Kansas- Texas Southern | Syracusefan.com

Kansas- Texas Southern

Kansas wants to fly up and down and Texas Southern obliged... Not so smart. Should be interesting to see how our zone does vs them. Battle vs Graham should be fun too.

Kansas wants to fly up and down and Texas Southern obliged... Not so smart. Should be interesting to see how our zone does vs them. Battle vs Graham should be fun too.
I'm curious how we look vs Maryland. That should give us a good idea how we will look vs Kansas.

Yeh, seems like Kansas' m.o. every year is to score in the 100's in the non-conference. I believe that our team won't let that happen but I'm still scared.

If you are scared, buy a gun....or better yet, get a dog.

Guys guys guys, we know we’re going to lose some games, right? There are teams much better than us! But as long as we keep improving and playing with moxy, it will soothe my disappointment when we lose.

I think.

This. We're not going undefeated. Keep expectations low (especially against teams like Kansas) and just enjoy this team. If we can play with Kansas and keep it close, I'm completely fine with that especially with this year's team.

This. We're not going undefeated. Keep expectations low (especially against teams like Kansas) and just enjoy this team. If we can play with Kansas and keep it close, I'm completely fine with that especially with this year's team.

And if we can't?

And if we can't?

Then it fits my expectations that this probably will be a double digit loss for the Cuse.

Edit: Should note that there isn't anything wrong with getting beat by a team that many have in the Final Four. Obviously you don't want to **** the bed and lose by 25-30, but the realistic approach is that we probably lose by 10+.

I think KU will beat us but this doesn't look like a vintage Self team to me. Obviously the car incident impacted them but they seem to be short on bigs.

I think KU will beat us but this doesn't look like a vintage Self team to me. Obviously the car incident impacted them but they seem to be short on bigs.

Not sure about that. They really haven’t consistent big man/interior play for awhile. Embiid would’ve but he got injured. Probably Diallo too but he had issues with NCAA. But this Azuibuke is a 6’11” diesel monster averaging 16/6/2 and a nice change for them. He’s going to be a load for our interior.

Last edited:
Not sure about that. They really haven’t consistent big man/interior play for awhile. Embiid would’ve but he got injured. Probably Diallo too but he had issues with NCAA. But this Azuibuke is a 6’11” diesel monster averaging 16/6/2 and a nice change for them. He’s going to be a load for our interior.
Love to see Mr. Chewblocka bring his A game.

Gonna need to. Azuibuike is 6’11” 275 and looks all muscle.

Yes he is not a small man. He would have made a bigger splash last year but hurt his wrist and only played 11 games. He was only 17 when he started college also.

Kansas might be the best team we play all year.

Still believe Duke will be the team to beat this year.

KU has a history of good teams that fail to perform when they really need to.

And what is our record against KU?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom