Polls (Sept 8) AP 29 / Coaches 28 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Polls (Sept 8) AP 29 / Coaches 28

OTHERS RECEIVING VOTES:​

Illinois 101, Boise St. 77, Texas A&M 68, Syracuse 63, Memphis 38, Washington 27, Iowa 24, Kansas 22, Vanderbilt 18, South Carolina 10, Liberty 9, Wisconsin 9, UNLV 7, North Carolina 7, California 3, BYU 2, UCF 1, TCU 1.
This is my point about how difficult it is for teams in the ACC to change perceptions when teams in the SEC get a) credit for beating a top team, or b) credit for losing to a top team week in and week out. Tough to move up on them, they just keep shuffling spots other than the top 2

Fran's got a vote. I wonder what it looks like.
He's been giving SU a #25 (for 1 point) for the first 2 polls. I'm sure he bumped it up a bit this week. :)

Others Receiving Votes​

Texas A&M 68; Boston College 36; Syracuse 33; Illinois 33; Northern Illinois 30; Wisconsin 28; South Carolina 25; Boise State 20; UNLV 19; Iowa 17; Kansas 14; UCF 12; North Carolina State 10; Texas State 8; TCU 6; North Carolina 5; California 5; Liberty 4; Pittsburgh 2; Michigan State 2; BYU 2; Arizona State 2; Tulane 1; James Madison 1; Indiana 1;
In about a month, we'll be ranked in the top 25 about 3-5 years earlier than we would have if we hadn't hired Fran Brown.

An exercise.

Let's pretend we go undefeated. What's the highest we could be ranked?

They'll wanna put 6-7 SEC teams up top. Then Ohio state, Mich, etc..

Then our schedule. They'll drop us more.
But its Cuse. Drop us more.

13? Wouldn't matter if there were 2/3 loss teams above us..

What would have to happen to be higher than 12?

An exercise.

Then our schedule. They'll drop us more.
But its Cuse. Drop us more.

13? Wouldn't matter if there were 2/3 loss teams above us..

What would have to happen to be higher than 12?
12-0? Lowest would be 5-6. It’s still a power 4 conference and other teams will gather losses.

Last edited:
12-0? Lowest would be 5-6. It’s still a power 4 conference and other teams will gather losses.
Florida state finished the regular season 4/5?

With conference consolidation, and a less favorable view of the ACC, I'm not sure. Without recent success, I think many would discount us as a fluke, and its only the ACC...

With conference consolidation, and a less favorable view of the ACC, I'm not sure. Without recent success, I think many would discount us as a fluke, and its only the ACC...
Kind of irrelevant if it’s a fluke or not, it’s 12-0 and if you remain undefeated you get the autobid. The conference is a bonus. You’re not going to see multiple 2 loss teams ahead of any undefeated P4 team. Florida state missed a 4 team playoff, very different from a 12 team spot.

If we go undefeated and win the ACC, it doesn’t really matter. The top 5 highest rated conference champions automatically get in the playoff. The top 4 get first round byes. So hypothetically if we go undefeated and with the ACC, the worst we will be is the #4 seed.

I guess I'm just thinking the ACC will be further discounted in the polls...

An exercise.

Don't forget Penn State, Oregon and USC. B1G wants five and SEC wants seven.

If Fran gets to 12-0 he will be The talk of the country, and the Networks will see to it Syracuse gets a high seed.
The buildup and fan following on TV will guarantee it.
He will give the country a real hero, unlike a certain Colorodo coach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom