Polls (Sept 8) AP 29 / Coaches 28 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Polls (Sept 8) AP 29 / Coaches 28

If you have a loss by week 2, you shouldn’t be ranked I don’t care who you play. What a joke. Cuse should be 23-25 easily
I mean... can't agree to that. Lol, come on.

If the point is “HCFB is not like Prime” that isn’t comparing the two - it is contrasting them. Considering the demeanors of the two, that seems valid.
Thank you, that was my point, one man is about we, the other is about himself.

Joey Galloway gave us major props on the College Scoreboard School segment with Dan Mullen. We were his “Team that no one is talking about but should be”

If the point is “HCFB is not like Prime” that isn’t comparing the two - it is contrasting them. Considering the demeanors of the two, that seems valid.
Okay, correction: I don’t understand the need to contrast Brown with Sanders.

22team logo
Syracuse
Fran Brown said last week he owes Ryan Day a bottle of champagne for sending QB Kyle McCord to the transfer portal. The Orange coach should include a charcuterie board with the delivery. McCord threw for 381 yards and four TDs in the 31-28 win against No. 23 Georgia Tech, the first Orange QB since 2007 to record a 350-yard, four-touchdown performance.NR2-0

But why are you specifically contrasting Fran to Deion?

If Fran looked like Doug Marrone would we be constrasting them? Of course not.

Are you opposed to contrasting Brown to any other coaches in general, or just to Sanders specifically?
I guess I would compare and contrast him with other first year coaches, or past Syracuse coaches. Those seem relative to me. What am I missing?

I guess I would compare and contrast him with other first year coaches, or past Syracuse coaches. Those seem relative to me. What am I missing?

If the point is to highlight that Brown is somewhat understated, reserved, and acts as a great example of servant leadership - I don’t see why comparing him only to first year coaches or Syracuse coaches is a requirement. In fact, it’s an artificial requirement which significantly reduces the potential pool of comparisons and almost inevitably the comparison will be less accurate and relevant as a result.

The only other coach I can think of that I would contrast him with is Petrino -but the fact he’s not a head coach any longer, hasn’t been a high level coach for a few years, and has served as a cautionary tale of selfish stupidity for over a decade makes any contrast with him borderline ridiculous.

But why are you specifically contrasting Fran to Deion?

If Fran looked like Doug Marrone would we be constrasting them? Of course not.
While I know exactly where you are going, and that is undoubtedly part of it, I think an also large part of it, is that last year Deion walked on campus and was touted as the best recruiter out there and was getting guys lining up to play at Colorado and for better or worse, that is just how it was. Then we go and hire a guy with no experience at the gig but is universally accepted on the recruiting trail as one of the best, and depending on who you talk to, the best recruiter out there. Both guys have a big sense of swagger and believe they are exceptional at what they do. Both programs underwent an insane amount of turnover following the arrival of their new coaches, something not even remotely possible a few years ago before the new age version of the portal. In the case of Colorado, when the new recruits were flying there is was a topic here on this board and across the country that we all wished we were in Colorado's shoes. New excitement (maybe more than ever before), new blood, new hopes and new expectations. A few months later, Fran gave us all of those same feelings. Currently one is in the news for the wrong reasons and the other is currently 2-0 and our fan base is more excited than we have been in nearly my entire lifetime, and certainly more so than in my lifetime as a fan.

There are some parallels to draw between them aside from the one you pointed out. But yes you are right if Fran Brown looked like Dan Mullen those comparisons would be few and far between instead of as frequent as they have been the past few weeks/months.

Either way, we should all be very very excited Fran is here, and I can't wait to see what else he is able to accomplish this year, let alone in the future when he actually has time to bring in freshman and develop 'his' guys. We have exciting times ahead.

While I know exactly where you are going, and that is undoubtedly part of it, I think an also large part of it, is that last year Deion walked on campus and was touted as the best recruiter out there and was getting guys lining up to play at Colorado and for better or worse, that is just how it was. Then we go and hire a guy with no experience at the gig but is universally accepted on the recruiting trail as one of the best, and depending on who you talk to, the best recruiter out there. Both guys have a big sense of swagger and believe they are exceptional at what they do. Both programs underwent an insane amount of turnover following the arrival of their new coaches, something not even remotely possible a few years ago before the new age version of the portal. In the case of Colorado, when the new recruits were flying there is was a topic here on this board and across the country that we all wished we were in Colorado's shoes. New excitement (maybe more than ever before), new blood, new hopes and new expectations. A few months later, Fran gave us all of those same feelings. Currently one is in the news for the wrong reasons and the other is currently 2-0 and our fan base is more excited than we have been in nearly my entire lifetime, and certainly more so than in my lifetime as a fan.

There are some parallels to draw between them aside from the one you pointed out. But yes you are right if Fran Brown looked like Dan Mullen those comparisons would be few and far between instead of as frequent as they have been the past few weeks/months.

Either way, we should all be very very excited Fran is here, and I can't wait to see what else he is able to accomplish this year, let alone in the future when he actually has time to bring in freshman and develop 'his' guys. We have exciting times ahead.
One coach is a we person the other is all about me. Sanders has always been about me, and never about team. He was a great player, but still a pompas a**.

Fran Brown could be a purple, three eyed Martian - based on his personality and coaching style, Deion is the perfect contrast to him. And the ones who can only see skin deep are the ones who are getting bent out of shape by people comparing and contrasting the two - if you disagree with that, feel free to suggest another coach who would be a better contrast to Fran Brown.

About this week's poll. Arizona and Boston College will fall out of top 25. Two of the following three will replace them: Illinois, Texas A&M and Syracuse. I think Illinois is a sure thing. And Texas A&M and Syracuse will compete for the last spot in top 25. I think we will be the 26th. Although Texas A&M has already one loss, they did beat Florida today and we are idle.

I don't think BC falls past 25, they put up a fight against #6. Though that would obviously be nice.

I don't think BC falls past 25, they put up a fight against #6. Though that would obviously be nice.
They are good. I honestly don't care if we are ranked. We will be at the end. We are going to beat Stanford (sanford), Holy Cross, UNLV, NC State, Pittsburgh, VTech...they can all act surprised, but we've been there the whole time. It will make it all the more sweet. Have faith, talk s* and enjoy.

They are good. I honestly don't care if we are ranked. We will be at the end. We are going to beat Stanford (sanford), Holy Cross, UNLV, NC State, Pittsburgh, VTech...they can all act surprised, but we've been there the whole time. It will make it all the more sweet. Have faith, talk s* and enjoy.
Pittsburgh QB Eli Holstein is really good. He transferred from Alabama. Against West Virginia, he pulled a Georgia Tech. With less than five minutes left in Q4 and down 10 points, Pitt scored two touchdown and got the win. We need to be very careful and need to stack points early. Pitt plays the best in Q4.

Pittsburgh QB Eli Holstein is really good. He transferred from Alabama. In today's game, he pulled a Georgia Tech. With less than five minutes left in Q4 and down 10 points, Pitt scored two touchdown and got the win. We need to be very careful and need to stack points in early game. Pitt plays the best in Q4.
Holstein is ok, he isn't great. McCord is GREAT. He will help them alot, but McCord is elite.

McCord is the greatest ACC quarterback this year. But Pitt has the home court advantage. They might win.
Absolutely true. But, I think that by then we will be humming and we will blow through those meathead doughebags (Narduzzis) and move on to the next week with little issue.

UNC is chocking. I hope even UNC eventually beat NC Central and have 3-0, no pollsters vote for them.

Agreed, lost on road by 6 to #5, they are still in Top 25, maybe #25, the last slot but still in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom