Kadary, the savior | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Kadary, the savior

That was a costly miss. And there was no one around so he had plenty of time to come down with it and go back up.

I’ll cut him some slack for that.
He was - in theory - in amongst the trees.
Probably thought the D was closer than they actually were, and rushed the putback, afraid it would be blocked.

I’ll cut him some slack for that.
He was - in theory - in amongst the trees.
Probably thought the D was closer than they actually were, and rushed the putback, afraid it would be blocked.
Me too. I think he was not high enough to fully dunk the ball and couldn't decide what to do, so he rushed it. I just love the idea of a guard going after offensive boards.

Newton isn't going to play much guard here. He will be the 3rd forward for now. Griffin is more likely to be the 4th guard.

I think there's a good chance Buddy ends up our leading scorer with Kadary as the PG. Probably he or Griffin.

He's going to get a lot of good shots and make them at a decent rate.

I haven’t said he is a terrible player.
He isn’t a superstar.

He shouldn’t be playing 35 MPG.
His defense isn’t good enough for that.

Tyus Battle couldn’t shoot like buddy but he did average 17 and 19 PPG.

His minutes went from 39 to 36 with Buddy on the team.
Buddy’s should go from 35 to 32.

We have depth.

The usages rates for our players actually hurts them.

All things equal I'd rather have a Buddy type 2 guard on offense. Battles game was outdated and really wasn't that fun to watch from an aesthetic standpoint. I know its controversial in these parts, but people called Griffin a black hole last night and Battle really wasn't any different except it was from 19 feet and not 25. Obviously he got screwed playing with less offensive talent.

All things equal I'd rather have a Buddy type 2 guard on offense. Battles game was outdated and really wasn't that fun to watch from an aesthetic standpoint. I know its controversial in these parts, but people called Griffin a black hole last night and Battle really wasn't any different except it was from 19 feet and not 25. Obviously he got screwed playing with less offensive talent.
I don’t disagree.

Battle’s defense was better than Buddy’s though.

It’s inconsistent for defense to matter all these years and now shooting matters the most.
When you can cut the playing time up and have both. Which we can this year.

Great player.

But I guess its going to automatically be the other 4 guys on the floors fault if guys are left wide open with noone near them on the 3 point line. Seems like hes either making a great play and a hetty steal on D or he loses his man. Last night though wasn't an easy game with his backcourt partner getting burned regularly and taking terrible shots and he played very well.

I don’t disagree.

Battle’s defense was better than Buddy’s though.

It’s inconsistent for defense to matter all these years and now shooting matters the most.
When you can cut the playing time up and have both. Which we can this year.

I'm sure he will sit more than last year, but that it won't be because of Newton. Newton is probably the 5th guard with a full roster.

I haven’t said he is a terrible player.
He isn’t a superstar.

He shouldn’t be playing 35 MPG.
His defense isn’t good enough for that.

Tyus Battle couldn’t shoot like buddy but he did average 17 and 19 PPG.

His minutes went from 39 to 36 with Buddy on the team.
Buddy’s should go from 35 to 32.

We have depth.

The usages rates for our players actually hurts them.

Yeah.

Even Braswell looks like a player. He was great at the end of the 1H.

Guys 8-10 in our current rotation might be better than the starters. This has not been the case in recent years when the JB doghouse figures were unplayable and 40 mins/night from starters was justifiable.

Just so I'm not starting a new thread, just some notes on Kadary's year so far:

He leads the team in steals, blocks and assists in totals.

He is at the following averages:
8.5 pts
50% FG
5.0 Rbs
4.8 Assists
3.3 Steals
1.0 blocks

Very excited for his future here.

I would go so far to say he will be VERY good at basketball.

All joking aside, he's my favorite player on this team. I'm on the Kadary bandwagon.
He's pretty much everything we could have hoped he would be.

Woody Newton has exceeded expectations. I'm trying to not get too excited about what he brings.

He's pretty much everything we could have hoped he would be.

Woody Newton has exceeded expectations. I'm trying to not get too excited about what he brings.

Kudos to JB and crew for this freshman class. I've been disappointed lately, but bringing in this class, including AG as a transfer, is going to lead us to a lot of wins.

Yeah.

Even Braswell looks like a player. He was great at the end of the 1H.

Guys 8-10 in our current rotation might be better than the starters. This has not been the case in recent years when the JB doghouse figures were unplayable and 40 mins/night from starters was justifiable.

Braswell was ‘great’? Are you serious? He had a layup off a good pass. What exactly did he do that constituted greatness?

Braswell was ‘great’? Are you serious? He had a layup off a good pass. What exactly did he do that constituted greatness?

Steal at the other end,

He was the reason we got into the half only down 5.

His sample size is tiny. But I want him getting 10+ per night. I don't really love Alan as a 35+ guy.

Steal at the other end,

He was the reason we got into the half only down 5.

His sample size is tiny. But I want him getting 10+ per night. I don't really love Alan as a 35+ guy.

Unless he starts knocking down 3’s Id rather just give those minutes to Woody at this point, from what I’ve seen.

Assuming Braswell is looking good in practice, I like getting him in there for a couple minutes at least because he is athletic and hustles on D, but he’s gotta start sticking his 3’s when he gets looks to get more time. He hasn’t showed anything to get 10 mpg yet. IMO.

Unless he starts knocking down 3’s Id rather just give those minutes to Woody at this point, from what I’ve seen.

Assuming Braswell is looking good in practice, I like getting him in there for a couple minutes at least because he is athletic and hustles on D, but he’s gotta start sticking his 3’s when he gets looks to get more time. He hasn’t showed anything to get 10 mpg yet. IMO.

I'm an Earl fan, but -

until and unless he's playing better and doing more than Woody, then Woody should get the minutes.
And right now, Woody is actually consistently doing good things in the minutes he does get.
Shooting well, playing (mostly) good D, rebounding, etc.
Earl, much less so.

Even late, when Woody was in for the press, and his guy got by him -
he BUSTED ASS to get back down court as fast as possible to get back on D, and the Rutgers player had to pull it back out, and reset their O.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom