Polls (Sept 8) AP 29 / Coaches 28 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Polls (Sept 8) AP 29 / Coaches 28

Don't forget Penn State, Oregon and USC. B1G wants five and SEC wants seven.
Ohh yeah... LOL.

USF really had a chance against Bama with 6 minutes left. It doesn't matter if "lesser" teams compete well against some. I guess its cuz they don't have to go through the grind of an SEC schedule?

Going forward, I'm guessing they'll allow one? Token ACC team in the top 12?

Last edited:
If Fran gets to 12-0 he will be The talk of the country, and the Networks will see to it Syracuse gets a high seed.
The buildup and fan following on TV will guarantee it.
He will give the country a real hero, unlike a certain Colorodo coach.
I don’t understand the comparisons between HCFB and Sanders.

The bigger question is, what happens to an 11-1 ACC team that doesn’t win the conference? That’s the ACC team that will get screwed versus a 10-2 or 9-3 SEC/B10 team. ACC is a one bid league. That’s the propaganda the SEC/B10 has been spreading for some time now. I’m not saying the ACC is a great league, because it’s not, but when really good 11-1 or 10-2 ACC teams start getting passed over for mediocre SEC teams because “SEC”, that’s the scenario we need to worry about.

The bigger question is, what happens to an 11-1 ACC team that doesn’t win the conference? That’s the ACC team that will get screwed versus a 10-2 or 9-3 SEC/B10 team. ACC is a one bid league. That’s the propaganda the SEC/B10 has been spreading for some time now. I’m not saying the ACC is a great league, because it’s not, but when really good 11-1 or 10-2 ACC teams start getting passed over for mediocre SEC teams because “SEC”, that’s the scenario we need to worry about.
It doesn’t help when your supposed “top teams” are pissing and moaning - and suing - trying to get out of the conference. And they get the snot kicked out of them by an SEC team.

OTHERS RECEIVING VOTES:​

Illinois 101, Boise St. 77, Texas A&M 68, Syracuse 63, Memphis 38, Washington 27, Iowa 24, Kansas 22, Vanderbilt 18, South Carolina 10, Liberty 9, Wisconsin 9, UNLV 7, North Carolina 7, California 3, BYU 2, UCF 1, TCU 1.
“SEC” ha ha ha haaaaa

A pox on all their houses. May bad things happen to their programs.

GW-Peg5WEAATUal.jpeg

I don’t understand the comparisons between HCFB and Sanders.
Me either. One is seemingly coaching just three players and the other is building a program.

It doesn’t help when your supposed “top teams” are pissing and moaning - and suing - trying to get out of the conference. And they get the snot kicked out of them by an SEC team.
8-4 teams don't have anything to say.

We might be ranked after a bye week when looking at some of these games coming up, if we boat race Stanford that should be enough anyway.
Next week is a brutal slate of games definitely not worth sitting at home in the command center all day for.

Directv are subhuman scum for pulling ESPN but I don’t regret paying for a second streaming service one bit to not have any nonsense for our game yesterday.

The Friday night games in Kansas are both good UNLV @ KU and Arizona @ K State might each be better than anything on Saturday.

It’s not propaganda . A 9-3 SEC team most years is likely a better team than an 11-1 Acc team that doesn’t win the conference. Emphasis : most years

Next week is a brutal slate of games definitely not worth sitting at home in the command center all day for.

Directv are subhuman scum for pulling ESPN but I don’t regret paying for a second streaming service one bit to not have any nonsense for our game yesterday.

The Friday night games in Kansas are both good UNLV @ KU and Arizona @ K State might each be better than anything on Saturday.
Wow .. no espn on DTv.?

I disagree with the ranking but it's about what I predicted to my wife as we were walking to the shuttle after the game. If we beat Stanford, that should do it.

I can easily tell you why they are being compared.

Some people would get upset about that subject being mentioned, though.
Because they gave big reps as recruiters? Other than their skin color I don’t see much in common.

I can easily tell you why they are being compared.

Some people would get upset about that subject being mentioned, though.

They’re both former DB’s? ;)

I think a comparison is natural as they were both seen more as top recruiters than seasoned coaches. Obviously their actual personalities and styles couldn't be more different though.

Ill bet on anything so I could find a game to entertain myself with, that being said I have a golf tourney all weekend so for the first time in many years I can play in it and not worry about being late to the Dome, or having to skipping the tourney.

Once conference play really get underway in big46 and Sec, the losses for some teams will start to pile up. Some schedules are brutal

Remember, we play Miami and they are getting close to top five in some polls. Miami and another ACC can absolutely get into the playoffs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom