Kadary transferring to Seton Hall | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Kadary transferring to Seton Hall

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do the numbers say the last 5 years?

We were probably a top 5 program in the country back from 2010-14 - and that was a long time ago and we’ve been nowhere near that level for awhile now.
But we have to throw out this year because they were lousy. How about we look at Thursday’s in January?

But we have to throw out this year because they were lousy. How about we look at Thursday’s in January?
No we don’t. Just take the last 5 years. Like I said. What are the numbers?

No we don’t. Just take the last 5 years. Like I said. What are the numbers?
Why does everyone -- not you specifically ODW -- seem so intent on arguing this point. There are always ebbs and flows in these things and the reality is having a 76-year-old coach -- unless he defies logic and figures some stuff out for a few years here -- probably means the down side of that cycle for a bit.

I mean, Wildhack isn't going to fire him. Buddy's not going to sit on the bench because he's a good player. Jimmy Jr. will probably come here b/c he can play a bit and could help replace some of the guys departed. JB's not going to play a deep bench.

We aren't the program we were in 2010-2014. Yes, point granted. I don't disagree with the point. Why that's a constant source hand-wringing confuses me particularly when we are guaranteed absolutely nothing when he's gone. A younger coach can still see half his team transfer. This is a weird, new world of college hoops and ultimately we root for JB until he's gone, then we root for the next guy.

This so called party that was thrown that got Woody mostly and others in trouble. I want to know who snitched. Hope it wasnt somebody on the team. Btw ridiculous to get into trouble for such thing. Idc if its during a pandemic and there might been some underage drinking happens all across the country.
1C4F7CAD-318B-422C-8757-66161434C754.jpeg

Never said I would rather be SH.

The regular seasons between the program haven’t been much different the last 7 years.

If you don’t care about regular season success and only care about the tournament then you don’t care.
I think you are the fan that accepts we aren’t old Syracuse.
If the fanbase accepts old Syracuse is gone then people won’t be as frustrated because the expectations are lower.
One thing that helps is to remember that we're all crazy here -- we love college hoops. Most of america tunes in for a bit over the course of a few weeks in march/april. I don't mean this as an excuse for less-than-stellar regular seasons nor do I feel like March Madness is the true test of a team's quality. But, it is when most people care about college hoops and we have at least done pretty well there.

Just curious, does the Lands verbal take any sting away from the Kadary leaving? We did land Cole Swider who I must admit, I always liked. We also have the Symir Torrence verbal who I must admit, I have never been all that high on. I said it a while back, like the portal, hate the portal, but things are going to be more interesting for us college fan fanatics going forward. Not that Lands is in the portal (God forbid ever).
For me... It's always good when you can recruit a 5 star to a program. I think the Lands verbal takes away some of the sting for Woody and Bras. Woody would have been a four year player and by 22 would probably have been locked in the 3 spot for two more years. Because Lands is coming in 22 it has to be considered an upgrade (although he may only be here for one year). Cole, took away the sting for losing Bras which also has to be considered an upgrade. That being said, the PG is what stirs the drink and as long as JG is locked in at the 1, no matter who we get, their primary role is to backup JG, and as long as that's the case, it will be the same even with Sy or whomever.

Kadary stings because PG was the one position we needed an upgrade, we had him here, but things didn't work out. If Frank stays, we have some pieces to do some things, but we are minus one dynamic PG-with-the-keys from being special (no matter who that is), for a few years.

Agree, the portal is going to be a mixed bag for fans everywhere.

Seton Hall last 5 years: 98-60

Cuse last 5 years : 98- 67

That includes Post Season wins.

Yea Newton was probably a bad apple...everyone knows he was displeased and that there was a altercation of some sort...being shacked up with him all year in isolation due to covid probably wasn't the best thing for Kadary.
There’s an old Casey Stengel quote that goes something like, “the key to being a good manager is to keep the 5 guys that hate you away from the 4 guys that haven’t made up their mind yet”. Sounds like the Woody/Kadary pairing may have done the opposite of that...

Give us the big east schedule and give them the ACC schedule over that same period of time. Do you think the records would still be similar?
Yes.
The records would be similar.

Yeah, Seton Hall ain’t Syracuse. I don't care what metric is used.

Some things in life just are... crunchy peanut butter is the best. It’s soda, not pop. Syracuse over SH every damn day, poll 1,000 people on the street anywhere in the country.

Just my two cents.

In other news... the sun did come up this morning!

6F68726A-1760-4E5E-A60F-2488787E62C6.jpeg

I disagree
You overrate the ACC then.
The Big East plays a true round robin.
The ACC has Duke, North Carolina and Virginia and then a bunch mediocre teams. Schedules can be more manageable based on the draw.

The Big East your schedule is set.

Our results wouldn’t be much different if we played Seton Hall’s schedule and they played ours.
We are arrogant and disrespecting the Big East to think differently.
Creighton, Butler, Xavier are a good middle clsss.
The ACC is definitely more top heavy and good conference just like the Big East, Big Ten.

You overrate the ACC then.
The Big East plays a true round robin.
The ACC has Duke, North Carolina and Virginia and then a bunch mediocre teams. Schedules can be more manageable based on the draw.

The Big East your schedule is set.

Our results wouldn’t be much different if we played Seton Hall’s schedule and they played ours.
We are arrogant and disrespecting the Big East to think differently.
Creighton, Butler, Xavier are a good middle clsss.
The ACC is definitely more top heavy and good conference just like the Big East, Big Ten.
Conveniently leaves out FSU.

Holy chit OMG I only put 3 teams my god.
I think the ACC is better than the Big East.
Unlike you I can support everything I say.

Okay CousRunner.
When you leave out a team that has become a power at the level of FSU, it greatly weakens your argument. Looks shady.

Seton Hall cannot win in the tournament period.

A big part of winning in the tournament is program culture. You can say we have struggled in the regular season, but we have the same amount of tourney wins as Duke and UK the last 5 seasons.

Our last 5 seasons would have been the 2nd best era in Seton Hall basketball history and thats with us at our lowest point and Seton Hall at one of their higher points.

And don’t be surprised if Willard screws up next year with Seton Hall. He is not a good coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom