Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal | Page 55 | Syracusefan.com

Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t link it but he says that he wanted to go somewhere where he could play without restrictions. And also “ One thing I can show people now is that I actually have the ability to shoot the basketball.

Here is a snippet from the Athletic.

I just felt like I wanted to go somewhere I could play without restrictions and have a chance to showcase my game,” Richmond told The Athletic on Tuesday afternoon. “Like, not having to think about certain things out there on the basketball court. More freedom. I learned a lot of things here. One thing I can show people now is that I actually have the ability to shoot the basketball.”

If this new transfer waiver was the norm 40 years ago, I doubt Jb would survive to a second contract.
Cmon man. The criticism for Kadary and the last couple of years is fair game.

I will defend JB on his legacy.
The guy has become more stubborn but what JB did building this program is pretty damn impressive and takes a helluva coach to accomplish.

The portal is out of control. With that said we should have never lost Kadary Richmond.

This is probably the biggest issue for JB going forward.

80s JB would thrive in this environment. Just roll the balls out and let them play. Now obviously he didn’t just do that, but those teams were more free flowing.

The zone brings in restrictions on how you play, and these kids come from the AAU world where it’s free flowing and show off your skill set.

We’re probably making too much out of today’s exit interview. If KR’s reasons are to be believed then this bed was made throughout the course of the entire season. If you can’t stand how you’ve been treated all year then nothing short of a JB apology today would make any difference.

The only difference between woody and kadary might be that one took the high road and the other didn’t.

I was shocked and sadden when I got the tweet this morning. Kadary was one of the keys to success next year. I know all you JB supporters say go get another Kadary our of the portal but that is going to be hard for SU. JB simply needs to go. I wish so much Hop took over when he was suppose to. I'd even take the ups and downs he has had at Washington. His players can relate to him they can't to JB. When some of these teams lose you see the love between the coach and players. Their is no love on this team except with is son. He coaches half the players different than the other half. Doesn't play the best players maybe because the fans and media ask him about it? 100% zone 24/7. The doghouse. We can go on and on why this team won't be a powerhouse again while he is still the coach. The Sweet 16 runs are fun but just mask the fact that he has turned the powerhouse he built into a bubble team year in and year out. We will miss you Kadary and I wish coach would of recognized you were the best PG on this team and played you according and fought to keep you here.

Posting this here. It’s also in the Woody thread.

As Briancuse said, we toss in Benny and Jimmy JR and Julie into it too. Add in Jamie. Hell, Brian too for third guard. Does Sean Williams still play? Good length, could use it. Wouldn't mind the staff reaching out.

If this new transfer waiver was the norm 40 years ago, I doubt Jb would survive to a second contract.
How can you possibly give a final grade on this event when Free Agency has just begun? Give the man some time.

He's been putting together winning teams throughout decades of change, I wouldn't bet against him just yet.

The funny part is, he actually shot better from 2, and the same percentage from 3 then our starter that is a shooter

As Briancuse said, we toss in Benny and Jimmy JR and Julie into it too. Add in Jamie. Hell, Brian too for third guard. Does Sean Williams still play? Good length, could use it. Wouldn't mind the staff reaching out.
They have a lot of work to do!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors