Kaleb Joseph to transfer to Creighton | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Kaleb Joseph to transfer to Creighton

Hope nothing but the best for this kid. It didn't work out here, but he never pouted, never made it about him. He was a great teammate, always there to root on his teammates and was as excited as anyone about our run. I think it reflects very positively about his character how he handled this year. I hope he gets a chance to succeed somewhere and has a great final 2 years of college hoops.

Those three players were not good enough to play at an ACC level. They were not ACC players. Maybe Buss was. They all made smart decisions and went to schools where they will play a larger role and still play real competitive basketball. I wish Buss and BJ best of luck this coming year as well as Kaleb wherever he ends up.
Agree. These 3 players just didn't pan out. I think BJ and Patterson were complete misses. Kaleb however was brought into a very hard situation so I don't want to label him as a total miss. Kid lost all his confidence. I know he has the potential to succeed and hopefully he does wherever he decides to go.

Jospeh, Johnson, Patterson, Chino

Somewhere the train went off the tracks on the recruiting trail

Tyler Ennis (1st round pick), Chris McCullough (1st round pick), Tyler Lydon and Malachi Richardson all say hello. Not to mention Jerami Grant & Gbinije. Would you like me to keep going? Every program misses on a few. We just happened to miss on a few all at the same time, and also have our scholarships cut during the process.

Battle is a stud. Moyer, I really believe, will be a very good player for us. We are just fine.

If you watched the bench, locker room, player reactions: Kaleb was engaged and the most excited for his teammates throughout the season and this FF run. I think he has talent, but more importantly he has character and class. I am sure he will find success at another program and in life. Best of luck!

We just made the #@$ final four, and you spew this sky is falling crap?

Unsubscribe.
Maybe not the right time to bring that up but it is a valid statement.

BJJ, I think could have had a James Southerland career arc and come on in his Junior/Senior year as a shooter but due to the scholly restrictions, we couldn't wait.

Chino and Patterson are head scratchers. I literally can't think of a reason why we brought them in.

Joseph, I'm going to assume he looked good in high school because the play we saw on the court from him was just off...I know he isn't that bad but it was just off.

Given some guys we moved on from to bring in these guys, it definitely warrants a "What".

That said, the staff has clearly found it's groove again.

If you watched the bench, locker room, player reactions: Kaleb was engaged and the most excited for his teammates throughout the season and this FF run. I think he has talent, but more importantly he has character and class. I am sure he will find success at another program and in life. Best of luck!
Great post! The kid just needs to get it back and I believe he will.

Agree. These 3 players just didn't pan out. I think BJ and Patterson were complete misses. Kaleb however was brought into a very hard situation so I don't want to label him as a total miss. Kid lost all his confidence. I know he has the potential to succeed and hopefully he does wherever he decides to go.
Kaleb was a miss too. He has to play point guard because he isn't big and doesn't shoot well enough to play the two. And his handle is far too weak to play the point. Isn't quick enough to make up for his poor handle. He's a low major player imo. I would actually take Buss over Joseph.

Some people here take transfers personally. They just aren't good enough. That's not personal. There are VERY few players that are good enough to contribute consistently at the ACC level. Thankfully for us, we have been exceeding for the most part in that area for the past 35 years.

Hope nothing but the best for this kid. It didn't work out here, but he never pouted, never made it about him. He was a great teammate, always there to root on his teammates and was as excited as anyone about our run. I think it reflects very positively about his character how he handled this year. I hope he gets a chance to succeed somewhere and has a great final 2 years of college hoops.

Very well said Jason. My sentiments exactly but you said it better than I probably would have. I have just a tremendous amount of respect for Kaleb and how he handled this year.

Perfectly said. The sport and attitude KJ showed this year is admirable. I played D2 and wasn't good enough to play and it was extremely hard for me to keep a positive attitude. For someone like him that had all the hype and didn't live up to it, it could of been very easy for him to have a sour attitude. But he didn't. Admirable. Best of luck KJ

Very well said Jason. My sentiments exactly but you said it better than I probably would have. I have just a tremendous amount of respect for Kaleb and how he handled this year.
I hope I'm not the only one who is saddened to see a kid transfer out, regardless of situation. They all come in looking to make their mark on the program and for some it just doesn't work out as planned. I know how tough it is when the biggest decision of your young life doesn't work out anywhere close to how you hoped. I hope Kaleb finds his place and puts together a fantastic 2 years. And hey, he should be in line to get a free Master's out of all this, at least.

We Are Syracuse said:
Kaleb was a miss too. He has to play point guard because he isn't big and doesn't shoot well enough to play the two. And his handle is far too weak to play the point. Isn't quick enough to make up for his poor handle. He's a low major player imo. I would actually take Buss over Joseph. Some people here take transfers personally. They just aren't good enough. That's not personal. There are VERY few players that are good enough to contribute consistently at the ACC level. Thankfully for us, we have been exceeding for the most part in that area for the past 35 years.

Kaleb wasn't a "miss". The timing and situation changed. He was highly regarded in HS and a very good get. But he was supposed to spend 1-2 years as Ennis understudy and develop. Having to be the starter from day 1 didn't work out because he was thrown into the fire and changed all the dynamics for him. Chino was a miss but Kaleb I don't feel was.

dasher said:
I think Kaleb is shooting for a bit higher program. Probably wants something in a P-5 league.

I think he wants to start.

UMass?

Rhode Island?

University of New Hampshire?

Too bad, seems like a great kid and great teammate.

I will say, folks that recognized early that he couldn't play at this level were destroyed on this board. There is no pleasure in being right on this one, but I feel like it was a reasonable viewpoint that wasn't treated as such by the majority of the fanbase.

Kaleb wasn't a "miss". The timing and situation changed. He was highly regarded in HS and a very good get. But he was supposed to spend 1-2 years as Ennis understudy and develop. Having to be the starter from day 1 didn't work out because he was thrown into the fire and changed all the dynamics for him. Chino was a miss but Kaleb I don't feel was.
Good post. Ennis was never supposed to be one-and-done. Hell, even Ennis was supposed to back up MCW for at least a year. Sometimes circumstances work out differently and in this case Joseph was the victim of that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom