Kadary, the savior | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Kadary, the savior

Steal at the other end,

He was the reason we got into the half only down 5.

His sample size is tiny. But I want him getting 10+ per night. I don't really love Alan as a 35+ guy.

maybe ‘a’ reason but not ‘the’ reason. He has gotten minutes in every game and he has been laying bricks. He is supposedly a shooter and if given opportunities he had better start converting some shots. The window of opportunities for him is small. Not saying that’s fair but it’s just the way it is.

This makes sense. Think about it from JB's perspective. It's a Covid year that has directly impacted him and the team. KR is good but is not in game shape (excuse or not) however it's undeniable that he has impressed when on the court. Given the year, JB is going with veteran leadership, it's a percentages game this early in the season and very much in line with his philosophy on the zone (hot shooters will eventually fizzle out and come back to the percentages).

KR keeps it up AND if the team is consistently able to practice then I expect he gets the starting nod after New Years. However, if there continue to be Covid disruptions then I think JB rides JGIII until proven otherwise.

Girard is in awful shape

Unless he starts knocking down 3’s Id rather just give those minutes to Woody at this point, from what I’ve seen.

Assuming Braswell is looking good in practice, I like getting him in there for a couple minutes at least because he is athletic and hustles on D, but he’s gotta start sticking his 3’s when he gets looks to get more time. He hasn’t showed anything to get 10 mpg yet. IMO.

Come on how brainwashed are you on Boeheimism that 35-40 for the starters is a good thing.

We have a good second unit where there’s not a ton of drop off. They need to play. Guys like Buddy are not supposed to play 40 mins. Even Kadary is clearly not at that leve right now from the coaches comments.

Woody and Braswell need regular run. Center minutes are still tbd.

Come on how brainwashed are you on Boeheimism that 35-40 for the starters is a good thing.

We have a good second unit where there’s not a ton of drop off. They need to play. Guys like Buddy are not supposed to play 40 mins. Even Kadary is clearly not at that leve right now from the coaches comments.

Woody and Braswell need regular run. Center minutes are still tbd.

Your reply has absolutely nothing to do with what I said. The hell are you flapping about?

He lacks bball iq with his shot selection, below average passing and abysmal defense.
Wait - we’re now talking basketball IQ?
Griffin made some exceptionally bad (low IQ) plays.
Marek missing floaters because his legs were tired is high basketball IQ?
Allowing pudgy boy to camp out in the perimeter while the defense collapses is...?
And Boeheim sticking with non-centers is... IQ?

Wait - we’re now talking basketball IQ?
Griffin made some exceptionally bad (low IQ) plays.
Marek missing floaters because his legs were tired is high basketball IQ?
Allowing pudgy boy to camp out in the perimeter while the defense collapses is...?
And Boeheim sticking with non-centers is... IQ?
I was talking Joe. Only Joe.

Your reply has absolutely nothing to do with what I said. The hell are you flapping about?

We should demand that our good players who aren't in the top 6-7 get at least 10 minutes per night no questions asked.

We have been conditioned to think only 6 guys should play because we only have 6 guys on the roster who don't suck. Not this year.

There is no way Buddy Boeheim is so good that Woody should be glued to the bench for the entire 2H because the games close.

Braswell needs minutes on the wing each half. How much he should eat into Alans is still TBD but he needs to play.

Centers IDK. 2 of them are weaker and skinnier than Marek, Sid is out, and Frankie hasn't gotten much run. I don't have a take on what we should do there. But I am going to be furious if we have more games where Bras and Woody get no second half run at all and we watch gassed Buddy and Joe blow a lead late cause they haven't gotten a breather.

We should demand that our good players who aren't in the top 6-7 get at least 10 minutes per night no questions asked.

We have been conditioned to think only 6 guys should play because we only have 6 guys on the roster who don't suck. Not this year.

There is no way Buddy Boeheim is so good that Woody should be glued to the bench for the entire 2H because the games close.

Braswell needs minutes on the wing each half. How much he should eat into Alans is still TBD but he needs to play.

Centers IDK. 2 of them are weaker and skinnier than Marek, Sid is out, and Frankie hasn't gotten much run. I don't have a take on what we should do there. But I am going to be furious if we have more games where Bras and Woody get no second half run at all and we watch gassed Buddy and Joe blow a lead late cause they haven't gotten a breather.

And all I’m saying is that if Braswell doesn’t hit shots, then I’m good with those minutes going to Woody instead. I’m not sure what that has to do with playing 6.

I don’t mind playing only 6 the lion’s share of the minutes if they are evenly distributed. Few years ago smu basically only played 6 but they all played and rotated effectively.

Buddy is hot or cold.

He will have huge games or bad games.

The idea he just gets to play 35 because he can get hot is why all the players this year getting a free year sucks.

Buddy Boeheim is a role player on a good team. He isn’t a all-conference level player yet.
How do we know if Wayne Newton got to all the minutes Buddy he couldn’t be really hot in some games and cold in other games.

Again metrics analyze the entire game of a player not just making 3’s.
I like him as a player I don’t like him as averaging 35 MPG player.
His defense proves that.
Wayne Newton? Isn’t he dead?

Talent this year leaves NO excuse for Buddy/Joe playing 40"
I'll be disappointed if Kadary and Woody don't play in both halves of every game.
Buddy/Joe should max around 30" -not elite athletes so could improve their games vs 40" fatigue.

Buddy's current status = Exhibit A for another reason to play promising backups this crazy year.
Game-to-game, don't know what players you suddenly have in quarantine. Get them ready!

Here's hoping it's JB is telling him to "be a little more aggressive." I think he is trying hard to fit into the flow of the offense. I'd like to see him be more aggressive beating his man off the dribble and getting into the lane. This is his strength - dynamic playmaking off the dribble creating for others or getting his own shot.

Here's hoping it's JB is telling him to "be a little more aggressive." I think he is trying hard to fit into the flow of the offense. I'd like to see him be more aggressive beating his man off the dribble and getting into the lane. This is his strength - dynamic playmaking off the dribble creating for others or getting his own shot.

Good news is he did that a lot more in the second half.

I agree, although I think too often the lane has been clogged, especially in the Rutgers game. Griffin is a good shooter, but with JGIII not being able to throw the ball in the ocean it’s more difficult to spread the floor. With Buddy back hopefully it will free up more room for Kadary to get in the lane and finish himself.

He will. He needed to prove it first on the floor AND the team needed to play better with him in there. Both of those things are happening. Buddy being out was a blessing in disguise because it accelerated a process that I think was inevetiable. Some of Kadary's skills are elite.
Based on Game 1, I’d hate having to contemplate what we’d be watching right now had Buddy NOT gotten shelved. Would we’ve seen Kadary for these long stretches, or gotten a look at Woody’s obvious potential? Or would we be griping about Buddy/JG3 getting the lion’s share of PT, even while playing horribly on both O & D.
I fear JB is more reactive than anything else, especially when it comes to developing a bench. He’ll play people if he absolutely has to, but not as a matter of policy. JMHO

Based on Game 1, I’d hate having to contemplate what we’d be watching right now had Buddy NOT gotten shelved. Would we’ve seen Kadary for these long stretches, or gotten a look at Woody’s obvious potential? Or would we be griping about Buddy/JG3 getting the lion’s share of PT, even while playing horribly on both O & D.
I fear JB is more reactive than anything else, especially when it comes to developing a bench. He’ll play people if he absolutely has to, but not as a matter of policy. JMHO
Said we can expect to see Kadary 15-20 minutes per game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom