Kanye West - “Ye” | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Kanye West - “Ye”

Ye bodied this track. Now excuse me while I drink a gallon of pre-workout and spend all day at the gym.

Where was this? That’s a lot of talent in one room
I have no idea, it popped up in my recommended and it looks like it’s from over the weekend based on the time stamp of all the uploads.

I have no idea, it popped up in my recommended and it looks like it’s from over the weekend based on the time stamp of all the uploads.
Who’s in it? Can’t listen for a while unfortunately

It’s just a church service but with some crazy talented singers
There’s other clips on YouTube with Cudi and 070 Shake in rehearsals for “Sunday Service”. They’re planning something. I’d buy a gospel album like this in a millisecond. This is beautiful.

“I Wonder” at around the 32 minute mark is surreal.

Since this is the de facto new music thread and usually hip hop...this is a deep one.

Just to get the "de facto" hip hop thread going again...let's rank verses in collaborations:

First, this track has remained in my rotation since it came out. Second, it's like an all-star lineup of people that sometimes seem to have tracks/appearances that go way beyond what I expect from them considering somewhat spotty track records (so, who has the best verse - ignore Kendrick and A$AP)

Joey Bada$$
Yelawolf
Danny Brown
Action Bronson
BIG KRIT

Not sure you can call him underrated when his video gets almost 10M views in a week and goes all the way to #3 trending, but he is...this is fire.

Not sure you can call him underrated when his video gets almost 10M views in a week and goes all the way to #3 trending, but he is...this is fire.

Compared to MGK and Eminem much? haha

Anyway, no clue why, but reminded a little bit of Hopsin...maybe becomes it seems like it's supposed to be uplifting. I don't like uplifting. :)

Compared to MGK and Eminem much? haha

Anyway, no clue why, but reminded a little bit of Hopsin...maybe becomes it seems like it's supposed to be uplifting. I don't like uplifting. :)

He does get compared to Em and Hopsin a lot. His music is generally pretty deep. No cursing either.

“If you want love” is a song by him that shows how diverse he can be. One of the more moving music videos I’ve ever seen. “How could you leave us” is him talking to his mom who died off a pill overdose and “Let you down” is one his big radio hits.

He does get compared to Em and Hopsin a lot. His music is generally pretty deep. No cursing either.

Why?????? Cursing is a sign of intelligence and a robust vocabulary! :)

Just to get the "de facto" hip hop thread going again...let's rank verses in collaborations:

First, this track has remained in my rotation since it came out. Second, it's like an all-star lineup of people that sometimes seem to have tracks/appearances that go way beyond what I expect from them considering somewhat spotty track records (so, who has the best verse - ignore Kendrick and A$AP)

Joey Bada$$
Yelawolf
Danny Brown
Action Bronson
BIG KRIT

Big KRIT. Probably my favorite rapper that emerged in the 10’s. Most of the other guys I like have been around since the 90s.

Q-Tip has arguably made my favorite rap album of each of the last 3 decades.

90s: Low End Theory - it’s either 1, 2, or 3 depending on the day.

00’s: The Renaissance - I think this might be solidified at 1, but it’s 2 at worse.

10’s: We Got it From Here, Thank You For Your Service. Decade is just about over(how crazy is that?), and I think this is solidified as my number 1. Most of the albums I really like this decade are technically mixtapes.

I could almost say the same for Scarface but he definitely doesn’t have an album in the 90s that I would rate as high as Low End Theory.

Big KRIT. Probably my favorite rapper that emerged in the 10’s. Most of the other guys I like have been around since the 90s.

Phew! I thought nobody was going to pick anyone! Thank you for participating!

The 90s? Nothing new since then...

Phew! I thought nobody was going to pick anyone! Thank you for participating!

The 90s? Nothing new since then...

Curious why you said “ignore Kendrick and ASAP”? You don’t like those verses?

Curious why you said “ignore Kendrick and ASAP”? You don’t like those verses?

Oh, you can pick them I suppose. I just figure those two are pretty well known so most people may pick them on auto-pilot.

The other guys are all a bit second tier acts, and they're all guys I think have sort of mixed careers...so I thought ranking them/their verses would be more interesting. Kendrick and ASAP are pretty cemented as stars.

Oh, you can pick them I suppose. I just figure those two are pretty well known so most people may pick them on auto-pilot.

The other guys are all a bit second tier acts, and they're all guys I think have sort of mixed careers...so I thought ranking them/their verses would be more interesting. Kendrick and ASAP are pretty cemented as stars.

Ah, gotcha. I was going to say, I thought they had good verses too.

KRIT and Kendrick are the only ones I’ve been able to get into as far as liking their albums/mixtapes. Though section.80 and Good Kid MAAD City are easily my favorite Kendrick projects. I’m happy for him that he’s gone through the stratosphere and I respect his last few albums, but they haven’t hit me as hard as those other two I named.

KRIT’s double album a couple years ago was one of my favorites. Really liked his early 10’s mixtapes that were really free albums: KRIT Wuz Here, Returnof4eva, and 4evanaday.

Sooooo anyone hear Tom McDonald’s new Mac Lethal diss (Mac Lethal Sucks)?

Oh my...

One of the most savage diss track lines ever uttered in this one. I literally had to pause it and just stare into space for a second.

I’m not a huge fan of Tom McDonalds other stuff but this diss track was pretty filthy.

Last edited:
Nas - Lost Tapes 2

Nuff said.
Went through it once yesterday, I'll have to do it again. First impression was, it was aiight. I did notice the theme of a featured singer on each track, and I've only heard of one of them, not that it means anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom