Kadary transferring to Seton Hall | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Kadary transferring to Seton Hall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both are probably top 26-50 programs the last half decade.

If it makes you feel better to point out that we’re #29 and they’re number #41, then great.

I want to be good again.
My issue with these evaluations is that a five-year period is not enough of a window of time to evaluate the state of a program. A couple of recruiting misses or key injuries or early tourney exits can throw everything off.

I completely disagree that we’re in the 25-50 range as a “program.” That’s absurd. Yes, that’s where we’ve ranked in the KenPom efficiency metrics or other metrics and polls lately, but that doesn’t show the full state of a program. There are too many other factors to consider. We’re still easily a top 20 program overall.

Deny we’re a better program than Seton Hall.

Look, I get it. You figured Richmond would be helping UK or FSU reach the Final Four, or at the very least helping Ok. St. contend in the Big 12. This is as much a What moment for you as just about everyone else, you’re just handling it differently.

Let’s try this another way. If Seton Hall is the lateral move you say it is and you’re Richmond, why even bother? He’ll have as much competition for PT there as he did here. If it’s just about being closer to home, how is that on JB?

According to Blackwell, Richmond’s wanted out since the start of the season. So maybe he just didn’t want to be here, instead of this being an indictment of the program. I can’t think of a more depressing place in the middle of a pandemic than an SU dorm/apartment.
Yeah, we’ve been a little better but eh. We’ve been middling.

I really don’t care where Kadary ends up...I’m pissed off that it’s not here. When we can’t break a press or function against a team that really gets after it ball pressure wise, I’ll be pissed all over again.

Lol, there’s no “what?” moment based on what school he went to, I know what the kid is and I know what we’ve got back at his spot.

Last edited:
My issue with these evaluations is that a five-year period is not enough of a window of time to evaluate a program. A couple of recruiting misses or key injuries can throw everything off.

I completely disagree that we’re in the 25-50 range as a “program.” That’s absurd. Yes, that’s where we’ve ranked in the KenPom efficiency metrics or other metrics and polls lately, but that doesn’t show the full state of a program. There are too many other factors to consider. We’re still easily a top 20 program overall.
In the last 5 years???

How can we be a top 25 program when we’ve spent like 3 weeks in the top 25?

If we add another guard for next year and have 4 that is an important question.
If we want to be a top team having only 3 guards doesn’t say that. We can make the tournament with 3.
I don’t believe we can be a really good team with just 3.

I do think GMac has been working his ass off and getting results he deserves for his effort.

i don’t disagree that we need a 4th guard. Many rosters even have 5. With 13 scholies it’s easy to have 5 guards, 5 forwards and 3 centers. But many won’t play so some will be projects and have to accept their roles. But what I as responding too was the comment he wasn’t trying.

Yeah, we’ve been a little better but eh. We’ve been middling.

I really don’t care where Kadary ends up...I’m pissed off that it’s not here. When we can’t break a press or function against a team that really gets after it ball pressure wise, I’ll be pissed all over again.

Lol, ain’t no “what?” moment based on what school he went to, I know what the kid is and I know what we’ve got back at his spot.
For the record, “What” is the board’s autocorrect for Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.

Are you still pissed at JB, though? Or are you starting to see this may have been out of his control? Just want to get you through the five steps so you can go back to taunting CR and we can quibble over the Clippers and Lakers.

For the record, “What” is the board’s autocorrect for Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.

Are you still pissed at JB, though? Or are you starting to see this may have been out of his control? Just want to get you through the five steps so you can go back to taunting CR and we can quibble over the Clippers and Lakers.
I’m still not happy that our best PG didn’t start this year, absolutely. Even moreso if that had a role in him bouncing.

No Bron or Davis has made this stretch of the season so tedious.

The Kadary part might be true. although, he would have to go a ways to be the player that silent g was for us his sr year. But g was also at least 3 years older. I think it will be interesting to watch what happens at the Hall. And we will all have one eye on it all year.
I, for one, will not have an eye on it all year. I seldom, if ever, pay any attention to players who leave us. I'd much rather focus on the players we have.

I, for one, will not have an eye on it all year. I seldom, if ever, pay any attention to players who leave us. I'd much rather focus on the players we have.
good way to live. I, on the other hand, thanks to Facebook, have watched my past loves lives, let alone the kids that have left Syracuse.

I’m still not happy that our best PG didn’t start this year, absolutely. Even moreso if that had a role in him bouncing.

No Bron or Davis has made this stretch of the season so tedious.
I know no one wants to think about this but once again, I was told that PT wasn't the factor. I just wonder if we could have had fans and he got to have 30k cheering and would that have made a difference. Or quite frankly, been allowed to have the fun that we did when we were at Syracuse?

I know no one wants to think about this but once again, I was told that PT wasn't the factor. I just wonder if we could have had fans and he got to have 30k cheering and would that have made a difference. Or quite frankly, been allowed to have the fun that we did when we were at Syracuse?
Didn’t Richmond say coming in that he didn’t care about starting or PT?

I mean, Richmond spent the bulk of his free time hanging out with Newton. Hmm...

Yea Newton was probably a bad apple...everyone knows he was displeased and that there was a altercation of some sort...being shocked up with him all year in isolation due to covid probably wasn't the best thing for Kadary.
Could have been the other way around.

Maybe so...probably bad luck putting those 2 together lol.
It’s easy to blame JB and leave it at that. The truth is this whole ordeal (including FA) was a lot more complicated. That’s not to say JB doesn’t share some of the responsibility. Just not as much as people want to insist.

I don't get his decision to go to SH but at least we don't have to watch him go head to head with Joe and crush him if Kadary selected FSU. The only way we play SH is in the NCAA as I'm sure JB will never agree to play them with all the "in season recruiting" they do. Kadary never looked like he enjoyed playing here so maybe the idea that he just didn't enjoy SU as a player or student and was homesick makes sense with his choice. If that is the case pick SJU instead but whatever good luck Kadary.

Great choice for Kadary. He gets to play in the Big East conference against some very good competition. It's also very close to home for him. I think they've had some very good teams the last few years. Probably just below or at SU level...Good luck Kadary!
ding ding ding... Maybe this is what he wanted... It's crazy, but maybe the kid and his family just did what they thought was best for HIM. We assume all these things and question his judgement, his decision, his heart, his willingness to compete or be coached, all because it doesn't fit what WE think would be best for him? We know nothing. Wish the kid success and be done with it, we have to focus on what's going on here, damn Seton Hall or anybody else for that matter. We are going to root for our kids, our team regardless (most of us) and hope for the best.

We've lost some players that did what they thought was best for THEM and we've gained some players that guess what... did what they thought was best for THEM. Time will tell..

Who cares? We’re talking about where we’re at now and recently?

As I hadn't heard about the meteoric rise of the Seton Hall program (and questioned the proposition that they were on the level of Syracuse even in our down years) i ran a quick check on kenpom to see who has finished higher over the last decade or so.

Since 2010, Seton Hall has been rated higher in 3 seasons versus our 9 and they have one NCAA tournament win. During that whole period they were Top 25 at end of season once.

Whatever merit you may have with any of your other arguments saying SH and SU are even in the same hemisphere as programs is ludicrous and hurts your credibility on other points.

Just an observation.

As I hadn't heard about the meteoric rise of the Seton Hall program (and qustioned the proposition that they were on the level of Syracuse even in our down years) i ran a quick check on kenpom to see who has finished higher over the last decade or so.

Since 2010, Seton Hall has been rated higher in 3 seasons versus our 9 and they have one NCAA tournament win. During that whole period they were Top 25 at end of season once.

Whatever merit you may have with any of your other arguments saying SH and SU are even in the same hemisphere as programs is ludicrous and hurts your credibility on other points.

Just an observation.
What do the numbers say the last 5 years?

We were probably a top 5 program in the country back from 2010-14 - and that was a long time ago and we’ve been nowhere near that level for awhile now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom