Kadary transferring to Seton Hall | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Kadary transferring to Seton Hall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seton Hall cannot win in the tournament period.

A big part of winning in the tournament is program culture. You can say we have struggled in the regular season, but we have the same amount of tourney wins as Duke and UK the last 5 seasons.

Our last 5 seasons would have been the 2nd best era in Seton Hall basketball history and thats with us at our lowest point and Seton Hall at one of their higher points.

And don’t be surprised if Willard screws up next year with Seton Hall. He is not a good coach.
I don’t think Seton Hall is a good program at all.

The point is our fanbase doesn’t realize how close the regular seasons have been.
Of course the postseason matters and that is undisputed we have done well in the postseason.

You get what I am saying. I don’t think if we switched schedules with them our record and their record is not much different.

Now we win in the tournament and that is to the credit of our HC but if we were better in the regular season our chances to win a NC would be higher.

Sweet 16 is nice when you are a double digit seed. Finishing top 4 in the conference means we are a NC contender.

That would be nice. I understand this is a “Golden” age for Seton Hall and it’s been our nadir but actually being a good regular season team would be nice.

Last edited:
I don’t think Seton Hall is a good program at all.

The point is our fanbase doesn’t his close the regular seasons have been.
Of course the postseason matters and that is undisputed we have done well in the postseason.

You get what I am saying. I don’t think if we switched schedules with them our record and their record is not much different.

Now we win in the tournament and that is to the credit of our HC but if we were better in the regular season our chances to win a NC would be higher.

Sweet 16 is nice when you are a double digit seed. Finishing top 4 in the conference means we are a NC contender.

That would be nice. I understand this is a “Golden” age for Seton Hall and it’s been our nadir but actually being a good regular season team would be nice.

Obviously it’s not our best stretch by any imagination, but even our worst stretch has produced some success. They won 25 games the year we went to the FF and got blown out by a Gonzaga team we beat in the sweet 16.

And I will trust the HoF coach who perfected the defense on his way to multiple final fours over random Internet guy

thought that was better left unsaid
The HC went out of his way in a press conference to take shots at Kadary’s play after the team had won a game against Boston College.
Good job Cusian way to open that with your point.

Almost every single game the analysts said Kadary should play more and praised him but some internet guy has a take you disagree so say JB knows better.
Why did he trash Kadary when he played poorly but not when he played well?

Internet guys need to know.

Obviously it’s not our best stretch by any imagination, but even our worst stretch has produced some success. They won 25 games the year we went to the FF and got blown out by a Gonzaga team we beat in the sweet 16.
If all we care about is the tournament now then fine. That is the expectations for the program.
I will lower my expectations.
Seton Hall is irrelevant.
That isn’t the point.

The point our fans want to trash the selection of Seton Hall and they don’t realize how close the regular seasons have been recently.
That is being done to circle the wagons behind the HC.
That doesn’t need to be done.
When narratives matter more than what is happening.

I don’t think Seton Hall will win chit. It’s the fanboys driving this thread.
We need more posters like you and Dasher.

No narratives.

You overrate the ACC then.
The Big East plays a true round robin.
The ACC has Duke, North Carolina and Virginia and then a bunch mediocre teams. Schedules can be more manageable based on the draw.

The Big East your schedule is set.

Our results wouldn’t be much different if we played Seton Hall’s schedule and they played ours.
We are arrogant and disrespecting the Big East to think differently.
Creighton, Butler, Xavier are a good middle clsss.
The ACC is definitely more top heavy and good conference just like the Big East, Big Ten.
Florida St. is mediocre? Louisville?

If all we care about is the tournament now then fine. That is the expectations for the program.
I will lower my expectations.
Seton Hall is irrelevant.
That isn’t the point.

The point our fans want to trash the selection of Seton Hall and they don’t realize how close the regular seasons have been recently.
That is being done to circle the wagons behind the HC.
That doesn’t need to be done.
When narratives matter more than what is happening.

I don’t think Seton Hall will win chit. It’s the fanboys driving this thread.
We need more posters like you and Dasher.

No narratives.
Smooch, smooch, smooch, Dashers butt hasn't seen this much attention in a while I bet.

Florida St. is mediocre? Louisville?
Sorry I didn’t list the entire conference I put 3 teams on both sides.

Add Marquette and Villanova to the Big East and Florida State and Louisville to the ACC.

I left out Marquette and Villanova for the Big East:

Good god. It didn’t weaken chit.
You left out Villanova from what? Your list of the Big East’s middle class?

Well, yeah.

The HC went out of his way in a press conference to take shots at Kadary’s play after the team had won a game against Boston College.
Good job Cusian way to open that with your point.

Almost every single game the analysts said Kadary should play more and praised him but some internet guy has a take you disagree so say JB knows better.
Why did he trash Kadary when he played poorly but not when he played well?

Internet guys need to know.
My guess is that Kadary was capable of more and needed more pushing and less carrot. I took the public claims of him being out of shape as obvious frustration with a lack of work on fitness. Probably was dogging it in workouts.

As for my original comments, Vermont Internet Guy was saying “he didn’t care what coach said” Kadary was the best defender at the top of the zone in a long time. I noted that disagreeing with that particular HC on that particular defense is ballsy.

I do think it’s funny that some here think “he picked on a player in public” as some kind of off the cuff slip up rather than him trying to push a button he’s been working on in private. And I dislike when coaches do that publicly, because I wouldn’t. But I’m just a random Internet guy ;)

You left out Villanova from what? Your list of the Big East’s middle class?

Well, yeah.
You get the point. You are definitely from Missouri.

My guess is that Kadary was capable of more and needed more pushing and less carrot. I took the public claims of him being out of shape as obvious frustration with a lack of work on fitness. Probably was dogging it in workouts.

As for my original comments, Vermont Internet Guy was saying “he didn’t care what coach said” Kadary was the best defender at the top of the zone in a long time. I noted that disagreeing with that particular HC on that particular defense is ballsy.

I do think it’s funny that some here think “he picked on a player in public” as some kind of off the cuff slip up rather than him trying to push a button he’s been working on in private. And I dislike when coaches do that publicly, because I wouldn’t. But I’m just a random Internet guy ;)
He needed more pushing?
Having his plus/minus and poor play in the press conference needed to be said out loud?

You can do better than that.
That press conference was a joke. He picked on Kadary and whenever anyone brought up Joe he went completely the other way. That is why him bringing up Kadary’s poor play is textbook passive aggressive.

Sorry I didn’t list the entire conference I put 3 teams on both sides.

Add Marquette and Villanova to the Big East and Florida State and Louisville to the ACC.
You listed your top teams in the ACC and your middle class in the Big East. We were supposed to view them evenly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom