Class of 2014 - Kaleb Joseph..,, | Page 46 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Kaleb Joseph..,,

Add another championship winner to the list of our recruits. Kaleb leads Cushing with 24pts to win the NEPSAC AA chip. Tyler Lydon's New Hampton plays next in the AAA finals against Brewster.

Add another championship winner to the list of our recruits. Kaleb leads Cushing with 24pts to win the NEPSAC AA chip. Tyler Lydon's New Hampton plays next in the AAA finals against Brewster.
Nice and thanks man, was awaiting that Cushing outcome and Lydon's. So far this year, that's two between Kaleb and Malachi's county title and let's make it three with Lydon tonight!

Nice and thanks man, was awaiting that Cushing outcome and Lydon's. So far this year, that's two between Kaleb and Malachi's county title and let's make it three with Lydon tonight!
Unfortunately New Hampton blew an early big lead to Brewster and loss in a close game that went down to the wire. Don't have the stats yet for Lydon, but I'm sure he and his team will bounce back stronger next year.

Couple of writeups I found from both KJ and Lydon's finals.
http://nhsportspage.com/news.php?news_id=906555

Of Lydon:
"Tyler Lydon stepped back and hit a deep 3 followed by a Tory Miller layup to make it 9-0"
"Both teams started to heat up as Lydon hit Mike LeBlanc for a back door layup"
Lydon had 8 at the half, 10 points in total.

Of Joseph:
"One thing they NEED to limit is Jalen Adams on the break, and early on he's gotten loose for 2 layups, one off a nice feed from Kaleb Joseph through the lane."

"Joseph has been the best offensive player early with a 3 of his own, and finding teamates on the break or finishing himself at the rim. The recipient of most of Josephs assists early have been Idris Taqqee who's got a 3, layup and mid range jumper so far in the first half."

"On the other end Joseph has stepped up hitting a nice contested jump hook and driving the left side of the defense on consecutive possessions."

"In the end though the combination of Cushing's guards was too much for KUA who were able to largely bottle up Adams but Joseph and Taqqee both had huge games leading Cushing to a back-to-back Class AA NEPSAC championship."

Looks like Kaleb got the bulk of his points towards crunch time. Gamer.

Also like that he works well with both Adams and Taqqee. The three of them makes one formidable back court, enough to compare them to recent great ones we've seen on this level in Ennis-Briscoe, Saintil-Gist-Richardson and Sina-Battle.

Highlights from today's final. Kaleb and Cushing with the W!

Oooof, that move around 1:30, but pass after pass after pass, wow must have had at least 5 or 6 assists from both highlight clips and scored some big buckets. Kid's legit, going to be special.

Final Recaps from Nerr

"Class AA – Cushing 78 KUA 70

A fast paced first half saw Cushing hold a slim advantage throughout the first 18 minutes. Jalen Adams made a couple of dynamic plays in the open floor while Kaleb Joseph had 9 early points along with a handful of assists, but Idris Taqqee was the unexpected star of the first half, heading into the locker room with 16 points while getting his buckets in all three ranges. Cushing was able to hold Abdul-Malik Abu to just four first half points, but Crew Ainge and Duby Maduegbunam stepped up for a combined 19 before intermission.

Cushing would continue to push the tempo in the second half and saw their lead grow into double digits as a result, but KUA would continue to fight back as Abu began to assert himself inside the paint and even hit a 3 late while Malcolm Brent also did his best to fuel the second half run.

With KUA cutting the lead to 4, Joseph took over down the stretch, combining a couple of his trademark pull-ups with tough drives while Connor Gilmore also made a couple of timely shots. Joseph would go on to score a game high 25 while Taqqee and Adams finished with 20 and 16 respectively. Abu (16), Brent (14), Maduegbunam (13), and Ainge (11) finished in double figures for KUA. "

Like AWMKY, Francis and I mentioned, just sick to have three guys in the back court. Just hard to key on any of them as the others will make you pay.

Hard not to be excited as hell about this kid's future in Orange.

I actually hope that Ennis returns, so that Joseph can apprentice for a year--and play alongside Tyler situationally [I view their games as being compatible].

Make no mistake: Joseph is going to be a STUD for us. And I believe he'll be an NBA player eventually. He's that good.

From March 2, but nice little article from espn about Kaleb and Cushing's championship win. He is quoted a few times in the article and a very bright, well spoken young man....with just enough fire in him! Going to be a great one for us, but I would still love to have both Ennis and Joseph play together for at least one season. Chip, chip, chip. :)

Recent 2EZ charity all star game, Kaleb, Lydon and a few of KJ's teammates are in this one. At least three deep ones and jams from Lydon. Watch around 1:20 finger roll then insane pass to his future teammate for the flush! He has another assist to Lydon a little later. Kaleb has a bunch of nice drives as well. Kaleb = #1, Lydon = #21 and dunking all over the place. I know it's an all star game, but I like his two handed tomahawk dunk. Lydon's finishes are so effortless.

Kaleb had at least three dunks, two shortly after the 3 minute mark in this clip. Self alley oops off the backboard, nasty! Lydon around 3:20 another sweet self oop.
3:58 - how about one of those fakes that makes the crowd go "oooooooh"? Kaleb's got that.
Btw, watch #2 on Kaleb's team around 4:31. That's fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it me or does Kaleb kinda remind you a little of Shabazz? ( yes I know ). Part of it for me is the pull up jumper that he gets off quickly. The other is how fluidly he attacks the rim.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom