Kanye West - “Ye” | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Kanye West - “Ye”

Nas’ flow on Bonjour is phenomenal. The part about “pre-bate, right before they date... beat it, Thriller jacket”. Damnnn

Yup. That’s a smooth song on every level.

That “she didn’t see me coming/cummin, now she’s an eye witness” line though...I legit cracked up and shook my head at the same time. A callback to Phife Dawg’s Classic “bust a nut inside
Your eye, to show you where I come from” line? Other than that, a really classy feel to this one.

Scorpion thoughts?

Kinda boring. Most songs just sound the same.. subtle beats with Drake rap-singing. “Summer Games” did get me up in my feelings though, and the Michael Jackson track “Don’t Matter To Me” is absolute fire.

Last edited:
Scorpion thoughts?

Kinda boring. Most songs just sound the same.. subtle beats with Drake rap-singing. “Summer Games” did get me up in my feelings though, and the Michael Jackson track “Don’t Matter To Me” is absolute fire.

Can honestly say that there’s just one song with Drake on it that I’ve ever played heavily, and that’s Rick Ross - Aston Martin Music. And Drake was the least essential part of that song to me.

Most of his songs(because it’s impossible not to hear them) don’t bother me. I’m not actively wanting the song to change or end or anything. There’s just nothing there to make me want to play it by choice or listen often. He’s kinda like inoffensive background music to me...not actively off putting, credible enough...there’s just not much there. For me, at least.

“65th and Ingleside”, Chance the Rappers new track might be the most uplifting song I’ve heard in a while.

“You got sick thoughts, I got more of em...”

That first bar literally made my jaw drop. I like this experimental yeezus type vibe but even if you hate the track, that first bar was damnnnnnnnnnn

“You got sick thoughts, I got more of em...”

That first bar literally made my jaw drop. I like this experimental yeezus type vibe but even if you hate the track, that first bar was damnnnnnnnnnn

I just haaaaaate that beat. He’s so much better than that. I wish he was just producing for dilated again.

I just haaaaaate that beat. He’s so much better than that. I wish he was just producing for dilated again.
Someone told me they heard the moaning sample is from his wife’s Ray J tape, if so, this song is so many levels of crazy.

Some of the bars in this track are lethal.

Like I said, I like this type of experimental stuff, but can easily see why some people wouldn’t feel it.

Someone told me they heard the moaning sample is from his wife’s Ray J tape, if so, this song is so many levels of crazy.

Some of the bars in this track are lethal.

Like I said, I like this type of experimental stuff, but can easily see why some people wouldn’t feel it.
Holy sht, if that’s true. Lol and genius

Can we talk about just how terrible Kanye was on SNL this past week? I mean, a perrier bottle?

And was that female really wearing a see-through top on the second track? Yikes, he's just pushing buttons now.

I still remember hearing “Through the Wire” for the first time. I was just hoping this guy’s album was even going to come out. Was Rocafella even going to try and promote the guy in the Polo shirt with the endearingly corny one-liners and distinct lack of coke talk? Wouldn't it be easier to just have him put out an album of beats and have the State Property guys rap on them?

I genuinely never saw whatever you want to call this mess he’s been pulling for at least 5 years coming from all the possible paths his career could have taken.

Damn the intro may be the best intro track I’ve heard in 20 years
At the 2 minute mark when the Phil Collins beat drops and Meek starts getting wavy... literally yelled out “oh !!!!” in my whip, by myself.

This is one of my favorite rap songs in a long time. First verse alone kills most people’s albums. The whole EP is great. Black Thought might be top 5 ever IMO.

Pron's verse is the big winner and it's a tad dated now, but my favorite song w/ Black Thought for a long time:

owfullscreen></iframe>

Pron's verse is the big winner and it's a tad dated now, but my favorite song w/ Black Thought for a long time:

owfullscreen></iframe>

It’s amazing how long he’s being doing it at such a high level. The only knock is we hadn’t heard much from him this decade because he was barely on that last Roots album and they haven’t put one out in about 5 years. So these EP’s he’s putting out are so refreshing. I just like to hear that guy rap. It’s a clinic every time.

It’s amazing how long he’s being doing it at such a high level. The only knock is we hadn’t heard much from him this decade because he was barely on that last Roots album and they haven’t put one out in about 5 years. So these EP’s he’s putting out are so refreshing. I just like to hear that guy rap. It’s a clinic every time.

I linked the wrong song...haha

I meant to link, "I Can't Help It"

PRONs verse in that song is insane...

I linked the wrong song...haha

I meant to link, "I Can't Help It"

PRONs verse in that song is insane...

Ooh, you’re right. I forgot about that one, but yeah he went crazy on there.

The first song of that album with Mos Def and Styles P was great. I was still buying CDs back then and I still remember putting that disc in the CD player in the mall parking lot and driving off and hearing the opening song for the first time. So good.

Ooh, you’re right. I forgot about that one, but yeah he went crazy on there.

The first song of that album with Mos Def and Styles P was great. I was still buying CDs back then and I still remember putting that disc in the CD player in the mall parking lot and driving off and hearing the opening song for the first time. So good.
I have a similar memory for putting in deltron 3030 in the parking lot of last unicorn
When the chorus hit after such a long buildup I just thought holy sht this is the greatest day of my life
About the 2:00mark

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom