he’d started since December like he should have, would he be leaving?
I( don't know and neither do you. I do know that starters are leaving teams all over the country. The center from G-town just left. He started. I have no idea what kind of kid Kadary is. I have no idea what is important to him. We put our values on other people and that is a very dangerous thing to do.

I'm sorry True Believer. Do you think that Joe was better than Kadary? If the answer to that is no then yes, Kadary good, Boeheim bad.
I’m just here for the H0T Takes. I don’t want to miss anything before the thread gets locked. True Believer, that’s funny.

The statement of “the best player will start” is false, the best player doesn’t always start.
In whose judgment? Other than Dion, start naming the guys that should have started and didn't and name the guys that should have sat behind them. It has to be more than 1 or 2, right?

Now that is a believable version of the Boeheim conversation that could easily be misconstrued by an eager journalist or misrepresented by a frustrated kid.
I’ve literally heard him give that argument in at least 1 presser so it’s my guess at what happened

Kadary: Coach I would to know if I have a legit shot at starting next year

JB: Kadary, you know I’ll always start the best players but I want you to think about something. In 2012 Dion Waiters didn’t start, heck didn’t average 30 mins a game but went on to a historically great season and got drafted in the first round and has made $50mm in the league. Who starts isn’t even important.

Kadary: Ok coach, thanks

I bet a years worth of mortgage payments this is very close to how it went down.

Last edited:
He didn’t sit! His playing time increased exponentially over the course of the season. He was on the court at the end of most games and most halves, until the tendinitis really slowed him in the last couple of weeks, particularly the ACC tourney. I just don’t think playing time is the issue. Kadary believes in himself and I gotta believe he knows he would beat out Joe for the starting spot after an off-season of work on his jumper and conditioning. Boeheim constantly praised him. Look at the two Athletic articles I just posted. JB would have promoted him to starting PG if he did what he needed to do in the off-season.
Apparently Jim didn't make that case to KR as well as he should have.

People keep mentioning all the transfers happening everywhere and not being immune to it and thats totally fair. They keep saying we will be ok and bring in talent and thats probably true. The main problem is that means everyone is ok with the same guard lineup getting the bulk of the minutes again because a stud guard is not coming here knowing the situation. If you think that Buddy/Joe up top of the zone is the winning combo then yes...we will be fine! We have a stud wing player coming and thats great but it doesn't change our guard situation.

Everybody but the head coaches? But even Jim knew Kadary was better, how many times did Kadary come in with a deficit and leave with a lead? I’m guessing many more than Joe did.
I don't want to be stuck on the other side of this argument but JB sees them both everyday. And there is a reason other than JB likes Joe that he made the decision to play him.

I'm 100% sure JB said to Kadary "the best player will start"

I'm 100% sure Kadary heard JB say "the best player (based on my opinion only) will start"

Kadary knew JB saying that was basically JB's way of saying he wasn't going to start again next year. So he threw his keys to the Melo Center on JB's desk and left the building.

Everybody but the head coaches? But even Jim knew Kadary was better, how many times did Kadary come in with a deficit and leave with a lead? I’m guessing many more than Joe did.

the best player always plays when we’re tied with seconds left vs Virginia with a probable tourney spot on the line.

exactly right. Probably the end of the DO reporters being asked any questions. Young kid in a hurry to get a scoop got it wrong. I am sure Jimmy told Joe the same thing. best player will start. if Kadary cant handle that then sad to see him go but its for the best
But what hand motions did JB use?

"Joe, the best player will start" (best in air quotes)
"Kadary, the best player will start" (points at the framed picture of Joe on his desk)

People keep mentioning all the transfers happening everywhere and not being immune to it and thats totally fair. They keep saying we will be ok and bring in talent and thats probably true. The main problem is that means everyone is ok with the same guard lineup getting the bulk of the minutes again because a stud guard is not coming here knowing the situation. If you think that Buddy/Joe up top of the zone is the winning combo then yes...we will be fine! We have a stud wing player coming and thats great but it doesn't change our guard situation.
You don't think Buddy is good? I think he will be an all acc player. And if you haven't noticed, his defense got a lot better to.

I'm 100% sure JB said to Kadary "the best player will start"

I'm 100% sure Kadary heard JB say "the best player (based on my opinion only) will start"

Kadary knew JB saying that was basically JB's way of saying he wasn't going to start again next year. So he threw his keys to the Melo Center on JB's desk and left the building.
Yep. There’s no way JB said Joe will start. JB said the best player will start, but Kadary knows he was the best player this year too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom