Kadary, the savior | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Kadary, the savior

JB gonna JB. He’s been doing the same thing for decades. Very rarely does he pull the more senior player in favor of the younger, more talented player, especially at guard.

He’d probably have 100 more wins and another NC if he could figure out how to substitute players.

Jalen Carey would beg to differ.

This year, the offense is running better when KR is in control and getting it to the right people. It will be interesting to see how KR and BB play together at the top.

With this combination in the backcourt, let's hope we are more effective at stopping dribble penetration. I love JGIII, but he lacks the length and quickness for the top of our zone. Offensively, he is more of a pure shooter rather than dynamic playmaker as KR. He should be used to give KR and BB rest so nobody needs to play 33+ minutes.

The minute split is going to be interesting because I firmly believe Buddy is playing no less than 35 a night which leaves JG3 - if and its a big IF - about 15 a night if JB makes a rotation change.

Kadary more than anyone seems to get gassed easily so watching him will be key as fatigue makes cowards of us all.
Which makes no sense.
Buddy automatically at 35 is just stupid.

He is a good shooter. Who plays slightly better defense than Girard.
I would love to see Newton continuing playing as well.

Buddy averaging at 35 MPG during conference is just arrogance..

Which makes no sense.
Buddy automatically at 35 is just stupid.

He is a good shooter. Who plays slightly better defense than Girard.
I would love to see Newton continuing playing as well.

Buddy averaging at 35 MPG during conference is just arrogance..
I'm fine with it.

I think Buddy is going to look like a much better defender alongside Kadary.

I'm fine with it.

Why is Buddy Boeheim getting 35 MPG if he starts a game 1 for 5? When Newton can come in and give us better defense and can go 1 for 5 and the team can have fresher players?

Richmond is more important for this team’s potential than Buddy.
The better player under JB logic should be playing more.

I'm fine with it.

Yeah - Buddy is taller & longer ;) and while he’ll never be Sr. Andy Rautins on D, he could - eventually - be a poor man’s version of that.

Which - paired with Kadary - would actually be a pretty solid top of the zone.

JGIII is short, slow, and ‘stupid’ (on D) - which is no way to go thru life, son.

I’m hesitant to even say this, but if JB does have a tight leash on Richmond, and none on Joe, will that be the turning point for the fanbase? I can’t watch Joe throw more games away. He lacks bball iq with his shot selection, below average passing and abysmal defense.

At least there wont be any jeers in the Dome.

There are times when Joe is on, and there are times when he's not. Usually you know within the first few minutes. Richmond needs to play a lot and I'd rather take our lumps with him because his ceiling is really high. Joe is a really good four year player who did more as a freshman than a lot of our great four year players.

Why is Buddy Boeheim getting 35 MPG if he starts a game 1 for 5? When Newton can come in and give us better defense and can go 1 for 5 and the team can have fresher players?

Richmond is more important for this team’s potential than Buddy.
The better player under JB logic should be playing more.
I mean the thing with Buddy is that he has shown he can get crazy hot and score points in bunches. And it happens pretty frequently.

Plus, at this point, if Buddy is 1-5, are you really worried? I'm not. Unfortunately, if Joe's 1-5 I think that's just the kind of game he's having. He's not really turning it around.

I mean the thing with Buddy is that he has shown he can get crazy hot and score points in bunches. And it happens pretty frequently.

Plus, at this point, if Buddy is 1-5, are you really worried? I'm not. Unfortunately, if Joe's 1-5 I think that's just the kind of game he's having. He's not really turning it around.
Buddy is hot or cold.

He will have huge games or bad games.

The idea he just gets to play 35 because he can get hot is why all the players this year getting a free year sucks.

Buddy Boeheim is a role player on a good team. He isn’t a all-conference level player yet.
How do we know if Wayne Newton got to all the minutes Buddy he couldn’t be really hot in some games and cold in other games.

Again metrics analyze the entire game of a player not just making 3’s.
I like him as a player I don’t like him as averaging 35 MPG player.
His defense proves that.

Buddy is hot or cold.

He will have huge games or bad games.

The idea he just gets to play 35 because he can get hot is why all the players this year getting a free sucks.

Buddy Boeheim is a role player on a good team. He isn’t a all-conference level player yet.
How do we know if Wayne Newton got to all the minutes Buddy he couldn’t be really hot in some games and cold in our games.

Again metrics analyze the entire game of a player not just making 3’s.
I like him as a player I don’t like him as averaging 35 MPG player.
His defense proves that.

He averaged 15 ppg last year.

IMO, he’s probably - 17-18 ppg type guy this year and one of the better 3 point shooters out there. That’s a 30+ type guy IMO.

He averaged 15 ppg last year.

IMO, he’s probably - 17-18 ppg type guy this year and one of the better 3 point shooters out there. That’s a 30+ type guy IMO.
He averaged 15 PPG and you know what his W/S were? 2.9

A W/S of 2.5 is an average player in relation to college basketball.

All those minutes and his defense make him less valuable.

Elijah Hughes W/S last year was 4.8.

The minutes Buddy plays actually hurt his game.
We actually have depth this year. No excuses for him to play 35MPG.

If I had my druthers, he’d probably be around 31-32.

If we have a 35 mpg type of guy - a guy who can contribute consistently across the board and doesn’t seem to get noticeably tired, it’s looking like it’s Quincy.

He's 78 years old. Not sure I want to use a scholarship on him. Maybe preferred walk on?
I get your point but Buddy’s playing time needs to be reasonable.

His defense isn’t good. He can shoot.

If I had my druthers, he’d probably be around 31-32.

If we have a 35 mpg type of guy - a guy who can contribute consistently across the board and doesn’t seem to get noticeably tired, it’s looking like it’s Quincy.
Those minutes make a difference.
We play a lot of close games.

15 ppg with the guy running the point being either freshman Girard who struggled mightily to gain separation and draw attention of the defense, or a converted Elijah Hughes who was often forced to play 1 v 1 hero ball and not looking to pass. Shooting 37% from 3 in those conditions is impressive. How much were his percentages from 3 impacted by an offense that severely lacked ball movement and multiple threats? How many of his seemingly cold games were due to him having to heave up contested threes due to the lack of other guys who can create offense? Surely you see his stock/statistical what-have-you rising when we have a guy who can drive and dish like Kadary running things right?

Kadary needs to tighten the handle up. Two, maybe three times last night he had his dribble interrupted by a defender when he was trying to make a move. And I have no idea what we was trying to do on what should have been an easy rebound and putback in the second half...was he trying a one hand rebound and dunk? can’t happen.
That was a costly miss. And there was no one around so he had plenty of time to come down with it and go back up.

15 ppg with the guy running the point being either freshman Girard who struggled mightily to gain separation and draw attention of the defense, or a converted Elijah Hughes who was often forced to play 1 v 1 hero ball and not looking to pass. Shooting 37% from 3 in those conditions is impressive. How much were his percentages from 3 impacted by an offense that severely lacked ball movement and multiple threats? How many of his seemingly cold games were due to him having to heave up contested threes due to the lack of other guys who can create offense? Surely you see his stock/statistical what-have-you rising when we have a guy who can drive and dish like Kadary running things right?
I haven’t said he is a terrible player.
He isn’t a superstar.

He shouldn’t be playing 35 MPG.
His defense isn’t good enough for that.

Tyus Battle couldn’t shoot like buddy but he did average 17 and 19 PPG.

His minutes went from 39 to 36 with Buddy on the team.
Buddy’s should go from 35 to 32.

We have depth.

The usages rates for our players actually hurts them.

He's 78 years old. Not sure I want to use a scholarship on him. Maybe preferred walk on?
The 51 year old me wants us all to call him Wayne, because the 15 year old me still chuckles a little bit every damned time I see a post with Woody, and hard, or penetration, or stroke...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom